Post Reply
Page 3 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View the writings attributed to saul of tarsus are illicit and need to be disregarded by the faithful-
3 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2012 - 6:42PM #21
Peter_d_roman
Posts: 5,999

you read it that way because you are reading the flawed " paper back versions" of the man made gosples.



become committed to The Way of Love for a 40 day try out and you will be given The Living Gospel and then YOU will Know The Gospel True-



penned for you personally  with great Love by - oh you know who.



>p




Jan 1, 2012 -- 4:49PM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 4:27PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


yes i fully agree with you.



and becouse the bible led church went THAT WAY it failed to go The Saviors Way.


Yes, but that was likely a result of the fact that "The Saviors Way" was essentially vague, open to interpretation, and not always to be recommended. For instance, while there is much to be admired in Jesus' aphorisms and actions, the Gospel's reveal him as decidedly flawed. When ignored, Jesus became petulant. When mocked, he became vindictive. And his doctrine of everlasting torture, well, it is simply not the work of any humane person.



thnks and happy new year.


Same to you, Peter_d_roman.



>p




quote author=33914919 post=514460223]


Paul articulated the notions that came to be identified with Christianity triumphant. These include the masochistic joys of submission, obedience, passivity, total subservience to the powerful on the grounds that all power comes from God and that the social position of the poor, the modest, and the humble emanates from a heavenly will and a divine decision.













Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2012 - 9:14PM #22
Namchuck
Posts: 11,349

Jan 1, 2012 -- 6:42PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


you read it that way because you are reading the flawed " paper back versions" of the man made gosples.


There you go again making silly assumptions. I've read some of the oldest manuscripts of the Gospels in the original languages and know exactly what they say. You, on the other hand, merely shape and adapt the Gospels according to your own emotional needs, ignoring anything that doesn't suit your purposes, which, aside from having other negative implications, is very dishonest.


At least I'm treating the Gospels with respect by letting them speak for themselves.


Are you not, in fact, doing what you accuse Saul/Paul of doing?



become committed to The Way of Love for a 40 day try out and you will be given The Living Gospel and then YOU will Know The Gospel True-


Another crass assumption!


I was a believer for quite some time before coming to the realization that it was all man-made.



penned for you personally  with great Love by - oh you know who.


Your profession of love is unhappily undermined by your dishonesty in other matters, Peter_d_roman.


Not a good way to start the New Year, huh?


>p




Jan 1, 2012 -- 4:49PM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 4:27PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


yes i fully agree with you.



and becouse the bible led church went THAT WAY it failed to go The Saviors Way.


Yes, but that was likely a result of the fact that "The Saviors Way" was essentially vague, open to interpretation, and not always to be recommended. For instance, while there is much to be admired in Jesus' aphorisms and actions, the Gospel's reveal him as decidedly flawed. When ignored, Jesus became petulant. When mocked, he became vindictive. And his doctrine of everlasting torture, well, it is simply not the work of any humane person.



thnks and happy new year.


Same to you, Peter_d_roman.



>p




quote author=33914919 post=514460223]


Paul articulated the notions that came to be identified with Christianity triumphant. These include the masochistic joys of submission, obedience, passivity, total subservience to the powerful on the grounds that all power comes from God and that the social position of the poor, the modest, and the humble emanates from a heavenly will and a divine decision.

















Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2012 - 10:02PM #23
Peter_d_roman
Posts: 5,999


thanks for your reply



>p


Jan 1, 2012 -- 9:14PM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 6:42PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


you read it that way because you are reading the flawed " paper back versions" of the man made gosples.


There you go again making silly assumptions. I've read some of the oldest manuscripts of the Gospels in the original languages and know exactly what they say. You, on the other hand, merely shape and adapt the Gospels according to your own emotional needs, ignoring anything that doesn't suit your purposes, which, aside from having other negative implications, is very dishonest.


At least I'm treating the Gospels with respect by letting them speak for themselves.


Are you not, in fact, doing what you accuse Saul/Paul of doing?



become committed to The Way of Love for a 40 day try out and you will be given The Living Gospel and then YOU will Know The Gospel True-


Another crass assumption!


I was a believer for quite some time before coming to the realization that it was all man-made.



penned for you personally  with great Love by - oh you know who.


Your profession of love is unhappily undermined by your dishonesty in other matters, Peter_d_roman.



>p




Jan 1, 2012 -- 4:49PM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 4:27PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


yes i fully agree with you.



and becouse the bible led church went THAT WAY it failed to go The Saviors Way.


Yes, but that was likely a result of the fact that "The Saviors Way" was essentially vague, open to interpretation, and not always to be recommended. For instance, while there is much to be admired in Jesus' aphorisms and actions, the Gospel's reveal him as decidedly flawed. When ignored, Jesus became petulant. When mocked, he became vindictive. And his doctrine of everlasting torture, well, it is simply not the work of any humane person.



thnks and happy new year.


Same to you, Peter_d_roman.



>p




quote author=33914919 post=514460223]


Paul articulated the notions that came to be identified with Christianity triumphant. These include the masochistic joys of submission, obedience, passivity, total subservience to the powerful on the grounds that all power comes from God and that the social position of the poor, the modest, and the humble emanates from a heavenly will and a divine decision.





















Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2012 - 11:14PM #24
Namchuck
Posts: 11,349

Jan 1, 2012 -- 10:02PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:



thanks for your reply


You're welcome, but no response, huh?



>p


Jan 1, 2012 -- 9:14PM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 6:42PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


you read it that way because you are reading the flawed " paper back versions" of the man made gosples.


There you go again making silly assumptions. I've read some of the oldest manuscripts of the Gospels in the original languages and know exactly what they say. You, on the other hand, merely shape and adapt the Gospels according to your own emotional needs, ignoring anything that doesn't suit your purposes, which, aside from having other negative implications, is very dishonest.


At least I'm treating the Gospels with respect by letting them speak for themselves.


Are you not, in fact, doing what you accuse Saul/Paul of doing?



become committed to The Way of Love for a 40 day try out and you will be given The Living Gospel and then YOU will Know The Gospel True-


Another crass assumption!


I was a believer for quite some time before coming to the realization that it was all man-made.



penned for you personally  with great Love by - oh you know who.


Your profession of love is unhappily undermined by your dishonesty in other matters, Peter_d_roman.



>p




Jan 1, 2012 -- 4:49PM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 4:27PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


yes i fully agree with you.



and becouse the bible led church went THAT WAY it failed to go The Saviors Way.


Yes, but that was likely a result of the fact that "The Saviors Way" was essentially vague, open to interpretation, and not always to be recommended. For instance, while there is much to be admired in Jesus' aphorisms and actions, the Gospel's reveal him as decidedly flawed. When ignored, Jesus became petulant. When mocked, he became vindictive. And his doctrine of everlasting torture, well, it is simply not the work of any humane person.



thnks and happy new year.


Same to you, Peter_d_roman.



>p




quote author=33914919 post=514460223]


Paul articulated the notions that came to be identified with Christianity triumphant. These include the masochistic joys of submission, obedience, passivity, total subservience to the powerful on the grounds that all power comes from God and that the social position of the poor, the modest, and the humble emanates from a heavenly will and a divine decision.

























Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2012 - 11:29PM #25
Peter_d_roman
Posts: 5,999

nothing more.



>p



Jan 1, 2012 -- 11:14PM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 10:02PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:



thanks for your reply


You're welcome, but no response, huh?



>p


Jan 1, 2012 -- 9:14PM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 6:42PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


you read it that way because you are reading the flawed " paper back versions" of the man made gosples.


There you go again making silly assumptions. I've read some of the oldest manuscripts of the Gospels in the original languages and know exactly what they say. You, on the other hand, merely shape and adapt the Gospels according to your own emotional needs, ignoring anything that doesn't suit your purposes, which, aside from having other negative implications, is very dishonest.


At least I'm treating the Gospels with respect by letting them speak for themselves.


Are you not, in fact, doing what you accuse Saul/Paul of doing?



become committed to The Way of Love for a 40 day try out and you will be given The Living Gospel and then YOU will Know The Gospel True-


Another crass assumption!


I was a believer for quite some time before coming to the realization that it was all man-made.



penned for you personally  with great Love by - oh you know who.


Your profession of love is unhappily undermined by your dishonesty in other matters, Peter_d_roman.



>p




Jan 1, 2012 -- 4:49PM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 4:27PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


yes i fully agree with you.



and becouse the bible led church went THAT WAY it failed to go The Saviors Way.


Yes, but that was likely a result of the fact that "The Saviors Way" was essentially vague, open to interpretation, and not always to be recommended. For instance, while there is much to be admired in Jesus' aphorisms and actions, the Gospel's reveal him as decidedly flawed. When ignored, Jesus became petulant. When mocked, he became vindictive. And his doctrine of everlasting torture, well, it is simply not the work of any humane person.



thnks and happy new year.


Same to you, Peter_d_roman.



>p




quote author=33914919 post=514460223]


Paul articulated the notions that came to be identified with Christianity triumphant. These include the masochistic joys of submission, obedience, passivity, total subservience to the powerful on the grounds that all power comes from God and that the social position of the poor, the modest, and the humble emanates from a heavenly will and a divine decision.





























Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2012 - 12:51AM #26
Namchuck
Posts: 11,349

Jan 1, 2012 -- 11:29PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


nothing more.


"Nothing more"!


Not even to defend what I suggest is gross dishonesty, the very thing you accuse Saul/Paul of!?



>p



Jan 1, 2012 -- 11:14PM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 10:02PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:



thanks for your reply


You're welcome, but no response, huh?



>p


Jan 1, 2012 -- 9:14PM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 6:42PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


you read it that way because you are reading the flawed " paper back versions" of the man made gosples.


There you go again making silly assumptions. I've read some of the oldest manuscripts of the Gospels in the original languages and know exactly what they say. You, on the other hand, merely shape and adapt the Gospels according to your own emotional needs, ignoring anything that doesn't suit your purposes, which, aside from having other negative implications, is very dishonest.


At least I'm treating the Gospels with respect by letting them speak for themselves.


Are you not, in fact, doing what you accuse Saul/Paul of doing?



become committed to The Way of Love for a 40 day try out and you will be given The Living Gospel and then YOU will Know The Gospel True-


Another crass assumption!


I was a believer for quite some time before coming to the realization that it was all man-made.



penned for you personally  with great Love by - oh you know who.


Your profession of love is unhappily undermined by your dishonesty in other matters, Peter_d_roman.



>p




Jan 1, 2012 -- 4:49PM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 4:27PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


yes i fully agree with you.



and becouse the bible led church went THAT WAY it failed to go The Saviors Way.


Yes, but that was likely a result of the fact that "The Saviors Way" was essentially vague, open to interpretation, and not always to be recommended. For instance, while there is much to be admired in Jesus' aphorisms and actions, the Gospel's reveal him as decidedly flawed. When ignored, Jesus became petulant. When mocked, he became vindictive. And his doctrine of everlasting torture, well, it is simply not the work of any humane person.



thnks and happy new year.


Same to you, Peter_d_roman.



>p




quote author=33914919 post=514460223]


Paul articulated the notions that came to be identified with Christianity triumphant. These include the masochistic joys of submission, obedience, passivity, total subservience to the powerful on the grounds that all power comes from God and that the social position of the poor, the modest, and the humble emanates from a heavenly will and a divine decision.

































Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2012 - 1:09AM #27
Peter_d_roman
Posts: 5,999

no- you have the natural right  to be as wrong as you'd like to be.



>p



Jan 2, 2012 -- 12:51AM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 11:29PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


nothing more.


"Nothing more"!


Not even to defend what I suggest is gross dishonesty, the very thing you accuse Saul/Paul of!?



>p



Jan 1, 2012 -- 11:14PM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 10:02PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:



thanks for your reply


You're welcome, but no response, huh?



>p


Jan 1, 2012 -- 9:14PM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 6:42PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


you read it that way because you are reading the flawed " paper back versions" of the man made gosples.


There you go again making silly assumptions. I've read some of the oldest manuscripts of the Gospels in the original languages and know exactly what they say. You, on the other hand, merely shape and adapt the Gospels according to your own emotional needs, ignoring anything that doesn't suit your purposes, which, aside from having other negative implications, is very dishonest.


At least I'm treating the Gospels with respect by letting them speak for themselves.


Are you not, in fact, doing what you accuse Saul/Paul of doing?



become committed to The Way of Love for a 40 day try out and you will be given The Living Gospel and then YOU will Know The Gospel True-


Another crass assumption!


I was a believer for quite some time before coming to the realization that it was all man-made.



penned for you personally  with great Love by - oh you know who.


Your profession of love is unhappily undermined by your dishonesty in other matters, Peter_d_roman.



>p




Jan 1, 2012 -- 4:49PM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 4:27PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


yes i fully agree with you.



and becouse the bible led church went THAT WAY it failed to go The Saviors Way.


Yes, but that was likely a result of the fact that "The Saviors Way" was essentially vague, open to interpretation, and not always to be recommended. For instance, while there is much to be admired in Jesus' aphorisms and actions, the Gospel's reveal him as decidedly flawed. When ignored, Jesus became petulant. When mocked, he became vindictive. And his doctrine of everlasting torture, well, it is simply not the work of any humane person.



thnks and happy new year.


Same to you, Peter_d_roman.



>p




quote author=33914919 post=514460223]


Paul articulated the notions that came to be identified with Christianity triumphant. These include the masochistic joys of submission, obedience, passivity, total subservience to the powerful on the grounds that all power comes from God and that the social position of the poor, the modest, and the humble emanates from a heavenly will and a divine decision.





































Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2012 - 1:15AM #28
Namchuck
Posts: 11,349

Jan 2, 2012 -- 1:09AM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


no- you have the natural right  to be as wrong as you'd like to be. (What a cowardly response)


Haha...but you cannot demonstrate that I am wrong. 


On the other hand, I have done exactly that with your claims.


You accuse Saul/Paul of dishonesty and then behave the same way yourself! Now, I think that's called hypocrisy.


Our communications always seem to go in the same direction. I call you out on some silly and unjustified claim or remark, and eventually you attempt to wheedle your way around it with a predictable lack of integrity, which is hardly consistent with your other pious-sounding claims.


To give you the benefit of the doubt, perhaps you are just an ill-tutored and, therefore, addled believer?



>p



Jan 2, 2012 -- 12:51AM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 11:29PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


nothing more.


"Nothing more"!


Not even to defend what I suggest is gross dishonesty, the very thing you accuse Saul/Paul of!?



>p



Jan 1, 2012 -- 11:14PM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 10:02PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:



thanks for your reply


You're welcome, but no response, huh?



>p


Jan 1, 2012 -- 9:14PM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 6:42PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


you read it that way because you are reading the flawed " paper back versions" of the man made gosples.


There you go again making silly assumptions. I've read some of the oldest manuscripts of the Gospels in the original languages and know exactly what they say. You, on the other hand, merely shape and adapt the Gospels according to your own emotional needs, ignoring anything that doesn't suit your purposes, which, aside from having other negative implications, is very dishonest.


At least I'm treating the Gospels with respect by letting them speak for themselves.


Are you not, in fact, doing what you accuse Saul/Paul of doing?



become committed to The Way of Love for a 40 day try out and you will be given The Living Gospel and then YOU will Know The Gospel True-


Another crass assumption!


I was a believer for quite some time before coming to the realization that it was all man-made.



penned for you personally  with great Love by - oh you know who.


Your profession of love is unhappily undermined by your dishonesty in other matters, Peter_d_roman.



>p




Jan 1, 2012 -- 4:49PM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 4:27PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


yes i fully agree with you.



and becouse the bible led church went THAT WAY it failed to go The Saviors Way.


Yes, but that was likely a result of the fact that "The Saviors Way" was essentially vague, open to interpretation, and not always to be recommended. For instance, while there is much to be admired in Jesus' aphorisms and actions, the Gospel's reveal him as decidedly flawed. When ignored, Jesus became petulant. When mocked, he became vindictive. And his doctrine of everlasting torture, well, it is simply not the work of any humane person.



thnks and happy new year.


Same to you, Peter_d_roman.



>p




quote author=33914919 post=514460223]


Paul articulated the notions that came to be identified with Christianity triumphant. These include the masochistic joys of submission, obedience, passivity, total subservience to the powerful on the grounds that all power comes from God and that the social position of the poor, the modest, and the humble emanates from a heavenly will and a divine decision.









































Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2012 - 1:31AM #29
Peter_d_roman
Posts: 5,999



so you say-



my spiritually beef with  the pharisee saul and his writings that are  held in such high esteem in the christian church are that they are illicit in that there is no record of offical approval given to any of them/ bestowed upon them by the then churches appoint leader and boss- simon/ peter.



that would be like me going to the bank and getting a home loan ON YOUR HOME. i could do it but it would be an act of fraud as well as theft.



further more i find it telling half the story of him leaving out his blood bloody so called pre apostolic life as a half told story .



i say that My Savior Brothers Direct  Teachings are sufficient and complete as they are needing no other ones  teachings-



and then you call me a liar like saul.



believe as you will -good night.



>p


Jan 2, 2012 -- 1:15AM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 2, 2012 -- 1:09AM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


no- you have the natural right  to be as wrong as you'd like to be.


Haha...but you cannot demonstrate that I am wrong. 


On the other hand, I have done exactly that with your claims.


You accuse Saul/Paul of dishonesty and then behave the same way yourself! Now, I think that's called hypocrisy.



>p



Jan 2, 2012 -- 12:51AM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 11:29PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


nothing more.


"Nothing more"!


Not even to defend what I suggest is gross dishonesty, the very thing you accuse Saul/Paul of!?



>p



Jan 1, 2012 -- 11:14PM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 10:02PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:



thanks for your reply


You're welcome, but no response, huh?



>p


Jan 1, 2012 -- 9:14PM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 6:42PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


you read it that way because you are reading the flawed " paper back versions" of the man made gosples.


There you go again making silly assumptions. I've read some of the oldest manuscripts of the Gospels in the original languages and know exactly what they say. You, on the other hand, merely shape and adapt the Gospels according to your own emotional needs, ignoring anything that doesn't suit your purposes, which, aside from having other negative implications, is very dishonest.


At least I'm treating the Gospels with respect by letting them speak for themselves.


Are you not, in fact, doing what you accuse Saul/Paul of doing?



become committed to The Way of Love for a 40 day try out and you will be given The Living Gospel and then YOU will Know The Gospel True-


Another crass assumption!


I was a believer for quite some time before coming to the realization that it was all man-made.



penned for you personally  with great Love by - oh you know who.


Your profession of love is unhappily undermined by your dishonesty in other matters, Peter_d_roman.



>p




Jan 1, 2012 -- 4:49PM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 4:27PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


yes i fully agree with you.



and becouse the bible led church went THAT WAY it failed to go The Saviors Way.


Yes, but that was likely a result of the fact that "The Saviors Way" was essentially vague, open to interpretation, and not always to be recommended. For instance, while there is much to be admired in Jesus' aphorisms and actions, the Gospel's reveal him as decidedly flawed. When ignored, Jesus became petulant. When mocked, he became vindictive. And his doctrine of everlasting torture, well, it is simply not the work of any humane person.



thnks and happy new year.


Same to you, Peter_d_roman.



>p




quote author=33914919 post=514460223]


Paul articulated the notions that came to be identified with Christianity triumphant. These include the masochistic joys of submission, obedience, passivity, total subservience to the powerful on the grounds that all power comes from God and that the social position of the poor, the modest, and the humble emanates from a heavenly will and a divine decision.













































Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2012 - 1:39AM #30
Namchuck
Posts: 11,349

Jan 2, 2012 -- 1:31AM, Peter_d_roman wrote:




so you say-


No, it's not merely "so you say". The evidence for your double-standards is there in your posts in black and white for all to see. You should have listened more carefully to your "Brother Saviors" words when he advised his followers responses to be a laconic 'Yay or nay' as 'anything more than this comes of evil'. Your own ill-thought out words of condemnation of Saul/Paul have shown you up as double-tongued accuser.



my spiritually beef with  the pharisee saul and his writings that are  held in such high esteem in the christian church are that they are illicit in that there is no record of offical approval given to any of them/ bestowed upon them by the then churches appoint leader and boss- simon/ peter.


So, it comes down to an 'argument from authority', does it? That's a miserable argument to say the least.



that would be like me going to the bank and getting a home loan ON YOUR HOME. i could do it but it would be an act of fraud as well as theft.


Your analogy is rank and silly.


Is judging others when your "Savior Brother" explicitly warned you not to do it not a betrayal of your supposed commitment to him?





further more i find it telling half the story of him leaving out his blood bloody so called pre apostolic life as a half told story .


Nonsense. You have read the rest of the New Testament after the fourth Gospel, have you not?



i say that My Savior Brothers Direct  Teachings are sufficient and complete as they are needing no other ones  teachings-


Your "Savior Brothers Direct Teachings" are themselves subject to considerable doubt. Interestingly, they also include double standards, so a least you seem to be consistent in that respect in imitating him.



and then you call me a liar like saul.


Now you are telling lies! Wherein did I call you a "liar"? Show me!? A hypocrite, yes, but that is easy to identify.



believe as you will -good night.


Again, a cowards response.



>p


Jan 2, 2012 -- 1:15AM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 2, 2012 -- 1:09AM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


no- you have the natural right  to be as wrong as you'd like to be.


Haha...but you cannot demonstrate that I am wrong. 


On the other hand, I have done exactly that with your claims.


You accuse Saul/Paul of dishonesty and then behave the same way yourself! Now, I think that's called hypocrisy.



>p



Jan 2, 2012 -- 12:51AM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 11:29PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


nothing more.


"Nothing more"!


Not even to defend what I suggest is gross dishonesty, the very thing you accuse Saul/Paul of!?



>p



Jan 1, 2012 -- 11:14PM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 10:02PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:



thanks for your reply


You're welcome, but no response, huh?



>p


Jan 1, 2012 -- 9:14PM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 6:42PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


you read it that way because you are reading the flawed " paper back versions" of the man made gosples.


There you go again making silly assumptions. I've read some of the oldest manuscripts of the Gospels in the original languages and know exactly what they say. You, on the other hand, merely shape and adapt the Gospels according to your own emotional needs, ignoring anything that doesn't suit your purposes, which, aside from having other negative implications, is very dishonest.


At least I'm treating the Gospels with respect by letting them speak for themselves.


Are you not, in fact, doing what you accuse Saul/Paul of doing?



become committed to The Way of Love for a 40 day try out and you will be given The Living Gospel and then YOU will Know The Gospel True-


Another crass assumption!


I was a believer for quite some time before coming to the realization that it was all man-made.



penned for you personally  with great Love by - oh you know who.


Your profession of love is unhappily undermined by your dishonesty in other matters, Peter_d_roman.



>p




Jan 1, 2012 -- 4:49PM, Namchuck wrote:


Jan 1, 2012 -- 4:27PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:


yes i fully agree with you.



and becouse the bible led church went THAT WAY it failed to go The Saviors Way.


Yes, but that was likely a result of the fact that "The Saviors Way" was essentially vague, open to interpretation, and not always to be recommended. For instance, while there is much to be admired in Jesus' aphorisms and actions, the Gospel's reveal him as decidedly flawed. When ignored, Jesus became petulant. When mocked, he became vindictive. And his doctrine of everlasting torture, well, it is simply not the work of any humane person.



thnks and happy new year.


Same to you, Peter_d_roman.



>p




quote author=33914919 post=514460223]


Paul articulated the notions that came to be identified with Christianity triumphant. These include the masochistic joys of submission, obedience, passivity, total subservience to the powerful on the grounds that all power comes from God and that the social position of the poor, the modest, and the humble emanates from a heavenly will and a divine decision.

















































Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook