Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Experiences with the Book of Mormon
10 years ago  ::  Feb 29, 2008 - 9:45AM #1
withwonderingawe
http://www.meridianmagazine.com/spiritj … nephi.html

I found this article and thought it was very good.

And it came to pass that I beheld that the rod of iron, which my father had seen, was the word of God, which led to the fountain of living waters, or to the tree of life; which waters are a representation of the love of God; and I also beheld that the tree of life was a representation of the love of God ( 1 Ne. 11:25 ).
“The iron rod, or the word of God, led to the love of God. The scriptures — the very book I held in my hands — contained the answer. As though to witness the truth of this, I felt the love of God begin to filter through my lead shield, and I was filled with wonder that I should have such an experience — that I should feel His love in that dark place where I seemed to dwell.”

I thought that maybe we could share some of our experiences while reading the Book of Mormon.
Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2008 - 12:28AM #2
bytebear
Interesting.  I like how both the tree and the water represent God's love.  I find it interesting that God's love is always flowing, but only if we drink it up does that love grow within us just like the tree..
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook