Switch to Forum Live View Boaard Upgrade Coming
6 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2009 - 6:56AM #1
RJMcElwain
Subject: The Upgrade is ComingHi Gang,

I just received the following:

Dear Friends,

We're excited to announce that Beliefnet Community is changing to a new technology system, one that we believe will be more stable and easier to use, while still offering the features and tools you have grown to enjoy.

We'll be rolling out this change in about two weeks. There will be some changes to your pages. You can help prepare for this change:

Read the FAQ at http://community.beliefnet.com/upgradefaq

Give us your feedback at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=m … 57Uw_3d_3d
Robert J. McElwain

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." (Supposedly)Thomas Jefferson

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral."
St. Thomas Aquinas

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. Plato
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2009 - 2:56PM #2
MisterC

Whoopee. It's the color orange I have to clean off my windowshield, it's extremely slow on dial up, there is nothing that tells me whether it will keep me logged on once I leave. We get a funny face, a spell check and can click to change the font characteristics. Whoopie! It's almost as good as the net was in 1992 when I first logged onto compuserve or whatever it was... just a ton slower!

Dennis

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2009 - 8:46AM #3
RJMcElwain

Feb 27, 2009 -- 2:56PM, MisterC wrote:

Whoopee. It's the color orange I have to clean off my windowshield, it's extremely slow on dial up, there is nothing that tells me whether it will keep me logged on once I leave. We get a funny face, a spell check and can click to change the font characteristics. Whoopie! It's almost as good as the net was in 1992 when I first logged onto compuserve or whatever it was... just a ton slower!

Dennis

Hey Dennis,

So glad you like it. However, I agree. Rather confusing and the navigation is totally new. And obviously, the new Board administrators have some bugs to work on.

Howeer, if I can find it and limp through these early days, anyone who is computer literate will not have too much difficulty. Let's see how quickly they can clean things up.

Robert J. McElwain

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." (Supposedly)Thomas Jefferson

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral."
St. Thomas Aquinas

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. Plato
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2009 - 9:00AM #4
MisterC

It zoomed a bit faster this time, but you know, Yahoo egroups are so far superior to this, the third version of this "community" I have endured in what... a year and a half?  Gee, look at all the corny "emote" faces... Emulating AOL of the nineties, I can see! Where is the "You've got mail!" voice? © Look at the chars! Custom chars! Wow! Could do that before graphic interfaces! If I knew a good URL image I could even insert that. Peachy keen!

I wrote one killer essay to attach to my large one about Galatians. It's at Hodos in a file. In looking for the sitz-im-leben, I have found Galatians to probably be written "post-mortem Paulus," to no one in particular except a certain type of Jewish Christian mentality easily duped.  Good stuff.

Dennis

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook