Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View I love the Bible teachings.....
2 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2012 - 3:24AM #21
Namchuck

Mar 16, 2012 -- 4:23PM, Lookbeyond wrote:

Is the Bible historically reliable? Yes and No! Many plain and precious truths have been lost over the years of many translations and versions of the Bible. The Vulgate; The King James; The Catholic; The New World Version etc. All have merit but should, in my opinion, be used with the wisdom of research principles.

The law of witness should be applied in trying to determine the historical reliablility of the writings. It has been said, "out of the mouths of two or three witnesses shall the truth be established." In our courts of law this is a common acceptance, supported by evidence of fact.

John 10:16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold, them also shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold; and one shepherd.

In Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime, were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

If there are "other sheep not of this fold" it would seem logical that they too would write, not unlike, those writers of those records preserved and what are now called "The Bible" for our benefit and hope.

Ezekiel 37:15-6-20 Tells of writing upon "sticks"....one for Judah, known today as the Bible and one for the "Stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim"....and that these two sticks appearing to represent two divided Nations, would be united by the records of the people of these two Nations being joined as "one" Nation. Two witnesses established here from two different Nations.

The Stick of Judah represents the Bible, and is represented by 66 Books written anciently.

The Stick of Joseph, whose history was written by those sent to  the American continent...it's record beginning 600 years B.C. and concluding around 421 A.D.  It contains the writings of the prophets during that time period. Lehi, who was commanded by the Lord to take his family and leave Jerusalem prior to it's destruction, records their departure and many of the challenges they faced in following the Lord's command. He tells of sending his sons back to Jerusalem to retrieve the Brass Plates from Laban, that the history of his people would not be lost.

The author of Ezekiel hadn't the foggiest notion of the existence of the Americian continent, let alone was prophesying of any "writings" composed there.

It is just these very kind of unjustified and insupportable claims that bring the Bible into disrepute and ridicule.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook