5 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2008 - 8:03PM #1
Cluelessly
I am new to Beliefnet and don't really now where to start. I went to church most my childhood and learned the basics (ten commandments, a few of the famous stories, John 3:16, etc.). I have been to church on and off the past 12 years but never really felt like I belonged or learned much. I have children and feel like one of my responsibilites as a parent is to teach them about God. I am failing there. I never feel like I am good enough. I am going through seperation/divorce and lost my mother and my job. This has been a really low point in my life but it hasn't gotten me down much because I know God has a plan for me and I know he will take care of us. I see his blessings every day. But I still feel like I am missing something. I never feel like I pray properly. Kinda just ho hum. I try to read the Bible but  get confused and give up. I know you don't read it from cover to cover like a book. I need to know where to start and how to read it and also need someone to discuss it with.  I had a thought yesterday -the Bible is a story from God and I want to know that story. I had never looked at it that way before. So I am all excited to know His story and be closer to Him and not feel clueless. Can anyone give me any pointers?
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2008 - 9:09PM #2
MisterC
Psalms
Job

Good luck, Clueless.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2008 - 10:16PM #3
Cluelessly
[QUOTE=MisterC;900420]Psalms
Job

Good luck, Clueless.[/QUOTE]

I am sorry if I sound like an idiot but that confuses me even more.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook