Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: This is the Day...
4 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2010 - 10:28AM #1
world citizen

This is the day whereon the Rock (Peter) crieth out and shouteth,  and celebrateth the praise of its Lord, the All-Possessing, the Most  High, saying: 'Lo! The Father is come, and that which ye were promised  in the Kingdom is fulfilled!...'  (The Proclamation of Baha'u'llah, p.  84)

Verily I say, this is the Day in which mankind can  behold the Face, and hear the Voice, of the Promised One. The Call of  God hath been raised, and the light of His countenance hath been lifted  up upon men. It behoveth every man to blot out the trace of every idle  word from the tablet of his heart, and to gaze, with an open and  unbiased mind, on the signs of His Revelation, the proofs of His  Mission, and the tokens of His glory.  (The Proclamation of  Baha'u'llah, p. 111)

This is the Day
of Bounty! Bestir  yourselves that I may make you monarchs in the realms of My Kingdom.  If  ye follow Me, ye shall behold that which ye were promised, and I will  make you My companions in the dominion of My majesty and the intimates  of My beauty in the heaven of My power forevermore. If ye rebel against  Me, I will in My clemency endure it patiently, that haply ye may awaken  and rise up from the couch of heedlessness. Thus hath My mercy  encompassed you. Fear ye God and follow not in the ways of those who  have turned away from His face, though they invoke His name in the  daytime and in the night season.  (The Summons of the Lord of Hosts,  p. 64)

This is the Day in which God's most excellent favors have been poured out upon men, the Day in which His most mighty grace hath been infused into all created things. It is incumbent upon all the peoples of the world to reconcile their differences, and, with perfect unity and peace, abide beneath the shadow of the Tree of His care and loving-kindness. It behoveth them to cleave to whatsoever will, in this Day, be conducive to the exaltation of their stations, and to the promotion of their best interests.  (Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 6)

This is the Day whereon the Ocean of God's mercy hath been manifested unto men, the Day in which the Day Star of His loving-kindness hath shed its radiance upon them, the Day in which the clouds of His bountiful favor have overshadowed the whole of mankind. Now is the time to cheer and refresh the down-cast through the invigorating breeze of love and fellowship, and the living waters of friendliness and charity.  (Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 7)

Great indeed is this Day! The allusions made to it in all the sacred Scriptures as the Day of God attest its greatness. The soul of every Prophet of God, of every Divine Messenger, hath thirsted for this wondrous Day. All the divers kindreds of the earth have, likewise, yearned to attain it.  (Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 10)

This is the Day which the Pen of the Most High hath glorified in all the holy Scriptures. There is no verse in them that doth not declare the glory of His holy Name, and no Book that doth not testify unto the loftiness of this most exalted theme. Were We to make mention of all that hath been revealed in these heavenly Books and holy Scriptures concerning this Revelation, this Tablet would assume impossible dimensions. It is incumbent in this Day, upon every man to place his whole trust in the manifold bounties of God ...  (Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 13)

This is the Day whereon the unseen world crieth out: "Great is thy blessedness, O earth, for thou hast been made the foot-stool of thy God, and been chosen as the seat of His mighty throne." The realm of glory exclaimeth: "Would that my life could be sacrificed for thee, for He Who is the Beloved of the All-Merciful hath established His sovereignty upon thee, through the power of His Name that hath been promised unto all things, whether of the past or of the future.  (Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 29)

This is the Day whereon the true servants of God partake of the life-giving waters of reunion, the Day whereon those that are nigh unto Him are able to drink of the soft-flowing river of immortality, and they who believe in His unity, the wine of His Presence, through their recognition of Him Who is the Highest and Last End of all, in Whom the Tongue of Majesty and Glory voiceth the call: "The Kingdom is Mine. I, Myself, am, of Mine own right, its Ruler.
(Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 33)

Say: This is the Voice of God, if ye do but hearken. This is the Day Spring of the Revelation of God, did ye but know it. This is the Dawning-Place of the Cause of God, were ye to recognize it. This is the Source of the commandment of God, did ye but judge it fairly. This is the manifest and hidden Secret; would that ye might perceive it. O peoples of the world! Cast away, in My name that transcendeth all other names, the things ye possess, and immerse yourselves in this Ocean in whose depths lay hidden the pearls of wisdom and of utterance, an ocean that surgeth in My name, the All-Merciful.  Thus instructeth you He with Whom is the Mother Book.  (Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 33)

This is the Day whereon the earth shall tell out her tidings. The workers of iniquity are her burdens, could ye but perceive it. The moon of idle fancy hath been cleft, and the heaven hath given out a palpable smoke. We see the people laid low, awed with the dread of thy Lord, the Almighty, the Most Powerful. The Crier hath cried out, and men have been torn away, so great hath been the fury of His wrath. The people of the left hand sigh and bemoan. The people of the right abide in noble habitations: they quaff the Wine that is life indeed, from the hands of the All-Merciful, and are, verily, the blissful.  (Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 40)

This is the Day
when the loved ones of God should keep their eyes directed towards His Manifestation, and fasten them upon whatsoever that Manifestation may be pleased to reveal. Certain traditions of bygone ages rest on no foundations whatever, while the notions entertained by past generations, and which they have recorded in their books, have, for the most part, been influenced by the desires of a corrupt inclination. Thou dost witness how most of the commentaries and interpretations of the words of God, now current amongst men, are devoid of truth. Their falsity hath, in some cases, been exposed when the intervening veils were rent asunder. They themselves have acknowledged their failure in apprehending the meaning of any of the words of God.  (Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 171)

Say: This is the Day when every ear must needs be attentive to His voice. Hearken ye to the Call of this wronged One, and magnify ye the name of the one true God, and adorn yourselves with the ornament of His remembrance, and illumine your hearts with the light of His love. This is the key that unlocketh the hearts of men, the burnish that shall cleanse the souls of all beings. He that is careless of what hath poured out from the finger of the Will of God liveth in manifest error. Amity and rectitude of conduct, rather than dissension and mischief, are the marks of true faith.  (Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 205)

This is the Day in which He Who held converse with God hath attained the light of the Ancient of Days, and quaffed the pure waters of reunion from this Cup that hath caused the seas to swell. Say: By the one true God! Sinai is circling round the Day Spring of Revelation, while from the heights of the Kingdom the Voice of the Spirit of God is heard proclaiming: "Bestir yourselves, ye proud ones of the earth, and hasten ye unto Him." Carmel hath, in this Day, hastened in longing adoration to attain His court, whilst from the heart of Zion there cometh the cry: "The promise is fulfilled. That which had been announced in the holy Writ of God, the most Exalted, the Almighty, the Best-Beloved, is made manifest.
(Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 210)

This is the Day whereon Sinai hath smiled at Him Who conversed  upon it, and Carmel at its Revealer, and the Sadrah at Him Who taught  it. Fear ye God, and be not of them that have denied Him. Withhold not  yourselves from that which hath been revealed through His grace. Seize  ye the living waters of immortality in the name of your Lord, the Lord  of all names, and drink ye in the remembrance of Him, Who is the Mighty,  the Peerless.
(Epistle to the Son of the Wolf, p. 37)

This  is the day whereon all peoples should shed the light of unity and  concord. In brief, the pride and vanity of certain of the peoples of the  world have made havoc of true understanding, and laid waste the home of  justice and of equity.
(Epistle to the Son of the Wolf, p. 76)

This  is the day on which the Bird of Utterance hath warbled its melody  upon the branches, in the name of its Lord, the God of Mercy. Blessed is  the man that hath, on the wings of longing, soared towards God, the  Lord of the Judgment Day.  (Epistle to the Son of the Wolf, p. 94)

This  is the day whereon nothing amongst all things, nor any name amongst  all names, can profit you save through this Name which God hath made  the Manifestation of His Cause and the Dayspring of His Most Excellent  Titles unto all who are in the kingdom of creation. Blessed is that man  that hath recognized the fragrance of the All-Merciful and been numbered  with the steadfast. Your sciences shall not profit you in this day, nor  your arts, nor your treasures, nor your glory. Cast them all behind  your backs, and set your faces towards the Most Sublime Word through  which the Scriptures and the Books and this lucid Tablet have been  distinctly set forth. Cast away, O people, the things ye have composed  with the pen of your idle fancies and vain imaginings. By God! The  Daystar of Knowledge hath shone forth above the horizon of certitude.   (Epistle to the Son of the Wolf, p. 97)

This is the day which God hath announced through the tongue of His Apostle. Reflect,  that thou mayest apprehend what the All-Merciful hath sent down in the  Qur'án and in this inscribed Tablet. This is the day whereon He Who is  the Dayspring of Revelation hath come with clear tokens which none can  number. This is the day whereon every man endued with perception hath  discovered the fragrance of the breeze of the All-Merciful in the world  of creation, and every man of insight hath hastened unto the living  waters of the mercy of his Lord, the King of Kings.  (Epistle to the  Son of the Wolf, p. 101)

This is the day whereon all  created things cry out, and announce unto men this Revelation, through  which hath appeared what was concealed and preserved in the knowledge of  God, the Mighty, the All-Praised.  (Epistle to the Son of the Wolf,  p. 140)

This is the Day that God hath ordained to be a blessing unto the righteous, a retribution for the wicked, a bounty for the faithful and a fury of His wrath for the faithless and the froward. Verily He hath been made manifest, invested by God with invincible sovereignty. He hath revealed that wherewith naught on the earth or in the heavens can compare.
(Tablets of Baha'u'llah, p. 103)

Say, this is the Day when the Speaker on Sinai hath mounted the throne of Revelation and the people have stood before the Lord of the worlds. This is the Day wherein the earth hath told out her tidings and hath laid bare her treasures; when the oceans have brought forth their pearls and the divine Lote-Tree its fruit; when the Sun hath shed its radiance and the Moons have diffused their lights, and the Heavens have revealed their stars, and the Hour its signs, and the Resurrection its dreadful majesty; when the pens have unloosed their outpourings and the spirits have laid bare their mysteries.  (Tablets of Baha'u'llah, p. 107)

This is the day
whereon nothing amongst all things, nor any name amongst all names, can profit you save through this Name which God hath made the Manifestation of His Cause and the Dayspring of His Most Excellent Titles unto all who are in the kingdom of creation. Blessed is that man that hath recognized the fragrance of the All-Merciful and been numbered with the steadfast. Your sciences shall not profit you in this day, nor your arts, nor your treasures, nor your glory. Cast them all behind your backs, and set your faces towards the Most Sublime Word through which the Scriptures and the Books and this lucid Tablet have been distinctly set forth.  (Tablets of Baha'u'llah, p. 211)

Say: This is the Day of God Himself; fear ye God and be not of  them that have disbelieved in Him. Cast the idle tales behind your backs and behold My Revelation through Mine eyes. Unto this have ye been exhorted in heavenly Books and Scriptures, in the Scrolls and Tablets.  (Tablets of Baha'u'llah, p. 241)

This is the Day in which the earth shineth with the effulgent light of thy Lord, but the people are lost in error and have been shut out as by a veil. We desire to regenerate the world, yet they have resolved to put an end to My life. Thus have their hearts prompted them in this Day -- a Day which hath been made bright by the radiant light of the countenance of its Lord, the Omnipotent, the Almighty, the Unconstrained. The Mother Book hath lifted up its Voice, but the people are bereft of hearing. The Preserved Tablet hath been revealed with truth, yet the generality of mankind peruse it not. They have denied the gracious favour of God after it hath been sent down unto them and have turned away from God, the Knower of things unseen. They firmly cling to the hem of idle fancies, turning their backs on the hidden Name of the Almighty.  (Tablets of Baha'u'llah, p. 244)

This is the Day in which the Ocean of knowledge hath lifted up its Voice and hath brought forth its pearls. Would that ye knew it! The heaven of the Bayan hath been raised up in truth at the behest of God, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting. I swear by God! The Essence of knowledge exclaimeth and saith: Lo! He Who is the Object of all knowledge is come and through His advent the sacred Books of God, the Gracious, the Loving, have been embellished. Every revelation of grace, every evidence of goodly gifts emanateth from Him and unto Him doth it return.  (Tablets of Baha'u'llah, p. 245)

This is the Day
that hath been illumined by the effulgent light of the Countenance of God -- the Day when the Tongue of Grandeur is calling aloud: The Kingdom is God's, the Lord of the Day of Resurrection.  (Tablets of Baha'u'llah, p. 253)

This is the Day
in which He Who held converse with God hath attained the light of the Ancient of Days, and quaffed the pure waters of reunion from this Cup that hath caused the seas to swell. Say: By the one true God! Sinai is circling round the Dayspring of Revelation, while from the heights of the Kingdom the Voice of the Spirit of God is heard proclaiming: "Bestir yourselves, ye proud ones of the earth, and hasten ye unto Him." Carmel hath, in this Day, hastened in longing adoration to attain His court, whilst from the heart of Zion there cometh the cry: "The promise is fulfilled. That which had been announced in the holy Writ of God, the Most Exalted, the Almighty, the Best-Beloved, is made manifest.
(The Kitab-i-Aqdas, p. 48)

Say: This is the Day of God, the Day on which naught shall be mentioned save His own Self, the omnipotent Protector of all worlds. This is the Cause that hath made all your superstitions and idols to tremble.  (The Kitab-i-Aqdas, p. 80)

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love. ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook