Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The problem with the Quran is the same with the Book of Mormon it seems they are
6 years ago  ::  Jun 06, 2008 - 4:21PM #1
AllpraisetoGodJesus1981
The problem with the Quran is the same with the Book of Mormon it seems they are both from the lord of this World not the Almighty lord of heaven and of the spirit.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2008 - 9:17PM #2
newmuslimlady
Your wrong!  The Lord of the Qur'an is the Lord of all the universes and all creation.   He's just not a man, son of man or a son of God.    Just totally and absolutely ONE in the true sense.  Like in the O.T., He is the Unseen and the Unheard.   Plain and simple as that.   Jesus(pbuh) never said he was God nor did he ever say worship me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2008 - 9:22PM #3
Sacrificialgoddess
And, precisely, what is the difference between the two of them and the bible?
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2008 - 10:55AM #4
Muhammad_Ahmad
Taken from Islam, Peace and Tolerance pp. 6-8

So God is described at the very beginning of the Qur’an as “Lord of all the worlds”, and is not the Lord exclusively of some particular nation. As Lord of all the worlds He sent His guidance to all nations, and Muslims are required to accept, as an article of faith, that the prophets and the Divine books of the earlier religions were sent by the same God. A Muslim accepts Abraham, Moses, Aaron, David, Solomon and Jesus as true prophets of God and as constituting a brotherhood to which the Prophet Muhammad also belongs. Whatever may be the views of a Muslim about the modern state of Israel, still he respects and honours the man after whom Israel is named, that is, the prophet Jacob. Muslims also accept the kingdoms of David and Solomon as the kingdoms of the prophets of God.

The second way in which the revelation of the Prophet Muhammad gave universal teachings was by declaring, in these words that “mankind is a single nation” (2:213). All its races, peoples, and religions are treated fairly and justly in God’s ordinance. The Qur’an clearly states:

“O mankind. We have created you from a male and a female, and made you tribes and families that you may have knowledge of one another. Surely the noblest of you with Allah is the most dutiful of you” – 49:13

Excellence is not based on race, heredity, colour, language or even religious label, but on integrity and regard for duty. Salvation is also not based on belonging to a chosen nation, or holding some dogmatic belief, or applying some religious label to yourself. The Qur’an refers to the claims of Jews and of Christians that “None shall enter the Garden except he who is a Jew, or the Chrisitans”. It rejects such claims as “vain desires”. It then does not go on to say: Not you, but Muslims will enter the Garden. Instead it says:

“Nay, whoever submits himself whole-heartedly to Allah and he is the doer of good to others, he is the one who has his reward from his Lord” – 2:112

It means that to whatever extent a person can do this, he receives his salvation accordingly. In another place the Quran tells mankind that:

“… for everyone of you We appointed a law and a way. And if Allah had pleased He would have made you on religious community, but He wishes to try you in what He has given you. So vie with one another in virtuous deeds. To Allah you will all return, and He will then tell you about your differences.” – 5:48

What different religions should compete in, is in doing of virtuous deeds, not fighting each other.

His revelation taught that everything should be based on principles of right and wrong, and not on favourtism towards the people of your own religion and injustice against others. Muslims are told:

“Help one another in works of righteousness and goodness, and help not one another in sin and aggression.” – 5:2

So Muslims must join their fellow Muslims in the doing of good works, but not in committing wrongdoing and injustice out of misguided support for one’s co-religionists. This verse also upholds the noble principle of correcting the people of your nation when they are on the wrong path. Muslims are also required to side with those who are truthful and not support those who act dishonestly, regardless of their religion:

“be with the truthful.” – 9:119

“do not plead the cause of the dishonest.” – 4:105
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2008 - 12:27PM #5
Chiyo

AllpraisetoGodJesus1981 wrote:

The problem with the Quran is the same with the Book of Mormon it seems they are both from the lord of this World not the Almighty lord of heaven and of the spirit.

The real problem is that all books have been penned by men, none have dropped whole from the sky and therefore, they are all suspect. But even so, some will worship them to the point of killing others in the name of Scripture, whether it is called "Bible" or "Quran" or whatever... For this reason, I call them all "blood-stained garbage".

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2008 - 10:05PM #6
Sacrificialgoddess

abu muslim wrote:

you can check out this link for some contradictions between the quran and the bible;
http://www.islamology.com/Overview/Scie … CIENCE.htm

Meh, the bible contradicts itself in places. The quran and the bible contradicting each other means very little.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2008 - 6:07PM #7
PeaceLoveandUnderstanding
This is why I'm glad I'm a U.U. because my religion doesn't judge other people of other religions, I am against Islamic literalism and Christian Fundamentalist Literalism.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2008 - 2:47PM #8
newmuslimlady
[QUOTE=PeaceLoveandUnderstanding;609855]This is why I'm glad I'm a U.U. because my religion doesn't judge other people of other religions, I am against Islamic literalism and Christian Fundamentalist Literalism.[/QUOTE]

We as Muslims just view our religion as the true religion of God.   Just like Christians or Jews, etc. believe their religion is the correct one. 

In the Qur'an it says that there is no complusion in religion.  We as Muslims are not suppose to try and force anyone to accept our faith, we are just suppose to tell people what our religion is about and it is up to them to accept or not.

Peace :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2008 - 7:26PM #9
LeahOne
"The Qur’an refers to the claims of Jews and of Christians that “None shall enter the Garden except he who is a Jew, or the Chrisitans”. "

Judaism states that the righteous of ALL nations shall ahve a share in the World to come - Judiasm has never preached anything remotely resembling 'exclusive salvation' as SOME sects of Christianity have.  Look at teh Noahide laws if you have any doubt.....

Newmuslimlady, I have never heard any Rabbi or any other Jewish leader suggest that our faith is the ONLY 'true' one.  This is just not a part of Judaism.  And it's offensive to us, because we do not go around telling people of other faiths that they are wrong in how they worship the one GOD.

I very much agree that the 'competition' between faiths should be in who can feed the most, hungry, right the most injustices, etc....  I only wish more people felt that way!
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook