Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Holy Spirit of Promise
9 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2009 - 4:48PM #1
Mattscar75
I would like to hear what this means to you guys or gals that come to this forum.

D&C 132: 7
  7 And verily I say unto you, that the aconditions of this law are these: All covenants, contracts, bonds, obligations, boaths, cvows, performances, connections, associations, or expectations, that are not made and entered into and sealed by the HOLY SPIRIT OF PROMISE, of him who is eanointed, both as well for time and for all eternity, and that too most holy, by frevelation and commandment through the medium of mine anointed, whom I have appointed on the earth to hold this gpower (and I have appointed unto my servant Joseph to hold this hpower in the last days, and there is never but one on the earth at a time on whom this power and the ikeys of this priesthood are conferred), are of no efficacy, virtue, or force in and after the resurrection from the dead; for all contracts that are not made unto this end have an end when men are dead.

D&C 76: 53
  53 And who overcome by faith, and are sealed by the HOLY SPIRIT OF PROMISE, which the Father sheds forth upon all those who are just and true.

There are other references to it in the standard works.  Does it relate to a "calling and election made sure"?
"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."   Black Elk
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook