Page 45 of 90  •  Prev 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 90 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Writings of The Bab & Baha'u'llah
3 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2012 - 10:39AM #441
world citizen

He Whose advent hath been foretold in the heavenly Scriptures is come, could ye but understand it.  The world's horizon is illumined by the splendours of this Most Great Revelation.  Haste ye with radiant hearts and be not of them that are bereft of understanding.  The appointed Hour hath struck and mankind is laid low.  Unto this bear witness the honoured servants of God.

“Tablets of Baha'u'llah,” p. 244

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love. ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2012 - 9:43AM #442
world citizen

A kindly tongue is the lodestone of the hearts of men.  It is the bread of the spirit, it clotheth the words with meaning, it is the fountain of the light of wisdom and understanding.

"Epistle to the Son of the Wolf," p. 15

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love. ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2012 - 11:20AM #443
world citizen

Say:  The Word of God can never be confounded with the words of His creatures.  It is, in truth, the King of words, even as He is Himself the sovereign Lord of all, and His Cause transcendeth all that was and all that shall be.  Enter, O people, the City of Certitude wherein the throne of your Lord, the All-Merciful, hath been established.  Thus biddeth you the Pen of the All-Glorious, as a token of His unfailing grace.  Haply ye may not make His Revelation a cause of dissension amongst you.

"The Summons of the Lord of Hosts," p. 24

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2012 - 11:28AM #444
world citizen

O Son of Dust!  Blind thine eyes, that thou mayest behold My beauty; stop thine ears, that thou mayest hearken unto the sweet melody of My voice; empty thyself of all learning, that thou mayest partake of My knowledge; and sanctify thyself from riches, that thou mayest obtain a lasting share from the ocean of My eternal wealth. Blind thine eyes, that is, to all save My beauty; stop thine ears to all save My word; empty thyself of all learning save the knowledge of Me; that with a clear vision, a pure heart and an attentive ear thou mayest enter the court of My holiness.

"The Persian Hidden Words," No. 11

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 23, 2012 - 9:39AM #445
world citizen

In these days truthfulness and sincerity are sorely afflicted in the clutches of falsehood, and justice is tormented by the scourge of injustice. The smoke of corruption hath enveloped the whole world in such wise that naught can be seen in any direction save regiments of soldiers and nothing is heard from any land but the clashing of swords. We beseech God, the True One, to strengthen the wielders of His power in that which will rehabilitate the world and bring tranquility to the nations.

"Tablets of Baha'u'llah," p.39

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 25, 2012 - 9:45AM #446
world citizen

Thus it is that Jesus, Himself, declared:  "I go away and come again unto you."  Consider the sun.  Were it to say now, "I am the sun of yesterday," it would speak the truth.  And should it, bearing the sequence of time in mind, claim to be other than that sun, it still would speak the truth.  In like manner, if it be said that all the days are but one and the same, it is correct and true.

“Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah,” p. 21

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2012 - 10:44AM #447
world citizen

Beautify your tongues, O people, with truthfulness, and adorn your souls with the ornament of honesty. Beware, O people, that ye deal not treacherously with any one.  Be ye the trustees of God amongst His creatures, and the emblems of His generosity amidst His people.

“Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah,” p. 297

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 29, 2012 - 10:16AM #448
world citizen

Thou hast, moreover, asked Me concerning the state of the soul after its separation from the body.  Know thou, of a truth, that if the soul of man hath walked in the ways of God, it will, assuredly, return and be gathered to the glory of the Beloved.

“Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah,” p. 161

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2012 - 10:33AM #449
world citizen

In the Prayer of Fasting We have revealed:

"Should Thy Will decree that out of Thy mouth these words proceed and be addressed unto them, 'Observe, for My Beauty's sake, the fast, O people, and set no limit to its duration,' I swear by the majesty of Thy glory, that every one of them will faithfully observe it, will abstain from whatsoever will violate Thy law, and will continue to do so until they yield up their souls unto Thee."

In this consisteth the complete surrender of one's will to the Will of God.  Meditate on this, that thou mayest drink in the waters of everlasting life which flow through the words of the Lord of all mankind, and mayest testify that the one true God hath ever been immeasurably exalted above His creatures.  He, verily, is the Incomparable, the Ever-Abiding, the Omniscient, the All-Wise.  The station of absolute self-surrender transcendeth, and will ever remain exalted above, every other station.

"Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah," p. 337

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2012 - 10:40AM #450
world citizen

This poverty and these riches, this abasement and glory, this dominion, power, and the like, upon which the eyes and hearts of these vain and foolish souls are set, - all these things fade into utter nothingness in that Court!  Even as He hath said:  “O men!  Ye are but paupers in need of God; but God is the Rich, the Self-Sufficing.”  By 'riches' therefore is meant independence of all else but God, and by 'poverty' the lack of things that are of God.

“Kitáb-i-Íqán,” p. 132

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 45 of 90  •  Prev 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 90 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook