Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
Switch to Forum Live View The Book of Mormon once again;
4 years ago  ::  Feb 20, 2011 - 7:01PM #41
withwonderingawe

Welcome Uneva

Feb 19, 2011 -- 7:33PM, Uneva wrote:

No scholarly explanations, panel discussions, etc., will have the same personal, lasting effect.  True knowledge comes through a one-on-one experience with the Holy Spirit. 

And Amen

But I've waited a long time wishing someone would join me, I just can't carry this all by myself.  I would really apprecrate it if you would jump in with some thoughts and insight. 

Jude 2 two ya

Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 10:34AM #42
Pinkypink

with my chrisitian background with the bible in the old testament and new testament its been a blessing for me to have a personel testimony by the holy spirit that the bible is true.thru reading differant bible texts and reading the history of how the bible has been preserved thruought the centuries and at the same time certain versions and translations have been corrupted and polluted by men has only help me to understand the book of mormon better and know the book of mormon is also true as the same as the bible. the bible and book of mormon both have undergone much criticism from scholars as well as good criticism.the bible has external evidences such as the place where jesus was born in bethlehem and  other biblical places such as jerusalem,and the biblical evidences of moses and the ten commandments. the book of mormons evidences are obvouis if you really look at them for instance the great white God appeared to the indians which had differant names.the book called the new evidences of christ in the americas is a great excellent lds book to read that goes into the mesoamerican and aztecs and other societes. yes theres the 1830 edition of the book of mormon translation differant from today and ive read every ne of the texts and have seen differances but so has the bible gone thru many diferant versions and translations does that make the bible not the word of God? Certainly not. the bible is still the word of God just as the book of mormon  is the word of God.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 9:55PM #43
withwonderingawe

Jul 21, 2011 -- 10:34AM, Pinkypink wrote:

with my chrisitian background with the bible in the old testament and new testament its been a blessing for me to have a personel testimony by the holy spirit that the bible is true.thru reading differant bible texts and reading the history of how the bible has been preserved thruought the centuries and at the same time certain versions and translations have been corrupted and polluted by men has only help me to understand the book of mormon better and know the book of mormon is also true as the same as the bible. the bible and book of mormon both have undergone much criticism from scholars as well as good criticism.the bible has external evidences such as the place where jesus was born in bethlehem and  other biblical places such as jerusalem,and the biblical evidences of moses and the ten commandments. the book of mormons evidences are obvouis if you really look at them for instance the great white God appeared to the indians which had differant names.the book called the new evidences of christ in the americas is a great excellent lds book to read that goes into the mesoamerican and aztecs and other societes. yes theres the 1830 edition of the book of mormon translation differant from today and ive read every ne of the texts and have seen differances but so has the bible gone thru many diferant versions and translations does that make the bible not the word of God? Certainly not. the bible is still the word of God just as the book of mormon  is the word of God.

Welcome Pinky, I enjoyed your comments. I'd like to get back to this and company reading together. 

Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 02, 2011 - 4:26AM #44
dk081867

as a man who has studied and lived the wisdom of all the religious traditions as well as having many close friends who belong to the lds religion. i have  personally studied lds beleif i would like to state that mormons as well as all the worlds religions and sub religions are missing the whole point of religion as well as the teachings of the teachers whom they are based on.jesus christ never taught religion nor intended to have his beautifull teachings which are grossly misunderstood by most christian faiths including the lds to be turned into a religion.christ actually apposed forming sects and the gathering of people to form religious sects.christs church is not an external organization as christians would make claim but anyone who lives,beleives and follows the truth christ taught belong to his gathering of followers as apposed to the word church which is a mistranslation of the word in the king james bible.i would also like to state it is not only the lds church along with christianity in general who have taken the liberty to to claim that they are the only true church.the muslums,buddhists and hindu have also done the same error as well,claiming a monopoly on god and truth.my point here is not to bash any religion as i love the truths taught by jesus,buddha,krishna and mohamed but to ask people to seek for themselves and study deeply not only into there own religion but to study others as well as diffirent beleifs and denominations amongs theyre own.if you honestly and wholeheartedly do this you will come to know the true and the false in your own religion as well as that in others.when i say this i mean jesus taught only truth as well as the other great teachers but you have many diffirent interpetations amongst all the sub religions of each genre.i searched myself for a true religion and in the end i found none but i have found the truth spoken by christ and it has nothing to to do with any religion but simply a way of life which if lived leads directly to the truth and god itself.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 02, 2011 - 4:46AM #45
dk081867

unevas simple quote is the essence and truth that goes beyond religion,doctrine and beleif.thank you uneva

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 02, 2011 - 9:28AM #46
withwonderingawe

Aug 2, 2011 -- 4:26AM, dk081867 wrote:

as a man who has studied and lived the wisdom of all the religious traditions 

DK

As a woman who has looked at a lot of different religious traditions and thoughts I can say; I sure love being Mormon and I’m grateful that the Lord has given us the Book of Mormon to teach us of himself and his atoning sacrifice.  I know our Father in Heaven and his Son Jesus Christ appeared to and restored His Church though Joseph Smith. Joseph was ordained to be a prophet like Jeremiah of the Old Testament before he was born on this earth. I know that this Church was establish by Christ and is his Church, he stands at the head as the Great High Priest. 

Now you did not take the time to read unevas whole quote she said; 

“……the one and only sure way to achieve and maintain a deep, burning, personal, lasting testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon - Another Testamnt of Jesus Christ, with all the uplifting doctrines it offers, is to privately go to our Heavenly Father in sincere prayer, humbly seeking knowledge as to its truthfulness, as you personally study its pages.  (See Moroni 10:4-5 - P. 529.)  There is no other way.  No scholarly explanations, panel discussions, etc., will have the same personal, lasting effect.  True knowledge comes through a one-on-one experience with the Holy Spirit.”

I hope you will take up her challenge.    

What you are doing DK is declaring yourself to be prophet and head of your own church.

Now this thread is for those who wish to read the Book of Mormon with me. If you have a passage you like please quote it. If you have a criticism then there is a thread for that too! If you want to discuss Mormonism and have a question you can go to the Mormon welcome page and if you want to debate there is also a debate page. 

Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 02, 2011 - 8:28PM #47
dk081867

thank you, i did read unevas whole quote and have taken this  challenge many times.the testi mony of the holy spirit has nothing to do with books nor religion,this revelation of the holy ghost is the truth that sets us free.Thank you..

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 02, 2011 - 8:54PM #48
dk081867

Aug 2, 2011 -- 9:28AM, withwonderingawe wrote:

Aug 2, 2011 -- 4:26AM, dk081867 wrote:

as a man who has studied and lived the wisdom of all the religious traditions 

DK

As a woman who has looked at a lot of different religious traditions and thoughts I can say; I sure love being Mormon and I’m grateful that the Lord has given us the Book of Mormon to teach us of himself and his atoning sacrifice.  I know our Father in Heaven and his Son Jesus Christ appeared to and restored His Church though Joseph Smith. Joseph was ordained to be a prophet like Jeremiah of the Old Testament before he was born on this earth. I know that this Church was establish by Christ and is his Church, he stands at the head as the Great High Priest. 

Now you did not take the time to read unevas whole quote she said; 

“……the one and only sure way to achieve and maintain a deep, burning, personal, lasting testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon - Another Testamnt of Jesus Christ, with all the uplifting doctrines it offers, is to privately go to our Heavenly Father in sincere prayer, humbly seeking knowledge as to its truthfulness, as you personally study its pages.  (See Moroni 10:4-5 - P. 529.)  There is no other way.  No scholarly explanations, panel discussions, etc., will have the same personal, lasting effect.  True knowledge comes through a one-on-one experience with the Holy Spirit.”

I hope you will take up her challenge.    

What you are doing DK is declaring yourself to be prophet and head of your own church.

Now this thread is for those who wish to read the Book of Mormon with me. If you have a passage you like please quote it. If you have a criticism then there is a thread for that too! If you want to discuss Mormonism and have a question you can go to the Mormon welcome page and if you want to debate there is also a debate page. 

i have no passages to quote,no criticism to state,no discusion to partake,no questions to ask and nothing to debate.we are all brothers and sisters and to love thy neighbor as thy self is all we need to know and practice.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook