Page 84 of 84  •  Prev 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84
Switch to Forum Live View Writings of The Bab & Baha'u'llah
2 weeks ago  ::  Apr 10, 2014 - 9:31AM #831
world citizen

Whatever proceeded from the tongue of the Son was revealed in parables, whilst He Who proclaimeth the Truth in this Day speaketh without them.  Take heed lest thou cling to the cord of idle fancy and withhold thyself from that which hath been ordained in the Kingdom of God, the Almighty, the All-Bountiful.  Should the inebriation of the wine of My verses seize thee, and thou determinest to present thyself before the throne of thy Lord, the Creator of earth and heaven, make My love thy vesture, and thy shield remembrance of Me, and thy provision reliance upon God, the Revealer of all power.

"The Summons of the Lord of Hosts," p. 62

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love. ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 weeks ago  ::  Apr 12, 2014 - 10:01AM #832
world citizen

Mention hath been made in certain books of a deluge which caused all that existed on earth, historical records as well as other things, to be destroyed.  Moreover, many cataclysms have occurred which have effaced the traces of many events.  Furthermore, among existing historical records differences are to be found, and each of the various peoples of the world hath its own account of the age of the earth and of its history....  Please God thou wilt turn thine eyes towards the Most Great Revelation, and entirely disregard these conflicting tales and traditions.

"Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah," p. 174

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love. ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 week ago  ::  Apr 14, 2014 - 9:48AM #833
world citizen

O Moving Form of Dust!  I desire communion with thee, but thou wouldst put no trust in Me.  The sword of thy rebellion hath felled the tree of thy hope.  At all times I am near unto thee, but thou art ever far from Me.  Imperishable glory I have chosen for thee, yet boundless shame thou hast chosen for thyself.  While there is yet time, return, and lose not thy chance.

"The Persian Hidden Words," No. 21

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 week ago  ::  Apr 16, 2014 - 9:55AM #834
world citizen

A new life is, in this age, stirring within all the peoples of the earth; and yet none hath discovered its cause or perceived its motive.  Consider the peoples of the West. Witness how, in their pursuit of that which is vain and trivial, they have sacrificed, and are still sacrificing, countless lives for the sake of its establishment and promotion.  The peoples of Persia, on the other hand, though the repository of a perspicuous and luminous Revelation, the glory of whose loftiness and renown hath encompassed the whole earth, are dispirited and sunk in deep lethargy.

"Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah," p. 195

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 days ago  ::  Apr 18, 2014 - 9:53AM #835
world citizen

Were the prophecies recorded in the Gospel to be literally fulfilled; were Jesus, Son of Mary, accompanied by angels, to descend from the visible heaven upon the clouds; who would dare to disbelieve, who would dare to reject the truth, and wax disdainful?  Nay, such consternation would immediately seize all the dwellers of the earth that no soul would feel able to utter a word, much less to reject or accept the truth....  As they [clergy] have literally interpreted the Word of God, and the sayings and traditions of the Letters of Unity, and expounded them according to their own deficient understanding, they have therefore deprived themselves and all their people of the bountiful showers of the grace and mercies of God.

"The Kitab-i-Iqan," p. 81

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 days ago  ::  Apr 20, 2014 - 9:06AM #836
world citizen

Say: This is the Paradise on whose foliage the wine of utterance hath imprinted the testimony: 'He that was hidden from the eyes of men is revealed, girded with sovereignty and power!'  This is the Paradise, the rustling of whose leaves proclaims: 'O ye that inhabit the heavens and the earth! There hath appeared what hath never previously appeared.  He Who, from everlasting, had concealed His Face from the sight of creation is now come.'  From the whispering breeze that wafteth amidst its branches there cometh the cry: 'He Who is the sovereign Lord of all is made manifest.  The Kingdom is God's,' while from its streaming waters can be heard the murmur: 'All eyes are gladdened, for He Whom none hath beheld, Whose secret no one hath discovered, hath lifted the veil of glory, and uncovered the countenance of Beauty.'

"Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah," p. 31

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 days ago  ::  Apr 22, 2014 - 9:23AM #837
world citizen

Among the people there are those who have turned away and repudiated the truth, others have pronounced judgement against Us without any proof or evidence.  The first to turn away from Us have been the world's spiritual leaders in this age -- they that call upon Us in the daytime and in the night season and mention My Name while resting on their lofty thrones.  However, when I revealed Myself unto men they rose against Me in such wise that even the stones groaned and lamented bitterly.

"Tablets of Baha'u'llah," p. 254

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 84 of 84  •  Prev 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook