Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
Switch to Forum Live View Jesus, the virgin birth, and his genealogy
3 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 3:14AM #41
Namchuck

Apr 6, 2012 -- 2:43AM, Joe68 wrote:

Thanks for proving my point that your “Joe is cherry picking verses” is nothing more than an unprovable assertion on your part.

And now I’ll call your bluff again. Please cite the threads and posts where you have called my bluff and I failed to respond.

I indexed on the thread dealing with the issue any number of biblical citations that demonstrated that God is neither omniscient nor omnipotent, and even more verses that amply demonstrate that the God of the Bible is certainly not omnibenevolent. You failed to respond to those posts with anything resembling coherency.

But all this "bluff" business is as beside the point as the old arguments about how many angels could dance on the head of a pin as there is no doubt whatsoever that the Bible is a fabrication of men, representing many religious factions of the ancient Israelite world. The creation of these so-called holy books proceded in accordance with the most elementary historical laws. Consequently, one would expect it to be, as we actually find it, inconsistent and contradictory and open for the kind of cherry-picking for which all believers have an avid propensity.

The pages of the Bible no more descend from heaven than those of Persian fables or Icelandic sagas. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 10:34AM #42
Joe68

Again I thank you for proving my point that I responded to all your points. Whether or not it was coherent, well that is in the eye of the beholder.

If you have anything to add to the subject of this thread - Jesus, the virgin birth, and his genealogy - please share, otherwise you’ll have to start another thread

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 4:24PM #43
Namchuck

Apr 7, 2012 -- 10:34AM, Joe68 wrote:

Again I thank you for proving my point that I responded to all your points. Whether or not it was coherent, well that is in the eye of the beholder.

If you have anything to add to the subject of this thread - Jesus, the virgin birth, and his genealogy - please share, otherwise you’ll have to start another thread

No, as I said, you didn't respond to all my points, and there is little one can add to the myth of the Virgin Birth or to the contradictory genealogies of Jesus. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook