Page 1 of 26  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 26 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Locked: AP - Breaking News - Bible Was Written By Man!
3 years ago  ::  Aug 12, 2011 - 10:18AM #1
Druac
hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/ML_ISRAE...

Wow...so-called "Bible Scholars" are JUST now figuring this out!?!?!? ROFL...AND it took 53 years! LOL

Scholars in this out-of-the-way corner of the Hebrew
University campus have been quietly at work for 53 years on one of the most
ambitious projects attempted in biblical studies - publishing the authoritative
edition of the Old Testament, also known as the Hebrew Bible, and tracking every
single evolution of the text over centuries and millennia.

And it has evolved, despite deeply held beliefs to the
contrary.

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 12, 2011 - 10:26AM #2
mecdukebec

The Biblical text has been endlessly doctored; just ask a fundagelical who insists that St-Paul says that womenfolk can't speak in church--then point out the inserted material by a later hand that says that women can't speak in church, but in the previous verses Paul said that women can speak in church.  They will get flustered, hyper-ventilate, and have no answer, whatsoever. 

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 12, 2011 - 12:23PM #3
Roodog

Of course it was written by men:

Moses, David, Solomon, The major and minor Prophets, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, Peter, James and Paul.  I have no quarrel with the who.

I stand with Jewish and Christian tradition on the how. They were moved by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 12, 2011 - 1:27PM #4
voice-crying

Aug 12, 2011 -- 12:23PM, Roodog wrote:

Of course it was written by men:

Moses, David, Solomon, The major and minor Prophets, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, Peter, James and Paul.  I have no quarrel with the who.

I stand with Jewish and Christian tradition on the how. They were moved by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

That's a great comeback!!!  Amen...Amen.

"All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" 2Timothy 3:16

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 12, 2011 - 1:43PM #5
Ur2

Who else would it have been written by? Maybe the earliest forms of life here? Aliens from other planets maybe?

If the Liberals/pseudo/proto/neo atheists would quit worrying themselves with "tidy facts" and concern themselves more with what Jesus said as the good news for mankind, we'd be a lot farther along in every aspect of ourselves and our survival.

I can just imagine God and Moses sitting under a tree somewhere 4,000 years ago discussing the Big Bang and Quantum Physics. Chapter one of Genesis would have been a transcript three blocks long.

Get over it...

Thanx,

Ur2

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.

"Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except it ain't so."
Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 12, 2011 - 1:46PM #6
watcher59

Aug 12, 2011 -- 10:18AM, Druac wrote:

hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/ML_ISRAE...

Wow...so-called "Bible Scholars" are JUST now figuring this out!?!?!? ROFL...AND it took 53 years! LOL

Scholars in this out-of-the-way corner of the Hebrew
University campus have been quietly at work for 53 years on one of the most
ambitious projects attempted in biblical studies - publishing the authoritative
edition of the Old Testament, also known as the Hebrew Bible, and tracking every
single evolution of the text over centuries and millennia.

And it has evolved, despite deeply held beliefs to the
contrary.

Now, that's funny. I don't care who ya are.

How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 12, 2011 - 2:00PM #7
Roodog

Naaawwwww......

The Old Testament were written by Reptlians, the Apocrypha by the Insectoids and the New Testament were written by the Greys.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 12, 2011 - 2:09PM #8
Wanderingal

Aug 12, 2011 -- 1:43PM, Ur2 wrote:

If the Liberals/pseudo/proto/neo atheists would quit worrying themselves with "tidy facts" and concern themselves more with what Jesus said as the good news for mankind, we'd be a lot farther along in every aspect of ourselves and our survival.

Maybe if the R/TPers would pay more attention to what Jesus said they wouldn't constantly be saying "NO! NO! NO!" to every program that HELPS their fellow human beings--like Healthcare for people without insurance and healthcare clinics for WOMEN etc....

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 12, 2011 - 2:14PM #9
Roodog

Aug 12, 2011 -- 2:09PM, Wanderingal wrote:

Aug 12, 2011 -- 1:43PM, Ur2 wrote:

Maybe if the R/TPers would pay more attention to what Jesus said they wouldn't constantly be saying "NO! NO! NO!" to every program that HELPS their fellow human beings--like Healthcare for people without insurance and healthcare clinics for WOMEN etc....

You need to follow your own rules and stick with the subject of the thread.

St. Thomas Aquinas

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 12, 2011 - 2:17PM #10
Ur2

wg,

Maybe you're confused about what this discussion is about.

What theological advice based upon any religion might you know of would solve the problems you're relating to?

Maybe the non-theologians, et al: Liberals/pseudo/proto/neo atheists have a better idea beyond Non-Accountibility for their actions?

It's great giving away money and it makes the Giver feel good about themselves, but when will the huge cases of outright Fraud be addressed? You DO recognize the huge amount of Fraud your Big Hearts have created? Yes?

When will you do something about it instead of typing in the usual mindnumbing innuendos your side lives by?

Thanx,

Ur2 

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.

"Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except it ain't so."
Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 26  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 26 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook