Switch to Forum Live View newbie here, thoughts on ACIM? suggestions on further reading?
7 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2008 - 1:59AM #1
truth324
I'm new to the forum but i'm thrilled that something like this exists and that i can meet so many spiritually-interested people!

hey everyone, i was curious what you all thought of ACIM? 

I figured this was the right place to post this, as the text claims to be written by the historical jesus.

thoughts on the text?  between ACIM, disappearance of the universe and CWG, i feel like i've learned a lot, though I'm sure the 'canon' of valuable spiritual texts is much bigger than what i've been exposed to

where do you all get your spiritual fix?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 09, 2008 - 5:14PM #2
Bob_Bennett
Hello,

There is a separate board for ACIM, and you will soon find out that regulars on this board are not into spirituality, but only want to approach the historicalness of Jesus as a man, without any spiritual trappings.

I have immensely enjoyed Disappearance of the Universe, reread it now 3 X, and its sequel, "Your Immortal Reality".

I also get a spiritual fix from a series of books channeled by Judith Coates and entitled "Yeshua the Personal Christ".   There are now 5 volumes.    Check it out at   "www.oakbridge.org".
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2008 - 9:15PM #3
MisterC
[QUOTE=heterodoxus;544240]I apologize in advance if this might seem negative but, IMO, "courses" like ACIM are to spiritual seekers as are diet pills to the morbidly obese. In the end, the final anaylsis of ACIM might be that the only help it truly offers is to the bank accounts of its originators and publishers.

I suggest that if one has disposable income to spend on ACIM or whatever the trendy hope-in-a-book is tomorrow, spend in on lessons that will help you to read and write, but not necessarily speak, biblical (Koine) Greek. Then you can personally read the extant biblical manuscripts and fragments and develop your own informed conclusions regarding the content, and accuracy, of  one's perferred Bible translation.

FWIW[/QUOTE]

Or Arabic so you can read Maimonades (mispelled) ...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2008 - 10:48PM #4
whatson2nd
[QUOTE=truth324;457351]I'm new to the forum but i'm thrilled that something like this exists and that i can meet so many spiritually-interested people!

hey everyone, i was curious what you all thought of ACIM? 

I figured this was the right place to post this, as the text claims to be written by the historical jesus.

thoughts on the text?  between ACIM, disappearance of the universe and CWG, i feel like i've learned a lot, though I'm sure the 'canon' of valuable spiritual texts is much bigger than what i've been exposed to

where do you all get your spiritual fix?[/QUOTE]

Pulling your head out of your ass would be a much appreciated miracle, that and the moderators getting you off these boards would be even better.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook