Page 91 of 91  •  Prev 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91
Switch to Forum Live View Writings of The Bab & Baha'u'llah
3 weeks ago  ::  Aug 30, 2014 - 10:00AM #901
world citizen

We cherish the hope that through the loving-kindness of the All-Wise, the All-Knowing, obscuring dust may be dispelled and the power of perception enhanced, that the people may discover the purpose for which they have been called into being.  In this Day whatsoever serveth to reduce blindness and to increase vision is worthy of consideration.  This vision acteth as the agent and guide for true knowledge.  Indeed in the estimation of men of wisdom keenness of understanding is due to keenness of vision.

"Tablets of Baha'u'llah, vol.3," p. 35

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love. ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 weeks ago  ::  Sep 01, 2014 - 10:38AM #902
world citizen

The purpose of the one true God in manifesting Himself is to summon all mankind to truthfulness and sincerity, to piety and trustworthiness, to resignation and submissiveness to the Will of God, to forbearance and kindliness, to uprightness and wisdom.  His object is to array every man with the mantle of a saintly character, and to adorn him with the ornament of holy and goodly deeds.

"Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá'u'lláh," p. 298

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love. ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 weeks ago  ::  Sep 03, 2014 - 9:21AM #903
world citizen

The world is in travail, and its agitation waxeth day by day.  Its face is turned towards waywardness and unbelief.  Such shall be its plight, that to disclose it now would not be meet and seemly.  Its perversity will long continue.  And when the appointed hour is come, there shall suddenly appear that which shall cause the limbs of mankind to quake.  Then, and only then, will the Divine Standard be unfurled, and the Nightingale of Paradise warble its melody.

"Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá'u'lláh," p. 118

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 weeks ago  ::  Sep 05, 2014 - 9:33AM #904
world citizen

We have formerly declared that speech was decreed to be in two languages, and that there should be an effort to reduce it into one.  So, likewise, should it be with the writings of the world, in order that people may not waste and lavish their lives in the study of the various languages, and that the whole earth may be considered as one city and one land.

Compilation: "Baha'i Scriptures," p. 150

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 weeks ago  ::  Sep 05, 2014 - 10:24PM #905
in_my_opinion

O members of parliaments throughout the world! Select ye a single language for the use of all on earth, and adopt ye likewise a common script. God, verily, maketh plain for you that which shall profit you and enable you to be independent of others. He, of a truth, is the Most Bountiful, the All-Knowing, the All-Informed. This will be the cause of unity, could ye but comprehend it, and the greatest instrument for promoting harmony and civilization, would that ye might understand! We have appointed two signs for the coming of age of the human race: the first, which is the most firm foundation, We have set down in other of Our Tablets, while the second hath been revealed in this wondrous Book.

Kitab-i-Aqdas

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 weeks ago  ::  Sep 07, 2014 - 10:46AM #906
world citizen

Say:  Should I wish to transform, in a single moment, all things into mirrors of My Names, this undoubtedly is in My power, how much more in the power of My Lord, Who hath called Me into being through His all-compelling and inscrutable command.  And should I choose to revolutionize the entire creation in the twinkling of an eye, this assuredly is possible unto Me, how much more unto that sovereign Purpose enshrined in the Will of God, My Lord and the Lord of all the worlds.

"The Summons of the Lord of Hosts," p. 45

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 weeks ago  ::  Sep 09, 2014 - 10:26AM #907
world citizen

Thou hast, moreover, asked Me concerning the state of the soul after its separation from the body.  Know thou, of a truth, that if the soul of man hath walked in the ways of God, it will, assuredly, return and be gathered to the glory of the Beloved.  By the righteousness of God!  It shall attain a station such as no pen can depict, or tongue describe.  The soul that hath remained faithful to the Cause of God, and stood unwaveringly firm in His Path shall, after his ascension, be possessed of such power that all the worlds which the Almighty hath created can benefit through him.  Such a soul provideth, at the bidding of the Ideal King and Divine Educator, the pure leaven that leaveneth the world of being, and furnisheth the power through which the arts and wonders of the world are made manifest.  Consider how meal needeth leaven to be leavened with.  Those souls that are the symbols of detachment are the leaven of the world.  Meditate on this, and be of the thankful.

"Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah," p. 160

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 week ago  ::  Sep 11, 2014 - 9:25AM #908
world citizen

Of these truths some can be disclosed only to the extent of the capacity of the repositories of the light of Our knowledge, and the recipients of Our hidden grace.  We beseech God to strengthen thee with His power, and enable thee to recognize Him Who is the Source of all knowledge, that thou mayest detach thyself from all human learning, for, "what would it profit any man to strive after learning when he hath already found and recognized Him Who is the Object of all knowledge?"  Cleave to the Root of Knowledge, and to Him Who is the Fountain thereof, that thou mayest find thyself independent of all who claim to be well versed in human learning, and whose claim no clear proof, nor the testimony of any enlightening book, can support.

"Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah," p. 176

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 91 of 91  •  Prev 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook