Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Note on Dominus Flevit / Talpioth inscriptions
6 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2008 - 5:16PM #21
Miguel_de_servet

Blü wrote:

Thanks for that clarification.  Nice work.

Thank you! We are all trying to get as near truth as we can, don't we ... :)

Blü wrote:

I'm glad you enjoyed Alan Millard's book, too.  As you know, I haven't personally read it.

As I said, it is beautifully written and illustrated. It is not super-fresh (1990) but, at $ 6.95, it is a real bargain. Well worth having, IMO.

Blü wrote:

Millard's email to me was unequivocal that the statement attributed to him was incorrect, and backed that proposition with the citation of the two articles by John Kane.

I still don't understand why he didn't simply say, "That quotation is wrongly attributed to me".

Blü wrote:

My local library found the Kane articles for me on-line and downloaded them for very little, so they're not far away if they interest you too.

Thanks. I can download them for $ 9 and $ 23, respectively. How does it compare?

Mario

Revelation is above, not against Reason

“The everlasting God is a refuge, and underneath you are his eternal arms ...” (Deut 33:27)
“Do you have an arm like God, and can you thunder with a voice like his?” (Job 40:9)
“By the Lord’s word [dabar] the heavens were made; and by the breath [ruwach] of his mouth all their host.” (Psalm 33:6)
“Who would have believed what we just heard? When was the arm of the Lord revealed through him?” (Isaiah 53:1)
“Lord, who has believed our message, and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?” (John 12:38)
“For not the hearers of the law are righteous before God, but the doers of the law will be declared righteous.” (Romans 2:13)

“Owe no one anything, except to love one another, for the one who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.”(Romans 13:8)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2008 - 8:34PM #22
Blü
Mario

I paid 20c a page for my downloads - $1.40 and $3 (and was carelessly imagining libraries everywhere would be as reasonable).  I wonder if a university (&c) library in your zone would have a kinder student-friendly rate?  The more directly relevant one is the shorter - "By No Means 'The Earliest Records of Christianity' - with an amended reading of the Talpioth Inscription IESOUS IOU".
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook