Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2011 - 3:40PM #1
holylife

Many people living in this world wonder why a loving God allows horrible incidents like New Orleans, Haiti, Japan, 9-11, Pacific Rim Earthquakes, in the world facing humankind.  The answer is found in Genesis Chapter 6:

5      And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6     And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7     And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Yes, he is a loving God.  However, humankind must stop mocking Him.  It does not take a PhD to understand how God is mocked, on a daily basis, by the wickedness of man.  Genesis may be a book of the Old Testament.  You may be under the impression that the New Testament makes Genesis obsolete.  People of faith know better.  The New just enhances the Old.  Until the wickedness of men stop mocking the Lord, expect additional events similar to Japan, Haiti, 9 -11, and New Orleans.

Recall the golden calf incident. Moses was receiving the Commandents from God.  Only to have the tribes construct a golden calf to worship.  When he came down from the mountans and found out what they were doing  he was furious. Read the story in the Bible.

Just like the guy who tris to predict the "End of the World".  This is another example of mocking God.  Only God knows these things and He don't share them with the human race. The wickedness of man caused another disaster reminder in Missouri.  Will man ever stop mocking God? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2011 - 3:49PM #2
Mathonwy

I disagree with this whole-heartedly.  I make no assumptions about disasters happening on earth as being the result of some sort of vengeful godhead punishing his creations for a perceive affront to his precepts.  Natural disasters happen because that's the way of the world we live in.  As Jesus himself said in the gospel of Matthew, "God makes the sun to rise on the wicked and the just."  The fact that people are killed in natural disasters has nothing to do with their relationship to the Divine.  Shouldn't the story of Job tell you that?  You seem to be a Christian, so I'm drawing from your own faith here to show you the flaw in your supposition.

Loving your god will not protect you from the possibility of an ignoble death, and spurning your god will not guarantee a timely punishment from god either.  How awful that you think so little of your god and assert that he has no mercy and that he kills innocent people for the wickedness of others.  What a pessimistic view of the Divine...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2011 - 4:01PM #3
holylife

Your post is another example of a human mocking God.  It sounds like something from science fiction.  Go back and read the book of Genesis.  Also, read the Commandents once more. God is easy to anger.  He dose not want to be mocked.  He will continue to remind man of this fact.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2011 - 4:08PM #4
Mathonwy

I'm mocking god by asserting that he is merciful?  That must be a joke.  For every verse you can tell me about from your Bible that demonstrates god's wrath, I can find you another that demonstrates his mercy (two of which you conveniently just ignored, namely the Book of Job and Jesus' sermon on the mount from Matthew).  So, which is it going to be, or do you mean to say that your god is a moody god that is sometimes merciful and sometimes wrathful?

Since even the most horrible people in the world sometimes die peacefully in their beds at the age of 105, I suppose I shouldn't feel too concerned even if I am mocking your god, should I?  Indeed, the innocent 3 year old who dies in an earthquake might have just as much to worry about your god's wrath, wouldn't she?  Your argument is absurdist.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2011 - 5:07PM #5
withwonderingawe

May 23, 2011 -- 3:49PM, Mathonwy wrote:

I disagree with this whole-heartedly.  I make no assumptions about disasters happening on earth as being the result of some sort of vengeful godhead punishing his creations for a perceive affront to his precepts.  Natural disasters happen because that's the way of the world we live in.  As Jesus himself said in the gospel of Matthew, "God makes the sun to rise on the wicked and the just."  The fact that people are killed in natural disasters has nothing to do with their relationship to the Divine.  Shouldn't the story of Job tell you that?  You seem to be a Christian, so I'm drawing from your own faith here to show you the flaw in your supposition.

Loving your god will not protect you from the possibility of an ignoble death, and spurning your god will not guarantee a timely punishment from god either.  How awful that you think so little of your god and assert that he has no mercy and that he kills innocent people for the wickedness of others.  What a pessimistic view of the Divine...

Amen! 

Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2011 - 9:38PM #6
holylife

God , in Genesis 6 tells us in His own words.

5      And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6     And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7     And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Yes, he is a loving God.  However, in His own words, He, not me,  saw the wickedness of man. You want to point out the Book of Job and Jesus Sermon on the Mount to argue your position. Remember, Genesis was the FIRST Book of the Bible. God speaks in the first person in 5,6, and 7.  If you want to ignor His WORD, so be it.  You believe what makes you comfortable in your spiritual life.  I believe what my God tells me in Genesis, Chapter 6.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2011 - 10:21PM #7
Iwantamotto

holylife:  5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

This kind of argument was presented in Job (and Jesus also brung it up), and was protested AGAINST.  Bad things happen to good people.  You don't seriously believe all those wealthy business people and politicans are all saints, do you?

However, humankind must stop mocking Him.

If you had decent reading abilities, you'd realize this doesn't happen as much as you imply.  What MOST mocking entails is ridiculing MAN-MADE judgements about God, not God Himself.  Learn the difference.

Recall the golden calf incident. Moses was receiving the Commandents from God.  Only to have the tribes construct a golden calf to worship.  When he came down from the mountans and found out what they were doing  he was furious. Read the story in the Bible.

You know how a God can cure faithlessness?  Helping those who are lost, not griping when they don't find their way.  Spirituality CAN be more than the reasoning capacity of a 3-year-old.

God is easy to anger.

I'm pretty sure there's a verse that states the exact opposite.

7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Don't you just love people who never read the entire story?  He not only SAVED an entire family for the repopulation of the planet (if He hated us so bad, why not ACTUALLY wipe us off the face of the planet instead of USING existing lifeforms to restart it?), but chose someone who celebrated his survival by getting drunk as a skunk and cursing some grandkid 'cause his son walked in on him naked.  Yeah, now THERE'S a powerful role model for the repopulated humanity....

Remember, Genesis was the FIRST Book of the Bible.

No, it's PUT in the first slot because the contents are first chronologically, but it wasn't WRITTEN first.  And even if you poo-poo the document hypothesis, the tradition says MOSES wrote it, and ... I am pretty sure this will seem obvious to someone with an IQ over 4 ... MOSES LIVED AFTER THE EVENTS IN GENESIS.

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2011 - 10:45PM #8
holylife

God gave man a freewill.  You can believe anyway that will make you confortable.  You can express all of the opinions you wish.  The nice part is; we don't have to buy them.  The tone of your post is of a negative nature.  You are not a happy person.  God Bless You!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 27, 2011 - 5:24AM #9
Mathonwy

If his/her tone is negative it's probably because of the special kind of outrage a post like yours causes amongst the faithful (and even the faithless, for that matter).  If mocking god truly is the cause of god's wrath, then kindly explain what the 4 year old girl who gets repeatedly raped by a male relative did to mock god, and also explain what the wealthy national leaders who commit human rights violations on a daily basis did to honor god so much that they are still rich and powerful.  Maybe god loves human rights violations so much that such leaders are blessed with prosperity in life, and maybe god is so misogynistic that little girls deserve to be raped... is that the kind of thing you're suggesting?  Because, quite obviously, your rewards-and-punishments approach to human life is flawed.

"He maketh the sun to rise on both the good and the wicked."  Those were Jesus' own words.

And you shouldn't judge people for their righteous indignation.  People probably should get angry when they hear people like you preach.  That only shows that their sense of righteousness.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 27, 2011 - 6:15AM #10
Peter_d_roman

i agree with your view to a limited point- everything devastation that  happens to human kind dose so with Our Fathers Awareness and at least tasscid approval.

however i do not believe mocking as you put done in the way that you did  has a thing to do with those events.

rather i believe they are more akin to a person / a community " walking naked in a rain storm and then wondering why they are now wet.

in this case there nakedness's is there wrongheaded faith in a human artifact that they have elevated to level of an idol -there bible- as they give onto it faithful and loving service each day calling it " gods word", as Gods True Living Word gets lip servcie and worse.

... and the storms are the natural fruit of that free will choice to call something its not as that that IS is ignored and mocked in the doing.

Yahweh IS NOT mocked and no more shall His Living Word His Son Yesh'wa be mocked ether by folks giving greater living faith and active love to a lifeless book over He and His Ordinances.

>p

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook