Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View I love the Bible teachings.....
3 years ago  ::  Jul 13, 2011 - 12:31PM #1
Lookbeyond

James 1:5-6 is one of my favorite scriptures. "If any of you lack wisdom let him ask of God,that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driver with the wind and tossed...."

There are so many different beliefs in the world today and so much confusion within Christianity, I find it necessary to put my trust in God to lead me to find the truth.

Ephesians 4:11-14 is another scripture I have used in seeking understanding of The Church of Jesus Christ.....apostles and prophets until we all come in the unity of the faith!

Wow, this is a powerful scripture to me....the need for apostles and prophets is real in today's confusion, that we might "henceforth be no more children tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;..."

Matt. 5:48 "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father in Heaven is perfect." Wow! This tells me I can be like my Father....if He is my Father, then that says my potential is limitless! This is a wonderful thought to ponder about the dignity and origin of mankind! 

I love the scriptures and find much peace as I read them, and hope for the future. God lives and is in control and will have the last word when this life is over. His Son will be judge over all the world and we will each give an accounting of our deeds and actions in this life.

Lookbeyond

July 13, 2011 
3:25 PM

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 13, 2011 - 1:00PM #2
Iwantamotto

Wow, this is a powerful scripture to me....the need for apostles and prophets is real in today's confusion, that we might "henceforth be no more children tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;..."

Agreed ... but by relying on others, you basically set yourself up to have your chain yanked by "cunning" men.

It just seems to conflict with:

I find it necessary to put my trust in God to lead me to find the truth

Matt. 5:48 "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father in Heaven is perfect." Wow! This tells me I can be like my Father....if He is my Father, then that says my potential is limitless! This is a wonderful thought to ponder about the dignity and origin of mankind!

Here is where a nice-enough thought ultimately fails:  we are NOT God.  We will never be omni-omni deities.  We are intelligent (mostly, LOL) primates with our own issues due to our mortal existence on this planet.  To tell us to be like God (which is actually the OPPOSITE moral given by a lot of the OT) is to ask something completely irrational and unrealistic.

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2012 - 12:15PM #3
theMadJW

Where have you two, and the others, gone?

Does Numbchucks rule this site?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2012 - 1:54AM #4
Namchuck

Jan 16, 2012 -- 12:15PM, theMadJW wrote:

Is rudeness, along with lying and bearing false witness, also a Christian virtue, or is it specific to JW's?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2012 - 4:34PM #5
theMadJW

No- but you've EARNED it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2012 - 8:34PM #6
Annie_alive

What is the purpose of this post?   I have noticed you make similar remarks on your own threads, against a particular poster in those threads.  Before this post he hadn't commented here.   I'm just wondering, do you rule this forum?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2012 - 1:44AM #7
Namchuck

Jan 17, 2012 -- 4:34PM, theMadJW wrote:

No- but you've EARNED it.

Read with humility what Annie_Alive says below.

If anybody here has earned being treated rudely, it is you forbearing false witness and making mendacious claims. Again, while you have earned it, no one here as yet treated you rudely.

Aren't you Christians supposed to abide by a higher standard of behavior?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2012 - 3:52AM #8
Annie_alive

Jan 18, 2012 -- 1:44AM, Namchuck wrote:

Read with humility what Annie_Alive says below.

No humility please, namchuck :).  That post was just plain WRONG.

Aren't you Christians supposed to abide by a higher standard of behavior?

Most christians I've known have been regular decent people, who treat others with basic respect.   Some are positively awesome people too, as are some non-christians.   But, occasionally, you come across one whose religiosity leads them to believe they are of a higher standard than other people, and therefore could not even consider that any behaviour they exhibit might be less than righteous.   Thankfully, they are rare.   Just sayin', you know :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2012 - 11:04AM #9
theMadJW

Jan 17, 2012 -- 8:34PM, Annie_alive wrote:

What is the purpose of this post?   I have noticed you make similar remarks on your own threads, against a particular poster in those threads.  Before this post he hadn't commented here.   I'm just wondering, do you rule this forum?

Mad: LOVE your humor, Annie! He was the only one replying for a couple days, and made known his biased opinion @ the Bible, and told him I wished to talk to Bible believers- he kept plugging away, and refused to give any evidence for his opinion. I'm rather tactless, but mean well; I just let him know I did not care to listen to his drivel...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2012 - 11:06AM #10
theMadJW

To me, the BIGGESTVproof the Bible is inspired of God is it's Unequalled Wisdom.

When followed it enriches your Life beyond anything man can offer.

After thousands of years of society changing, it's advice is JUST as valuable now as then!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook