Switch to Forum Live View Why the OT and NT are the Word of Yahweh and Inerrant
2 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2012 - 1:56AM #1
iamachildofhis

Feb 4, 2012 -- 6:29PM, Blü wrote:

Blu: iama,

Did you get back to me with a reasoned case as to why you think the OT and NT are the word of Yahweh and inerrant?  If so, I missed it.  Or do you confirm that you just made that nonsense up?

iama: 

Let's begin this thread with Israel My Glory articles:

The Foundations Of Faith

A Definition and Kinds Of Divine Revelation

The Biblical View of Inspiration

General Revelation (Part 1)

General Revelation (Part 2)

The Means of Knowing Truth About God

The Preservation of the Jewish People, part 1

The Preservation of the Jewish People, part 2

Historical Evidence for The Bible

iama: I am a child of God, and His Spirit has made The Bible come alive for me. 

He is my Father; He is my Savior; He is my Teacher / Comforter.

His Word speaks to my being.

Moderated by world citizen on Feb 05, 2012 - 01:07PM
The wonder of Christmas is that the God Who dwelt among us, now, can dwell within us. - Roy Lessin
"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
Justice is receiving what you deserve.
Mercy is NOT receiving what you deserve.
Grace is receiving what you DO NOT deserve.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2012 - 12:21PM #2
amcolph

Feb 5, 2012 -- 1:56AM, iamachildofhis wrote:

The Biblical View of Inspiration

"God was concerned that the prophets and apostles present His revealed knowledge accurately. An inaccurate presentation of God?’s revealed knowledge would defeat the whole purpose of God?’s revealing that knowledge.
There was a problem, however. Left to themselves, the prophets and apostles, like all other human beings, were fallible. If all they had to work with, when it came time for them to present God?’s revealed knowledge to other people, were their natural abilities, then they were bound to be inaccurate in their presentations on occasion.
How could God prevent the prophets and apostles from inaccurately presenting the knowledge that He revealed to them? He did it by the Holy Spirit working with them, giving them supernatural enablement when it was time for them to make their presentations. This guaranteed that what they spoke or wrote was accurate and inspired."

Where is the biblical evidence for any of this?  Where is any evidence? You're telling us a story about what God did and thought which is found nowhere in the Bible.

It looks like a self-serving invention to me.

Moderated by world citizen on Feb 05, 2012 - 01:08PM
This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2012 - 11:03PM #3
iamachildofhis

iama:  The Bible was so important to the following believers, that they were willing to die:

THE LIFE AND MARTYRDOM OF JOHN WYCLIFFE: HOW WE GOT THE BIBLE IN ENGLISH AND THE CHRISTIANS WHO LAID DOWN THEIR LIFE DEFENDING THE GOSPEL AND GIVING US THE BIBLE IN OUR LANGUAGE AS NARRATED BY CHRIS PINTO

iama: The Inquisition has been blamed, on these forums, on the Christians, but which "Christians" were really responsible.  Notice The Bible at the center of The Inquistition:

DID THE CHURCH OF ROME MURDER OVER 50 MILLION CHRISTIANS FOR PREACHING THE GOSPEL AND TRANSLATING THE BIBLE INTO ENGLISH?

EXPOSING THE JESUIT ORDER AND THEIR COUNTER REFORMATION BY BRANNON HOWSE AND CHRIS PINTO (VIDEO CLIP)

The wonder of Christmas is that the God Who dwelt among us, now, can dwell within us. - Roy Lessin
"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
Justice is receiving what you deserve.
Mercy is NOT receiving what you deserve.
Grace is receiving what you DO NOT deserve.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2012 - 11:26PM #4
Namchuck

Feb 5, 2012 -- 11:03PM, iamachildofhis wrote:

iama:  The Bible was so important to the following believers, that they were willing to die:

THE LIFE AND MARTYRDOM OF JOHN WYCLIFFE: HOW WE GOT THE BIBLE IN ENGLISH AND THE CHRISTIANS WHO LAID DOWN THEIR LIFE DEFENDING THE GOSPEL AND GIVING US THE BIBLE IN OUR LANGUAGE AS NARRATED BY CHRIS PINTO

iama: The Inquisition has been blamed, on these forums, on the Christians, but which "Christians" were really responsible.  Notice The Bible at the center of The Inquistition:

DID THE CHURCH OF ROME MURDER OVER 50 MILLION CHRISTIANS FOR PREACHING THE GOSPEL AND TRANSLATING THE BIBLE INTO ENGLISH?

EXPOSING THE JESUIT ORDER AND THEIR COUNTER REFORMATION BY BRANNON HOWSE AND CHRIS PINTO (VIDEO CLIP)

Oh, come on, iama, people are willing to die for all kinds of exotic reasons. Being willing to die for an idea or a belief does not make the idea or belief necessarily true. Countless thousands of Japanese died during the second world war for and in the belief that their emperor was god on earth.

And Christians have been killing each other over their respectively inconsistent beliefs almost from the inception of the Christian religion.

Christianity is a killing religion and the world would be better off without it and the violent and contradictory book that inspires it.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook