Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 39 of 39  •  Prev 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39
Switch to Forum Live View The Message of The Qur'an
2 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2014 - 7:20AM #381
Ibn

[19.91] That they ascribe a son to the Beneficent God.

[19.92] And it is not worthy of the Beneficent God that He should take (to Himself) a son.

[19.93] There is no one in the heavens and the earth but will come to the Beneficent God as a servant.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
(Winston Churchill)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2014 - 3:23PM #382
Ibn

[4.40] Surely Allah does not do injustice to the weight of an atom, and if it is a good deed He multiplies it and gives from Himself a great reward.

[4.41] How will it be, then, when We bring from every people a witness and bring you as a witness against these?

[4.42] On that day will those who disbelieve and disobey the messenger desire that the earth were levelled with them, and they shall not hide any word from Allah.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
(Winston Churchill)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2014 - 4:45AM #383
Ibn

[4.37] Those who are niggardly and bid people to be niggardly and hide what Allah has given them out of His grace; and We have prepared for the unbelievers a disgraceful chastisement.

[4.38] And those who spend their property (in alms) to be seen of the people and do not believe in Allah nor in the last day; and as for him whose associate is the Shaitan, an evil associate is he!

[4.39] And what (harm) would it have done them if they had believed in Allah and the last day and spent (benevolently) of what Allah had given them? And Allah knows them.

(Winston Churchill)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2014 - 6:35AM #384
Ibn

[30.48] Allah is he Who sends forth the winds so they raise a cloud, then He spreads it forth in the sky as He pleases, and He breaks it up so that you see the rain coming forth from inside it; then when He causes it to fall upon whom He pleases of His servants, lo! they are joyful

[30.49] Though they were before this, before it was sent down upon them, confounded in sure despair.

[30.50] Look then at the signs of Allah's mercy, how He gives life to the earth after its death, most surely He will raise the dead to life; and He has power over all things.

(Winston Churchill)
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Sep 13, 2015 - 4:36PM #385
Ibn

The Qur’an

Qur'an literally means something that is recited/read/proclaimed. It comes from the very first word (Iqra) of the very first verse (96:1) that was revealed on Mt. Noor (Nur).

It is God’s Revelation

[6.92] And this is a Book We have revealed, blessed, verifying that which is before it, and that you may warn the metropolis and those around her; and those who believe in the hereafter believe in it, and they attend to their prayers constantly.

[27.6] And most surely you are made to receive the Qur’an from the Wise, the Knowing God.

[45.2] The revelation of the Book is from Allah, the Mighty, the Wise.
[45.3] Most surely in the heavens and the earth there are signs for the believers.
[45.4] And in your (own) creation and in what He spreads abroad of animals there are signs for a people that are sure;
[45.5] And (in) the variation of the night and the day, and (in) what Allah sends down of sustenance from the cloud, then gives life thereby to the earth after its death, and (in) the changing of the winds, there are signs for a people who understand.
[45.6] These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you with truth; then in what hadith would they believe after Allah’s and His verses?

Purpose of Revelation

[7.2] A Book revealed to you-- so let there be no straitness  in your breast on account of it-- that you may warn thereby, and a reminder close to the believers.

[16.64] And We have not revealed to you the Book except that you may make clear to them that about which they differ, and (as) a guidance and a mercy for a people who believe.

[7.203] And when you bring them not a revelation they say: Why do you not forge it? Say: I only follow what is revealed to me from my Lord; these are clear proofs from your Lord and a guidance and a mercy for a people who believe.

Light and Guide

[5.15] O people of the Book! Indeed Our Messenger has come to you making clear to you much of what you concealed of the Book and passing over much; indeed, there has come to you light and a clear Book from Allah;
[5.16] With it Allah guides him who will follow His Will into the ways of safety and brings them out of utter darkness into light by His Will and Guides hem to the right path.

Guide and Mercy

[31.2] These are verses of the Book of Wisdom
[31.3] A guidance and a mercy for the doers of goodness.

The Qur'an is guidance just as the Taurat and the Injeel was guidance from God. This guidance was promised by God when Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden for disobeying God:

[2.38] We said: Go forth from this (state) all; so surely there will come to you a guidance from Me, then whoever follows My guidance, no fear shall come upon them, nor shall they grieve.

Healing and Mercy

[17.82] And We reveal of the Qur’an that which is a healing and a mercy to the believers, and it adds only to the perdition of the unjust.

Truth from God

[32.2] The revelation of the Book, there is no doubt in it, is from the Lord of the worlds.
[32.3] Or do they say: He has forged it? Nay! It is the truth from your Lord that you may warn a people to whom no warner has come before you, that they may follow the right direction.

[4.82] Do they not then meditate on the Qur’an? And if it were from any other than Allah, they would have found in it many a discrepancy.

[6.19] Say: What thing is the weightiest in testimony? Say: Allah is witness between you and me; and this Qur’an has been revealed to me that with it I may warn you and whomsoever it reaches…

Taught by God

[55.1] The Beneficent God,
[55.2] Taught the Qur’an.

The Qur'an is best Hadith consistent with itself

[39.23] Allah has revealed the best Hadith, a book conformable in its various parts, repeating, whereat do shudder the skins of those who fear their Lord, then their skins and their hearts become pliant to the remembrance of Allah; this is Allah's guidance, He guides with it whom He pleases; and (as for) him whom Allah makes err, there is no guide for him.

Message to all the worlds

[81.27] It is naught but a reminder to the worlds,
[81.28] For him among you who wishes to go straight.

Instructs mankind

[39.41] Surely We have revealed to you the Book with the truth for the sake mankind; so whoever follows the right way, it is for his own soul and whoever errs, he errs only to its detriment; and you are not a custodian over them.

[80.11] Nay! Surely it is a reminder.
[80.12] So let him who wishes to remember it.

Carries own evidence

[29.48] And you did not recite before it any book, nor did you transcribe one with your right hand, for then could those who say untrue things have doubted.

Cannot be produced by other than divine agency

[17.88] Say: If men and jinn should combine together to bring the like of this Qur’an, they could not bring the like of it, though some of them were aiders of others.

Perhaps 114 chapters of the Qur’an was too much. How about just ten chapters?

[11:13] Or, do they say: He has forged it. Say: Then bring ten forged chapters like it and call upon whom you can besides Allah, if you are truthful.

If not even ten chapters, how about just one chapter?

[2.23] And if you are in doubt as to that which We have revealed to Our servant, then produce a chapter like it and call on your witnesses besides Allah if you are truthful.

[10.38] Or do they say: He has forged it? Say: Then bring a chapter like this and invite whom you can besides Allah, if you are truthful.

[2.23] And if you are in doubt as to that which We have revealed to Our servant, then produce a chapter like it and call on your witnesses besides Allah if you are truthful.

Follow it and do right

[6.155] And this is a Book We have revealed, blessed; therefore follow it and guard (against evil) that mercy may be shown to you.

Solves Israel’s controversies

[27.76] Surely this Qur’an declares to the children of Israel most of what they differ in.
[27.77] And most surely it is a guidance and a mercy for the believers.

God/Allah is Witness

[6.19] Say: What thing is the weightiest in testimony? Say: Allah is witness between you and me; and this Qur’an has been revealed to me that with it I may warn you and whomsoever it reaches. Do you really bear witness that there are other gods with Allah? Say: I do not bear witness. Say: He is only one God, and surely I am clear of that which you set up (with Him).

(Winston Churchill)
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Sep 15, 2015 - 4:34AM #386
Ibn

Religion

(“Deen” in Arabic)

according to the Message of the Qur'an

Islam: Common assumption that it is name of another religion or it is a new religion is not correct. In reality, islam (in Arabic) is action of submitting to God by obeying His Commands. To express it as noun (name), one has to say “Al Islam”. Therefore, islam (action of obeying God) has been the only religion ordained by God for mankind from the outset. Creation of Adam, being commanded not to go near a certain tree, and Adam disobeying God, is evidence of man being required to obey God’s Commands from the outset of mankind.

Obeying God is fundamental in any act of devotion in ordained religion. Obeying God is Islam (in Arabic), the only religion (deen, way, path) ordained by God.   

[3.19] Surely the (true) religion with Allah is Islam, and those to whom the Book had been given did not show opposition but after knowledge had come to them, out of envy among themselves; and whoever disbelieves in the verses of Allah then surely Allah is quick in reckoning.

[3.20] But if they dispute with you, say: I have submitted myself entirely to Allah and (so) everyone who follows me; and say to those who have been given the Book and the unlearned people: Do you submit yourselves (to God)? So if they submit then indeed they follow the right way; and if they turn back, then upon you is only the delivery of the message and Allah sees the servants.

[4.125] And who has a better religion than he who submits himself entirely to Allah? And he is the doer of good (to others) and follows the faith of Abraham, the upright one, and Allah took Abraham as a friend.

The above verses show that the only religion for mankind ordained by God is obeying His Commands, in the verses revealed from Him as Message through the Messengers of God. The verse 3:20 does not require anyone to submit to Muhammad but to God (Allah) by obeying the Commands in the Message from God, delivered by Messenger Muhammad. Even the Messenger had to submit to the Commands in the Message so that his followers can see in practice how the Commands are obeyed.

[3.83] Is it then other than Allah's religion that they seek (to follow), and to Him submits whoever is in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, and to Him shall they be returned.

“Muslim” is not someone who merely proclaims that he is Muslim. A Muslim is someone who submits (practically) to God by obeying His Commands. One of the ways of submitting to God is serving the purpose for which a thing (living or otherwise) is created. Anything or anyone in the heavens and earth serving this purpose is technically “muslim”, and is obeying God.

[3.84] Say: We believe in Allah and what has been revealed to us, and what was revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and what was given to Moses and Jesus and to the prophets from their Lord; we do not make any distinction between any of them, and to Him do we submit.

To obey God, one has to first “believe” (have faith) that the Command (in a verse) is from God. Anyone who has faith, and believes in any verse from God, is a Momin (Arabic word for believer). Without acceptance of this primary condition in religion, one would not be able to obey (submit to) God and thus be unable to be Muslim in practice. Many assume to be Muslims (without obeying God) but a Muslim is only someone who obeys God practically after believing that the Command is from God. This is why emphasis in the verse 3:84 (above) is on believing all that was revealed from God and submitting to God.

[3.85] And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.

Islam here does not mean a new religion but “Submission” in terms “self surrender” and “submitting to God” by obeying God rather than obeying one’s “Self”. All those who commit sins are obeying their “Self” and are submitting to their own desires and wishes which are not according to the Will of God.

Perfected

[5.3] Forbidden to you is that which dies of itself, and blood, and flesh of swine, and that on which any other name than that of Allah has been invoked, and the strangled (animal) and that beaten to death, and that killed by a fall and that killed by being smitten with the horn, and that which wild beasts have eaten, except what you slaughter, and what is sacrificed on stones set up (for idols) and that you divide by the arrows; that is a transgression. This day have those who disbelieve despaired of your religion, so fear them not, and fear Me. This day have I perfected for you your religion and completed My favor on you and chosen for you Islam as a religion; but whoever is compelled by hunger, not inclining willfully to sin, then surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

This is the last verse of the Qur’an in which any law was revealed to be obeyed. It completes the favor on us and perfects the illumination of the way for us to walk on during our life on earth. Walking on the illuminated way (by obeying God) is deen of Islam.

Standard religion

[30.30] Then set your face upright for religion in the right state-- the nature made by Allah in which He has made men; there is no altering of Allah's creation; that is the right religion, but most people do not know—

[2.30] And when your Lord said to the angels, I am going to place in the earth a vicegerent, they said: What! Wilt Thou place in it such as shall make mischief in it and shed blood, and we celebrate Thy praise and extol Thy holiness? He said: Surely I know what you do not know.

The angels knew that the purpose of their creation was to praise God and extol His holiness by obeying Him and worshipping Him. God was clearly expressing His Will to create man as His vicegerent (deputy/caliph) on earth who would work under the authority of God. Working under the authority of God simply means obeying Commands from this Authority. A deputy/vicegerent is always required to obey the higher authority of which he is deputy/vicegerent. Obeying Commands from God, therefore, is standard religion from God from the outset of creation of man.

[42.13] He has made plain to you of the religion what He enjoined upon Noah and that which We have revealed to you and that which We enjoined upon Abraham and Moses and Jesus that keep to obedience and be not divided therein; hard to the unbelievers is that which you call them to; Allah chooses for Himself whom He pleases, and guides to Himself him who turns (to Him), frequently.

Once again, obedience to God is the standard religion as described in the above verses of the Qur’an.

Right way

[2.186] And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way.

[24.46] Certainly We have revealed clear verses, and made things manifest. Allah guides whom He pleases to the right way.

[36.60] Did I not charge you, O children of Adam, that you should not serve the Shaitan? Surely he is your open enemy,

[36.61] And that you should serve Me; this is the right way.

[6.153] And this is My path, the right one therefore follow it, and follow not (other) ways, for they will lead you away from His way; this He has enjoined you with that you may be righteous.

Serving God is simply obeying God by submitting to His Will. This is what Islam as a deen (religion) from God is all about.

[2.256] There is no compulsion in religion; truly the right way has become clearly distinct from error; therefore, whoever disbelieves in the Shaitan and believes in Allah he indeed has laid hold on the firmest handle, which shall not break off, and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.

There is no compulsion in religion. It means, neither Muslims should compel non-muslims nor non-muslims should compel Muslims to change their religion. The right way has been made clear and it is up to everyone to decide on which way s/he wants to walk.

(Winston Churchill)
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Sep 16, 2015 - 5:34AM #387
Ibn

Muhammad

(According to the Message of the Qur’an)

[33.40] Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Messenger of Allah and the Last of the prophets; and Allah is cognizant of all things.

[4.170] O people! Surely the Messenger has come to you with the truth from your Lord, therefore believe, (it shall be) good for you, and If you disbelieve then surely whatever is in the heavens and the earth is Allah's; and Allah is Knowing, Wise.

[47.2] And (as for) those who believe and do good, and believe in what has been revealed to Muhammad, and it is the very truth from their Lord, He will remove their evil from them and improve their condition.

Messenger to mankind

[34.28] And We have not sent you but to the mankind as a bearer of good news and as a warner, but most of the mankind do not know.

No more than a messenger

[3.144] And Muhammad is no more than a messenger; the messengers have already passed away before him; if then he dies or is killed will you turn back upon your heels? And whoever turns back upon his heels, he will by no means do harm to Allah in the least and Allah will reward the grateful.

Brought Message as revealed

10.15] And when Our clear verses are recited to them, those who hope not for Our meeting say: Bring a Qur’an other than this or change it. Say: It does not beseem me that I should change it of myself; I follow naught but what is revealed to me; surely I fear, if I disobey my Lord, the punishment of a mighty day.

[10.16] Say: If Allah had desired (otherwise) I would not have recited it to you, nor would He have taught it to you; indeed I have lived a lifetime among you before it; do you not then understand?

Asked for no reward for delivering the Message

[25.57] Say: I do not ask you aught in return except that he who will, may take the way to his Lord.

Messenger Muhammad (pbuh) wasn't asking anyone to reward him for delivering the Message. All he was asking people (through the Message) to take the way to their Lord.

[34.47] Say: Whatever reward I have asked of you, that is only for yourselves; my reward is only with Allah, and He is a witness of all things.

[38.86] Say: I do not ask you for any reward for it; nor am I of those who pretend.

Leading from darkness to light

[65.11] A messenger who recites to you the clear verses of Allah so that he may bring forth those who believe and do good deeds from darkness into light; and whoever believes in Allah and does good deeds, He will cause him to enter gardens beneath which rivers now, to abide therein forever, Allah has indeed given him a goodly sustenance.

Fealty to him is fealty to God

[48.18] Certainly Allah was well pleased with the believers when they pledged allegiance to you under the tree, and He knew what was in their hearts, so He sent down tranquility on them and rewarded them with a speedy victory,

[48.10] Indeed, those who pledge allegiance to you, [O Messenger] - they are actually pledging allegiance to Allah . The hand of Allah is over their hands. So he who breaks his word only breaks it to the detriment of himself. and whoever fulfills what he has covenanted with Allah, He will grant him a mighty reward.

Here, it does not mean that Muhammad is Allah but just as accepting the Message delivered by Muhammad is accepting the Message from Allah, and obeying any Command in the Message delivered by the Messenger is obeying Allah as well as the Messenger, pledging allegiance to the Messenger of Allah is pledging allegiance to Allah Who had sent him.  

Obeying God and Obeying the Messenger

[5.92] And obey Allah and obey the Messenger and be careful; but if you turn back then know that only a clear deliverance of the Message is (incumbent) on Our messenger.

[64.12] And obey Allah and obey the Messenger, but if you turn back, then upon Our messenger devolves only the clear delivery (of the message).

[4.80] Whoever obeys the Messenger, he indeed obeys Allah, and whoever turns back, so We have not sent you as a keeper over them.

In each of the above verses, it is "obeying Allah and the Messenger". The verse 4:80 says that obeying the Messenger (it does not say obey Muhammad but the Messenger) is obeying Allah. This clearly means that both Allah and the Messenger are obeyed at the same time when obeying any commands in the Message from Allah and delivered by the Messenger.

Reference to "turning back" clarifies that unbelievers were turning back when the Messenger was delivering the Message from Allah. Those who believed the Message were not turning back and were obeying the commands in the Message, thus obeying Allah and the Messenger.

[24.52] And he who obeys Allah and His Messenger, and fears Allah, and is careful of (his duty to) Him (Allah), these it is that are the achievers.

Once again, in this verse, reference to fearing and being careful of one's duty to Allah is complying with the commands in the Message from Allah but it is referred to as obeying both Allah and His Messenger (who delivered it). Obeying commands in the Message is obeying Allah and his Messenger.

His mission

[7.158] Say: O people! Surely I am the Messenger of Allah to you all, of Him Whose is the kingdom of the heavens and the earth there is no god but He; He brings to life and causes to die therefore believe in Allah and His messenger, the Ummi Prophet who believes in Allah and His words, and follow him so that you may walk in the right way.

[48.8] Surely We have sent you as a witness and as a bearer of good news and as a warner.

His duty

[27.91] I am commanded only that I should serve the Lord of this city, Who has made it sacred, and His are all things; and I am commanded that I should be of these who submit;

[27.92] And that I should recite the Qur’an. Therefore whoever goes aright, he goes aright for his own soul, and whoever goes astray, then say: I am only one of the warners.

Even Muhammad was required to submit to Allah. He was required to recite the Qur'an. The guidance and warnings are in the Qur'an.

[61.9] It is He (Allah) who has sent His Messenger with the guidance and the religion of truth, that he may uplift it above every (false) religion, though the polytheists be averse.

Religion of truth is not from Muhammad himself but from Allah.

Exalted standard of character

[68.4] And most surely you conform (yourself) to sublime morality.

Muhammad was chosen to be Messenger because of his character of conforming to sublime morality before he was sent any Message. Even his later enemies used to trust him because of his honesty.

(Winston Churchill)
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Sep 18, 2015 - 4:37AM #388
Ibn

GOD (ALLAH in Arabic)

(According to the Message of the Qur’an)

Muslims worship the same God as worshipped by Abraham, Moses and Jesus before Muhammad (peace be upon them all).

[29.46] And do not dispute with the followers of the Book except by what is best, except those of them who act unjustly, and say: We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you, and our God and your God is One, and to Him do we submit.

[112:1] Say: He, Allah, is One.
[112:2] Allah is He on Whom all depend.
[112:3] He begets not, nor is He begotten.
[112:4] And none is like Him.

“One” here simply means there is no other god except God (Allah).

“None is like Him” means that God’s essence is not like anything known to man. Therefore, no man can describe essence of God:

[6.103] Vision comprehends Him not, and He comprehends (all) vision; and He is the Knower of subtleties, the Aware.

God is known only by His attributes rather than by His essence. He can be described only by His attributes as revealed to man.

The KING, the HOLY, the GUARDIAN, the MIGHTY, the SUPREME, the Possessor of greatest GLORY

[59.23] He is Allah, besides Whom there is no god; the King, the Holy, the Giver of peace, the Granter of security, Guardian over all, the Mighty, the Supreme, the Possessor of every greatness Glory be to Allah from what they set up (with Him).

I hope to include attributes of God, as revealed through the Qur'an, in this post gradually. For example:

LORD

[1:1] All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds.

[6:164] Say: What! Shall I seek a Lord other than Allah? And He is the Lord of all things; and no soul earns (evil) but against itself, and no bearer of burden shall bear the burden of another; then to your Lord is your return, so He will inform you of that in which you differed.

[2:21] O people! Serve your Lord Who created you and those before you so that you may be righteous.

[40.15] Possessor of the highest rank, Lord of power: He makes the inspiration to light by His command upon whom He pleases of His servants, that he may warn (people) of the day of meeting.

[85.15] Lord of the Throne, the Glorious.

[51.58] Surely Allah is the Bestower of sustenance, the Lord of Power, the Strong.

[55.17] Lord of the East and Lord of the West.

[73.9] The Lord of the East and the West-- there is no god but He-- therefore take Him for a protector.

[43.82] Glory to the Lord of the heavens and the earth, the Lord of power, from what they describe.

CREATOR (WHO CREATED)

“He begets not nor is He begotten” in the Qur'an 112:3 means He has no biological sons or daughters as known to human beings. He is also not begotten. He is an uncreated Creator:

[6.102] That is Allah, your Lord, there is no god but He; the Creator of all things, therefore serve Him, and He has charge of all things.

[59.24] He is Allah the Creator, the Maker, the Fashioner; His are the most excellent names; whatever is in the heavens and the earth declares His glory; and He is the Mighty, the Wise.

[6.1] All praise is due to Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth and made the darkness and the light; yet those who disbelieve set up equals with their Lord.

[10.3] Surely your Lord is Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth in six periods, and He is firm in power, regulating the affair, there is no intercessor except aher His permission; this is Allah, your Lord, therefore serve Him; will you not then mind?

[16.70] And Allah has created you, then He causes you to die, and of you is he who is brought back to the worst part of life, so that after having knowledge he does not know anything; surely Allah is Knowing, Powerful.

[17.99] Do they not consider that Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth, is able to create their like, and He has appointed for them a doom about which there is no doubt? But the unjust do not consent to aught but denying.

[19.9] He said: So shall it be, your Lord says: It is easy to Me, and indeed I created you before, when you were nothing.

[19.67] Does not man remember that We created him before, when he was nothing?

[24.45] And Allah has created from water every living creature: so of them is that which walks upon its belly, and of them is that which walks upon two feet, and of them is that which walks upon four; Allah creates what He pleases; surely Allah has power over all things.

[30.54] Allah is He Who created you from a state of weakness then He gave strength after weakness, then ordained weakness and hoary hair after strength; He creates what He pleases, and He is the Knowing, the Powerful.

[46.33] Have they not considered that Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth and was not tired by their creation, is able to give life to the dead? Aye! He has surely power over all things.

The BENEFICENT (Rahman) and the MERCIFUL

[1:2] The Beneficent, the Merciful.

[2.163] And your God is one God! There is no god but He; He is the Beneficent, the Merciful.

MALIK (Master/Owner)

[1:3] Master of the Day of Judgment.

[82.18] Again, what will make you realize what the Day of judgment Is?

[82.19] The Day on which no soul shall control anything for (another) soul; and the command on that Day shall be entirely Allah's.

(Winston Churchill)
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Sep 20, 2015 - 5:17PM #389
Ibn

For the rest of Allah's attributes, 99 names of Allah, actually His attributes, is the best starting point.

(Winston Churchill)
Quick Reply
Cancel
12 months ago  ::  Oct 11, 2015 - 6:25PM #390
Ibn

Sunnah of the Prophet

This is often misinterpreted and misunderstood subject in even Muslim communities. “Sunnah” of Allah (SWT) is mentioned in the Qur’an but not of the Prophet.

Sunnatullah in the Qur’an is a usual practice of Allah under certain given situation. It is Allah’s judgment on this earth that never changes with the passage of time.

Sunnah of the Prophet is also Prophet’s practice but not whatever he did in his life but the way he had obeyed his Allah. His practice is always linked intrinsically with a command/hukm/instruction/order in the Qur’an.

There is no sunnah of the Prophet separate from the Qur’an.

Of all the commands/instructions/orders in the Qur’an, there are two kind of orders. (1) To all the believers (including the Prophet) and (2) to only the Prophet to obey. The latter orders do not apply to the believers at large and, therefore, are not for others to copy. Such practice of obeying God is not Sunnah of the Prophet for the believers at large to follow. Other practices of the Prophet that have no relation to the Qur’an such as living in Makkah and Madina or wearing Arab dress is not Sunnah of the Prophet that everyone else should follow.

The real Sunnah of the Prophet that we must follow is the way Prophet obeyed (in practice) any order that is in the Qur’an and is for all believers (including the Prophet). For this reason, Sunnah of the Prophet is intrinsically linked to the Qur’an.

Many people have wrongly assumed that EVERYTHING that the Prophet had done is Sunnah of the Prophet.  

(Winston Churchill)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 39 of 39  •  Prev 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook