Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Was Jesus ALIVE those 3 Days after being nailed up?
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 12:50AM #1
theMadJW
The dogma of the 'immortal' soul' means he WAS- against all the Bible says....
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 4:08PM #2
Namchuck

Jan 15, 2012 -- 12:50AM, theMadJW wrote:

That's simply not accurate or true.

According to the stories told in the Gospels, Jesus would often quote from the Jewish scriptures in an affirmative way.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 4:47PM #3
theMadJW

Jan 15, 2012 -- 4:08PM, Namchuck wrote:

According to the stories told in the Gospels, Jesus would often quote from the Jewish scriptures in an affirmative way.

I don't know what you meant by that- but CHURCHianity CLEARLY teaches he was ALIVE those 3 days, even saying he was preaching to the billions in 'hellfire' then.

They say on his "body" died. Just a lame excuse to try and justify that they teach he was ALIVE!

So, according to THEM, Jesus switched bodies for all! heh

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 5:00PM #4
Namchuck

Jan 15, 2012 -- 4:47PM, theMadJW wrote:

Jan 15, 2012 -- 4:08PM, Namchuck wrote:

I don't know what you meant by that- but CHURCHianity CLEARLY teaches he was ALIVE those 3 days, even saying he was preaching to the billions in 'hellfire' then.

They say on his "body" died. Just a lame excuse to try and justify that they teach he was ALIVE!

So, according to THEM, Jesus switched bodies for all! heh

You quirkily claimed that "Jesus was against all the Bible says".

I responded that, according to the Gospel accounts, Jesus both confirmed and affirmed the Jewish scriptures, thus making your claim quite incorrect.

As to what he got up to between his supposed death and resurrection, well, that's the domain of myth and legend. One may as well speculate what Osiris got up to before he was resurrected.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 5:08PM #5
theMadJW

You misread it- I was saying the 'immortal' soul dogma means Jesus WAS alive, against all scripture.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 5:27PM #6
Namchuck

Jan 15, 2012 -- 5:08PM, theMadJW wrote:

You misread it- I was saying the 'immortal' soul dogma means Jesus WAS alive, against all scripture.

Then you should take the time and convey your ideas and beliefs more lucidly. Don't blame others for your own literary failings.

By the way, the Bible is full of contradictions and inconsistencies, like that concerning the 'soul'.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 8:52PM #7
theMadJW

Jan 15, 2012 -- 5:27PM, Namchuck wrote:

Then you should take the time and convey your ideas and beliefs more lucidly. Don't blame others for your own literary failings.

By the way, the Bible is full of contradictions and inconsistencies, like that concerning the 'soul'.

Nanny- go to an atheist forum- where you belong...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 10:22PM #8
Namchuck

Jan 15, 2012 -- 8:52PM, theMadJW wrote:

Jan 15, 2012 -- 5:27PM, Namchuck wrote:

Nanny- go to an atheist forum- where you belong...

You're repeating yourself like some adolescent who can get his own way. Grow up.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 10:27PM #9
theMadJW

Your like the stinky brown stuff one occaisionally steps in, then has a hard time scraping off.

You have already made up your mind- so share with us YOUR view about God or Evolution!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 10:30PM #10
Namchuck

Jan 15, 2012 -- 10:27PM, theMadJW wrote:

Your like the stinky brown stuff one occaisionally steps in, then has a hard time scraping off.

You have already made up your mind- so share with us YOUR view about God or Evolution!

You are all Christian class, aren't you? Smile

As I explained to you, my beliefs are held in proportion to the evidence while yours appear to be anchored in mere wishful-thinking.

I'll change my views if the evidence warrants it. What would change yours? Nothing, I'd bet.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook