Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
Switch to Forum Live View Problems with 1 Corinthians: Male Chauvinism
4 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2011 - 6:38AM #41
Dennis

I'll make my sentences short. You might understand. You said 1 Cor. 14 was not mentioned in the creeds. I showed where it was. Now, you ask a silly question.

It makes no difference what I think of the unholy church. This is a specific thread on a specific subject. I have showed the verses to be probable interpolations. You are merely spilling bile. Read the quotes below. I apparently know more about the creeds and the updating by Cardinal Ratzinger (of late, the pope) than do you. But that has been true of all subjects to date, so I understand your frustration.

Jan 4, 2011 -- 11:46AM, teilhard wrote:

Where in First Corinthians 14 does "Paul" mention, "The Holy Catholic Church" ... ???

(But anyway ... Who gives a 'rip' what YOU think about The Ecumenical Creeds, you who decribe Them as, " ... dog feces and maggots ... " ... ???

See: Revelation 21:15 ...

See ... Your Posts are  SO  FULL  of Ax-grinding, Ideology, and Vituperation ... Yet you IMAGINE that SERIOUS Persons, including SERIOUS Students -- such as I am -- will be FOOLED into taking your Junk Claims ... SERIOUSLY ... !!!)

Jan 4, 2011 -- 5:03AM, Dennis wrote:

Wrong about 1 Cor. 14... The verses in question are under Article 9: "I Believe in the Holy Catholic Church," and are footnoted in paragraph two, 752... I can't believe a Catholic wouldn't know that. I know it and I sure ain't a Catholic!

Of course you didn't understand what I wrote, which dealt with your "all or nothing" belief in ecumenical creeds. But, if one doesn't know the creeds...

Jan 3, 2011 -- 11:38AM, teilhard wrote:

ummmmm ... What the ... ???

The Verses under Question re: 1 Corinthians 14 aren't IN The Ecumenical Creeds, NOR is "Paul" ...

Jan 3, 2011 -- 8:11AM, Dennis wrote:

Of course, your "all or nothing error" weak attempt at dismissiveness has everything to do with things like believing the ecumenical creeds (it really relates to that!) and nothing to do with this thread or the probability, seen for years, that the 1 Cor. 14 verses in question, were inserted.

Jan 2, 2011 -- 7:51PM, teilhard wrote:

The Community certainly Gathered and Edited The Writings of Paul ...

Some Writings were ascribed to Paul in Error ... No doubt some were lumped/edited together ... Perhaps some were LOST ...

That does NOT mean that there was " ... not a specific Person named Paul ... " OR that ALL of his extant Writings were HEAVILY edited by The Community ...

hint, hint: GET  OVER  The All-or-Nothing Error ....

Jan 2, 2011 -- 5:29PM, Dennis wrote:

In other words, you accept the Paulines as a product of the community, not a specific person named "Paul." Okay. We are in agreement there.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2011 - 10:35AM #42
teilhard

You're kidding, right ... ???  Do you not remember having referred to The Ecumenical Creeds as, " ... dog feces and maggots ... " ... ???

Your VIRULENT Anti-Catholic Attitudes colour just about everything you Post in these "Discussions" ...

You REALLY expect "Christians" to take SERIOUSLY your odd CLAIM that you are "educating" them ... ???

(1) Yes, it DOES make a Difference ...

(2) No  ... YOU are doing that ... along with " ... Spleen venting ... "

Jan 5, 2011 -- 6:38AM, Dennis wrote:

(1) It makes no difference what I think of the unholy church.

(2) You are merely spilling bile.

Where in First Corinthians 14 does "Paul" mention, "The Holy Catholic Church" ... ???

(But anyway ... Who gives a 'rip' what YOU think about The Ecumenical Creeds, you who decribe Them as, " ... dog feces and maggots ... " ... ???

See ... Your Posts are  SO  FULL  of Ax-grinding, Ideology, and Vituperation ... Yet you IMAGINE that SERIOUS Persons, including SERIOUS Students -- such as I am -- will be FOOLED into taking your Junk Claims ... SERIOUSLY ... !!!)

Wrong about 1 Cor. 14... The verses in question are under Article 9: "I Believe in the Holy Catholic Church," and are footnoted in paragraph two, 752... I can't believe a Catholic wouldn't know that. I know it and I sure ain't a Catholic!

Of course you didn't understand what I wrote, which dealt with your "all or nothing" belief in ecumenical creeds. But, if one doesn't know the creeds...

The Verses under Question re: 1 Corinthians 14 aren't IN The Ecumenical Creeds, NOR is "Paul" ...

Of course, your "all or nothing error" weak attempt at dismissiveness has everything to do with things like believing the ecumenical creeds (it really relates to that!) and nothing to do with this thread or the probability, seen for years, that the 1 Cor. 14 verses in question, were inserted.

Some Writings were ascribed to Paul in Error ... No doubt some were lumped/edited together ... Perhaps some were LOST ...

That does NOT mean that there was " ... not a specific Person named Paul ... " OR that ALL of his extant Writings were HEAVILY edited by The Community ...

In other words, you accept the Paulines as a product of the community, not a specific person named "Paul." Okay. We are in agreement there.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2011 - 10:57AM #43
teilhard

LOL ... No ...

Neither Cardinal nor even any Pope has The Authority to "update" The Ecumenical Creeds ...

Where DO you get these bizarre Ideas ... ???

( hint: waaaaay back in 1054, The Western Church induced a Schism with The Eastern Orthodox Communion by unilaterally altering The Nicean Creed ... )

Jan 5, 2011 -- 6:38AM, Dennis wrote:

I apparently know more about the creeds and the updating by Cardinal Ratzinger (of late, the pope) than do you. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2011 - 7:01AM #44
Dennis

The catechism was updated by Ratzinger in 1994. This includes a look at the creeds in sections and updating the paragraphs explaining them. I would have thought a Catholic would know that.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2011 - 9:13AM #45
teilhard

Yes ... As a Catholic Christian I KNOW full well that "The Catechism" ISN'T an "Ecumenical Creed" ...

The Church DOES revise/update "The Catechism" regularly ... The Church does NOT revise or "update" The Ecumenical Creeds ... Again, see "1054 Schism" ...

Anyone who wishes to U-N-D-E-R-S-T-A-N-D The Christian Faith and The History of The Christian Tradition MUST learn to make such sensible NECESSARY  D-I-S-T-I-N-C-T-I-O-N-S ...

Jan 6, 2011 -- 7:01AM, Dennis wrote:

The catechism was updated by Ratzinger in 1994. This includes a look at the creeds in sections and updating the paragraphs explaining them. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 15, 2012 - 1:17PM #46
Son_of_Thunder

BTTT!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook