Page 13 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
Switch to Forum Live View How Jewish was Jesus?
4 years ago  ::  Jun 20, 2011 - 7:17PM #121
Blü

teilhard

Worried about?  He can be as Jewish as his authors wish - I'm cool with Jews.  Well, liberal Jews anyway.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 20, 2011 - 10:07PM #122
teilhard

So then ... Go in Peace(+) ...

Jun 20, 2011 -- 7:17PM, Blü wrote:

teilhard

Worried about?  He can be as Jewish as his authors wish - I'm cool with Jews.  Well, liberal Jews anyway.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 months ago  ::  Mar 15, 2015 - 5:58PM #123
Brainscramble

Jan 21, 2008 -- 10:40PM, haggaion wrote:

How does Jesus fit into the Judaism of his day?

I too believe that Jesus was the epitome of Jewishness.  I believe that the O.T. (Hebrew Scriptures) speaks of him throughout, and that he is the central theme of the Bible---the "offspring of the woman[God's heavenly organization]" mentioned at Genesis 3:15.  The Bible was written because Adam rebelled and God had men write it to let fallen humans know that there was going to be a Redeemer.  The Law given to Moses pointed ahead to the Messiah.  The Messiah was totally Jewish, in every way.  He fulfilled the Law, and he showed up right when Daniel prophesied that he would, in chapter 9.  He had kept the Law to the letter while he was alive on Earth.  He spoke to the religious leaders about their responsibility to teach God's Word, and showed them that they were failing in that.  To have said that doesn't make him less of a Jew.  It was the religious leaders that were being less Jewish, because they over-stepped the commands of God. (Matthew 15:3,7)

To our almighty God and Father (of Christ and ourselves):  "Show them you alone are JEHOVAH, the Most High over all the earth."  (Psalm 83:18)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 13 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook