Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 5 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
10 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2008 - 10:35PM #41
PeterKane
Upon furthur reflection, sapiential could be a power move just as much as apocalyptic is, unless there is that egalitarian element stuck in with it.

Peter
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2008 - 8:03AM #42
RJMcElwain
It seems we've come to the end of our week with Bob Miller.

I want to thank Bob for taking his time to visit with us here on Beliefnet. Bob has been one of my long-time favorites among the Jesus Seminar Fellows. I appreciate his Scholarship, his clarity in writing and his communication skills, both in print and in public discussion.

Thank you, Bob
Robert J. McElwain

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." (Supposedly)Thomas Jefferson

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral."
St. Thomas Aquinas

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. Plato
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2008 - 8:57AM #43
MisterC
Thanks, Bob. That was an interesting week. I appreciated your candor and scholarship.
Dennis

ps. Don't forget to keep my (and Tertullian's) liturgy in mind... It's the perfect melding (or meddling) of the pre-modern and post-modern!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2008 - 3:02PM #44
RJMcElwain
Bob,

I didn't mean to cut you off early or short. And I appreciate you spending this extra day with us, beyond what I had hoped for. It's been a great week, and please feel free to join us ,anytime you'd like, in the future.

Thank you,

Bob
Robert J. McElwain

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." (Supposedly)Thomas Jefferson

St. Thomas Aquinas

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. Plato
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2008 - 10:54AM #45
RJMcElwain
To All,

I was incredibly impressed, this passed week, with both the questions and the answers. The level of erudition here is truly awesome.:)
Robert J. McElwain

St. Thomas Aquinas

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook