Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
5 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2009 - 7:35PM #11
Community.beliefnet.comstone

Mar 23, 2009 -- 3:35PM, RJMcElwain wrote:

I'm exploring FaceBook as an option. They have private groups there.

I hesitate to ask, but  ............... if you are letting us know -- and in this thread -- that you are now exploring Facebook, is it reasonable to infer that it may be time to give up on having either my old identity restored or my year and a half of missing posts?  --  or, for that matter, have any others' lost identities or posts restored here either, which you may have learned of, in addition, since your last posting in this thread?

Thanks, and best,

Walther

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2009 - 9:07PM #12
RJMcElwain

I'm not giving up on getting your old ID resurrected. However, I'm always looking for the best options for Westar. There are pros and cons to all the possible choices. I'm new to FaceBook, so it'll take awhile to figure out if it would work for Westar.

Robert J. McElwain

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." (Supposedly)Thomas Jefferson

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral."
St. Thomas Aquinas

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. Plato
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2009 - 9:10PM #13
teilhard

Mar 19, 2009 -- 10:42AM, Community.beliefnet.comstone wrote:

Mar 19, 2009 -- 9:52AM, RJMcElwain wrote:

Rumor has it that all the new glitches will be fixed by Christmas.............just in time for the next upgrade.

Frankly, I'd really like to know how many other posters have seen all their postings, fifteen months' worth, wiped out just like that.  Clearly, posters like Mister C and Teilhard and so on didn't have to create brand new identities to get back in.  How come?

The notion that if an old identity isn't "re-upped" its postings mussen sie all vanish like that is more and more outrageous the more I think about it.  I'd actually be less outraged now if some bureaucrat whose "yea" was "yea" and whose "nay" was "nay" around here were to openly say that my postings didn't pass some abstruse "saliva test" and thus my identity was deliberately wiped -- in other words, come clean with some philosophical reason why my postings were wiped.  As it is, unless and until some other poster comes forward with a similar story of having had all one's old postings wiped with no hope of recovery, I'm no longer prepared to believe that it's just gremlins.  I was prepared to believe that a few weeks ago.  No longer.

Furthermore -- and I wish I could remember some more names on this -- it really strikes me that the preponderance of posters around now are posters who are dogmatists on either side -- in other words, good for a cheap rumble.  Posters whose approach is more thoughtful and nuanced seem more absent than present in recent weeks.  Why?

So if there is a conscious reason why my postings and my identity have been summarily wiped, it's possible it's because I refused to play the take-no-prisoners game of marching in #%^*#%^&^$ lockstep with some dogmatists on either side.

So there!

Am I finally angry?  You bet I'm angry.

Now, is there anyone else here, Level 6 or otherwise, who had the experience of having all their postings temporarily or permanently wiped? ................. TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!

YOOHOO!  Anyone out there?!

Walther

Have you checked The Prisoner List

for Guantanamo Bay ... ???

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 24, 2009 - 2:05PM #14
RJMcElwain

Apparently, Westar already has a site on Facebook. However, at this time, it's not set up for discussions and it's pretty new, so there are only about 30 Associates signed up for it now. It wasn't a project of Westar, but was set up by a new Westar member on his own. However, he has used all the Westar logos.

I've talked to Bill Lehto, who has talked to Char about it, and they're talking about the options.

Robert J. McElwain

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." (Supposedly)Thomas Jefferson

St. Thomas Aquinas

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. Plato
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 24, 2009 - 5:18PM #15
MisterC

I looked at it, and if it isn't sanctioned by Westar, we should sue to have the official logos and so forth removed and anything that mentions Westar. It is maddening to have someone use your work without permission. (Personal experience.)

Dennis, and Associate and often the first few letters of the word, too!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 24, 2009 - 8:14PM #16
RJMcElwain

Dennis,

Take a look at:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=51107864849#/topic.php?uid=51107864849&topic=8009

which is the discussion section of that site. I went ahead and copied and pasted one of our threads, started by Gene, to that site. I want to see what happens.

The guy that set up the site is a new Associate of Westar and, from what I can see, his intentions are good. Anyway, I'm letting Char and Bill Lehto deal with that. I'm just interested in whether it can be another forum for Westar discussion.

Robert J. McElwain

St. Thomas Aquinas

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook