Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Just WHO is the One Jesus said was "the ONLY true God"? - John 17:3
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 5:06PM #11
theMadJW

You provide no evidence to your opinions, thus my OPINION is that you are pompous.

Christianity (not Churchianity) VERY quickly influenced MANY in many lands, producing virtues.

The sheer honesty and historical confirmations, and MUCH more prove the Bible from a Divine Source.

Other religions produced divided peoples, vile acts, and absurd dogma. (Generally speaking)

-That is my opinion, and conclusions from years of studying.

I do not care to discuss the evidence the Bible is Divine; that would take more time than I have now.

I'm here to discuss the Bible with those that believe it is.

Maybe you should start your own topics- and I will look up references later.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 5:15PM #12
Namchuck

Jan 15, 2012 -- 5:06PM, theMadJW wrote:

You provide no evidence to your opinions, thus my OPINION is that you are pompous.

The evidence for the biblical God's despotism is splendidly arrayed in the Bible itself. Do you want some examples? Have a look at Exodus 34:11-14; Leviticus 26:7-9; Numbers 21:2-3; Deut. 7:2; Deut.20:16; which is merely the tip of a genocidal iceberg.

That the historicity of Jesus is in considerable doubt is well-known to any authentic student of the Bible. It is simply the result of self-imposed ignorance if one is not aware of this fact.

What you label as my pomposity appears to be nothing less than an attempt to deflect your own transparent benightedess.

Christianity (not Churchianity) VERY quickly influenced MANY in many lands, producing virtues.

Identify one of those supposed "virtues" that wasn't already extant among other peoples? I could show you that not a single one of the so-called Christian virtues was absent prior to Christianity and that many pre-Christian peoples held vastly superior ones.

The sheer honesty and historical confirmations, and MUCH more prove the Bible from a Divine Source.

Nonsense. Many, if not all, of those so-called supposed "historical confirmations" are non-existent, which is why you, clearly, cannot advance any. That the Bible is of human origin is obvious and simply too easily identified. 

Other religions produced divided peoples, vile acts, and absurd dogma. (Generally speaking)

And so did Christianity, only on a much larger scale than other of the other religions. Along with a great deal else, you seem unaware of the history of Christianity. Strange, considering what you next say...

-That is my opinion, and conclusions from years of studying.

Conclusions and opinions that are utterly incorrect and so narrowed-up that they do not represent any sort of authentic 'study'.

I do not care to discuss the evidence the Bible is Divine; that would take more time than I have now.

I other words, you can't do it because no such evidence exists! Are you now adding mendaciousness to the list of your failings?

You come onto this thread making all sorts of silly and half-baked assertions and then refuse to back up a single one of your inane claims.

I'm here to discuss the Bible with those that believe it is.

"Believe it is" what?

Again, you simply cannot proffer any sort of coherent defense of your claims.

Maybe you should start your own topics- and I will look up references later.

Maybe you should simply be honest - if it is within you - and acknowledge that you're not up to the task of defending your claims and assertions and that you've been caught out bearing false witness, among other things, as a result.

I dare say that you'll now, predictably, slink away with your tail between your legs.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 5:29PM #13
Namchuck

And I'm still waiting on those "two references" you appear to give so much weight to and anchor so much wishful-thinking upon?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 10:19PM #14
Namchuck

Jan 15, 2012 -- 8:53PM, theMadJW wrote:

Jan 15, 2012 -- 4:48PM, Namchuck wrote:

Jan 15, 2012 -- 4:44PM, theMadJW wrote:

False witness my saying "many"?

You've blown your credibility with me.

No, bearing false witness in saying that my views were "pompous" and that I claimed that they were "absolute fact". Both unproven by you.

Thus, my credibility stands while your own appear to be in tatters!   

Where, for instance, is the "two references" you seem reluctant to advance?

This is an open forum for anybody interested in sacred texts, in this case, the Bible. 

I am a lifetime reader and student of the Bible (in three languages), so the topic herein interests me.

What makes you think that are going to be able to dictate who posts here simply because you have an interest in furthering your own insupportable beliefs? Now, that is pomposity.

I've called your bluff about those "two references", and you have not been able to respond. Smile

Moderated by world citizen on Mar 21, 2012 - 06:33PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 10:22PM #15
theMadJW

Jan 15, 2012 -- 10:19PM, Namchuck wrote:

No, bearing false witness in saying that my views were "pompous" and that I claimed that they were "absolute fact". Both unproven by you.

This is an open forum for anybody interested in sacred texts, in this case, the Bible. 

I am a lifetime reader and student of the Bible (in three languages), so the topic herein interests me.

What makes you think that are going to be able to dictate who posts here simply because you have an interest in furthering your own insupportable beliefs? Now, that is pomposity.

I've called your bluff about those "two references", and you have not been able to respond.

I was asking expecting you to be polite.

What have you learned that encourages YOU about the future?

Moderated by world citizen on Mar 21, 2012 - 06:34PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 10:26PM #16
Namchuck

Jan 15, 2012 -- 10:22PM, theMadJW wrote:

Jan 15, 2012 -- 10:19PM, Namchuck wrote:

I've called your bluff about those "two references", and you have not been able to respond.

I was asking expecting you to be polite.

What have you learned that encourages YOU about the future?

I was polite until you starting making accusations.

Moderated by world citizen on Mar 21, 2012 - 06:36PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 10:29PM #17
theMadJW

What is YOUR view @ God or Evolution or the Future?

Moderated by world citizen on Mar 21, 2012 - 06:37PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2012 - 11:14AM #18
theMadJW

John 17:3- Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Churchianity has added Jesus and an Imaginary, Nameless GHOST!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2012 - 4:19PM #19
Lookbeyond

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, AND Jesus Christ WHOM THOU HAST SENT." John 17:3

God the Father's only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ, was born of Mary in the flesh. God the Father, is indeed the True God over us all, and His Son was sent to the earth by Him, our Eternal Father, to redeem us, His children from the consequences of Adam's transgressions.

Jesus Christ is the God of the Old Testament, known as Jehovah!  According to the Bible Dictionary, Jehovah was the covenant Name of the God of Israel. The Name is generally denoted by Lord or God, printed in small capitals.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2012 - 2:47AM #20
Namchuck

Mar 21, 2012 -- 4:19PM, Lookbeyond wrote:

Jesus Christ is the God of the Old Testament, known as Jehovah!  According to the Bible Dictionary, Jehovah was the covenant Name of the God of Israel. The Name is generally denoted by Lord or God, printed in small capitals.

If this is true, and there isn't any compelling evidence that it is, then one would have to conclude that Jesus, despite all casuistic claims to the contrary, is a nasty deity indeed.

How could any reasonable person not blench in horror at the portrait the Old Testament gives of a despotic, jealous, violent, temperamental, petty, and murderous deity!?

Is it the 'gentle Jesus' who sent two she-bears out of the woods to tear forty-two children to pieces (2Kings 2:23-24)? 

Was it the Jesus who later recommended turning the other cheek who killed all the firstborn sons, even of slave girls who had no part in oppressing the Israelites (Ex. 11:5)?

Is this the same Jesus who allowed slavery (lev.25:44-46; Eph.6:5; Col. 3:22), even permitting fathers to sell their daughters into abject servitude (Ex.21:7)?

Was it the same gentle and long-suffering Jesus who condoned the raping of women of foreign wars (Deut. 21:10-14), or permitted the throwing of prisoners of such over cliffs (2 Chron. 24:12)?

Is this the same Jesus who regretted his creation and, in a fit of pique, commits genocide and ecocide by flooding the earth (Gen. 6:7)?

While the index of horrors goes agonisingly on and on, one shouldn't forget to mention that Jesus (Jehovah) eventually makes an unmarried teenage girl pregnant and then arranges for the resultant offspring - which is, supposedly, himself - to be tortured to death. And one is supposed to take this seriously!?

If Jesus is the God of the Old Testament, then he is certainly not as advertised by most  Christians.

But, then, Jesus does not ever claim to be the "God of the Old Testament" (and the 'I am' passage is open to a far more reasonable interpretation), even on more than a couple of occasions refuting the proposition.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook