Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
Switch to Forum Live View What translators don't want you to know
5 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2009 - 11:05PM #41
peterthesplitfish

Shalom He-man,

Have you also looked at the Codex Bezae?

Peter M.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2009 - 9:37AM #42
he-man

Jul 26, 2009 -- 11:05PM, peterthesplitfish wrote:

Shalom He-man, Have you also looked at the Codex Bezae? Peter M.

Thanks Peter, and yes, I have a copy. However, it is just as contaminated as the rest.

The Textus Receptus was used as the basis for the KJV and all the principal Protestant translations in the languages of Europe until 1881, when the Revised Version [RV] was first published in England. The KJV translators most directly relied upon the 1598 Greek text by the Theodore de Beze of Geneva, but it also was virtually identical with Stephanus' 1550 and 1551 Greek texts, which were virtually identical with Erasmus' 1535 Greek text.

Again, these all were noble efforts, but the editors of these editions did not have access to the current wealth of ancient documents and to today's more scientific knowledge of how those documents had been transmitted and partially corrupted over many centuries.

Stephanus' 1550 Greek text was very close to being the same as Erasmus' fourth- and fifth-editions. It was the primary basis for Beza's 1565 edition, which was virtually the same as the Elzevirs' 1633 edition, which became known as the Textus Receptus.

1Ch 25:5  All these were the sons of Heman the king’s seer (chozeh= to see) in the words of God, to lift up the horn.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2009 - 11:01AM #43
peterthesplitfish

Shalom He-man,

Yes I knew it was just as contaminated, but as you know, I always try to get people to look at all the options rather than limited oneself to a single one.

By the way, just a couple of weeks ago I was on the web doing some other searches of texts and came across an awful site where the guy is trying to say that all the codices that are now being found are the real crap because he is convinced that the KJV is actually from the time of Yeshua that earlier King James. Wow what idiocy exists in the world!

Peter M.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2009 - 3:13PM #44
he-man

Jul 27, 2009 -- 11:01AM, peterthesplitfish wrote:

Shalom He-man,

Yes I knew it was just as contaminated, but as you know, I always try to get people to look at all the options rather than limited oneself to a single one.

By the way, just a couple of weeks ago I was on the web doing some other searches of texts and came across an awful site where the guy is trying to say that all the codices that are now being found are the real crap because he is convinced that the KJV is actually from the time of Yeshua that earlier King James. Wow what idiocy exists in the world! Peter M.

What idiocy exists in the world? Right, and getting worse instead of better!

The "1516 Greek & Latin New Testament by Desiderius Erasmus" is also a Neat one to study.

You can get them and others on CD from

www.geocities.com/mklangley1/EnglishBibl...

The 1599 Geneva Bible on CD.

Greek New Testament edited by von Soden on CD

Elzevir’s Greek New Testament 1633 edition on CD.

Plus 100's more.

Elzevir’s Greek New Testament 1633 edition on CD.

Greek New Testament edited by von Soden on CD

The 1599 Geneva Bible on CD.

1Ch 25:5  All these were the sons of Heman the king’s seer (chozeh= to see) in the words of God, to lift up the horn.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 03, 2009 - 3:11PM #45
he-man

The larger of all the cover-ups of scripture is conatained in the words of Mk 15:2 And Pilate asked him, "You are the King of the Judeans?" and he answered him, "You say."

15:26 And the inscription of causation was written over him, THE KING OF THE JUDEANS.

The claim to Pilate, of Christ to be King of Judea would be like saying to Obama that Christ was King of the USA. It was then considered blasphemous at the least and to be an attempt to overthrow the Government, as it would be now if Christ returned and said, " I am King of the USA.

14:61 Again the high priest asked him,and said to him, “Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?”
62 And Jesus said, “I am and you will see the Son of Man sitting from out of the right hand of the binding power, and coming with the aura of heaven.”

14:64 You have heard the blasphemy! What does it seem to you?”

The parable of the vineyard shows the same attempt to overthrow the Government by saying Christ is the heir of the land of Judea.

12:1 And he began to speak to them in parables: `A man planted a vineyard, with a barrier around it, and dug a wine vat under the trough, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went abroad;

12:7 But those husbandmen said to themselves, This is the heir; come, we may dehumanize him, and the inheritance shall be ours.

12:9 What will the Lord of the vineyard do? Coming, He will destroy the husbandmen, and will give the vineyard to others.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2009 - 10:20AM #46
he-man

Oh my, how will the Catholics survive without the "Blessed are you among women"

Lu 1:28 και εισελθων προσ αυτην ο αγγελοσ ει πεν χαιρε κεχαριτωμενη ο κσ μετα σου.

28  And coming in to her, said: Be joyful, beautiful one, the Lord is with you.*

** OMITTED "Blessed are you among women"

29 But she was *preturbed at the word, and was *speculating to be *contemptible of this *kissing.

* Greek διεραταχθην perturbed * Greek διαλογίζομαι speculation

* Greek ποταπός contemptible  * Greek ασπασμός osculation, act of kissing,

30 And the angel said to her: Fear not, Mary; for you have been found for from God.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2009 - 2:22PM #47
he-man

Aug 13, 2009 -- 10:20AM, he-man wrote:

Lu 1:28 και εισελθων προσ αυτην ο αγγελοσ ει πεν χαιρε κεχαριτωμενη ο κσ μετα σου.

28  And coming in to her, said: Be joyful, beautiful one, the Lord is with you.*

29 But she was *preturbed at the word, and was *speculating to be *contemptible of this *kissing.

30 And the angel said to her: Fear not, Mary; for you have been found for from God.

Then the angel goes on to say:
32 He shall be great, and Son of the Highest shall he be called; and the Lord God shall give him the throne of David his father,   Codex Sinaiticus

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2009 - 5:57PM #48
he-man

Aug 17, 2009 -- 2:22PM, he-man wrote:

Aug 13, 2009 -- 10:20AM, he-man wrote:

Then the angel goes on to say:

32 He shall be great, and Son of the Highest shall he be called; and the Lord God shall give him the throne of David his father,   Codex Sinaiticus

The KING OF KINGS:

1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

1:37 For with God every word shall not be impossible.

1:38 And Mary said, lo may it be to me, the female servant of the Lord, according to your word. And the angel went forth from her.

1:39 And arising in those days, Mary  went into the mountainous region with 1 precipitation, into the city of Juda; 1 * Greek σπουδής haste hurry, hustle 

1:40 And entered into the house of Zacharias, and kissed Elizabeth.
  1:41 And it happened, Elizabeth as a (2) reflex at the kissing of Mary, the baby (3) gamboled in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit: [a reflected source of light] 2 * Greek ακουσεν reflex, instinctive; archaic a reflected source of light
3 * Greek εσκίρτησεν gambol skipping or leaping
  1:42 And she (4) shouted with a great (5) cry, and said, Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb.
4 * Greek αναφωησεν vociferate, (shouted) exclaim, ejaculate  * MSS Omit φωνη voice
5 * Greek κραυγη cry bawl, halloo

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook