Switch to Forum Live View The Pearl of Great Price
7 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2007 - 10:48AM #1
withwonderingawe
The Pearl of Great Price

This thread is for the reading and general comments concerning The Pearl of Great Price. It is hoped we can have a respectful discussion.

This address http://scriptures.lds.org/en/contents will take you to an online source for all of the scriptures used by the Church of Jesus Christ of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

“The Pearl of Great Price is a selection of choice materials touching many significant aspects of the faith and doctrine of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These items were produced by the Prophet Joseph Smith and were published in the Church periodicals of his day….”

Selections from the Book of Moses. An extract from the book of Genesis of Joseph Smith’s Translation of the Bible, which he began in June 1830. See History of the Church, vol. 1, pp. 98-101, 131-139.

The Book of Abraham. A translation from some Egyptian papyri that came into the hands of Joseph Smith in 1835, containing writings of the patriarch Abraham. The translation was published serially in the Times and Seasons beginning March 1, 1842, at Nauvoo, Illinois. See History of the Church, vol. 4, pp. 519-534.

Joseph Smith—Matthew. An extract from the testimony of Matthew in Joseph Smith’s Translation of the Bible. See [COLOR=#0000ff]Doctrine and Covenants 45: 60-61 for the divine injunction to begin the translation of the New Testament. [/COLOR]

Joseph Smith—History. Excerpts from Joseph Smith’s official testimony and history, which he prepared in 1838, and which was published serially in the Times and Seasons in Nauvoo, Illinois, beginning on March 15, 1842. See History of the Church, vol. 1, pp. 1-44, for the complete account.

The Articles of Faith of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. A statement by Joseph Smith published in the Times and Seasons March 1, 1842, in company with a short history of the Church that was popularly known as the Wentworth Letter. See History of the Church, vol. 4, pp. 535-541.
Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2007 - 7:45PM #2
bytebear
For anyone to get an ideal of early church history should start with Joseph Smith History.  The Articles of Faith are also very good for an overview of general church beliefs.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2008 - 12:12PM #3
nuitprincess
[QUOTE=bytebear;69532]For anyone to get an ideal of early church history should start with Joseph Smith History.  The Articles of Faith are also very good for an overview of general church beliefs.[/QUOTE]

i'm studying it as a muslim study but its one of my ministries to reach out to christians that are more Christ focused then ministry focused... feel free to go into it my favorite part is idumea but i like the christian perspective on what pagans like about scientologists.... any way    i use to go to both stake yearly meetings...
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2008 - 12:15PM #4
nuitprincess
[QUOTE=withwonderingawe;68028]The Pearl of Great Price

This thread is for the reading and general comments concerning The Pearl of Great Price. It is hoped we can have a respectful discussion.

This address http://scriptures.lds.org/en/contents will take you to an online source for all of the scriptures used by the Church of Jesus Christ of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

“The Pearl of Great Price is a selection of choice materials touching many significant aspects of the faith and doctrine of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These items were produced by the Prophet Joseph Smith and were published in the Church periodicals of his day….”

Selections from the Book of Moses.
An extract from the book of Genesis of Joseph Smith’s Translation of the Bible, which he began in June 1830. See History of the Church, vol. 1, pp. 98-101, 131-139.

The Book of Abraham. A translation from some Egyptian papyri that came into the hands of Joseph Smith in 1835, containing writings of the patriarch Abraham. The translation was published serially in the Times and Seasons beginning March 1, 1842, at Nauvoo, Illinois. See History of the Church, vol. 4, pp. 519-534.

Joseph Smith—Matthew. An extract from the testimony of Matthew in Joseph Smith’s Translation of the Bible. See [COLOR=#0000ff]Doctrine and Covenants 45: 60-61 for the divine injunction to begin the translation of the New Testament. [/COLOR]

Joseph Smith—History. Excerpts from Joseph Smith’s official testimony and history, which he prepared in 1838, and which was published serially in the Times and Seasons in Nauvoo, Illinois, beginning on March 15, 1842. See History of the Church, vol. 1, pp. 1-44, for the complete account.

The Articles of Faith of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. A statement by Joseph Smith published in the Times and Seasons March 1, 1842, in company with a short history of the Church that was popularly known as the Wentworth Letter. See History of the Church, vol. 4, pp. 535-541.
[/QUOTE]

to christian bnet groups i was ...bought    so i go to the wrong people and orc ministry is what i have the darkness but not the fire
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2008 - 12:12PM #5
nuitprincess
[QUOTE=bytebear;69532]For anyone to get an ideal of early church history should start with Joseph Smith History.  The Articles of Faith are also very good for an overview of general church beliefs.[/QUOTE]

i'm studying it as a muslim study but its one of my ministries to reach out to christians that are more Christ focused then ministry focused... feel free to go into it my favorite part is idumea but i like the christian perspective on what pagans like about scientologists.... any way    i use to go to both stake yearly meetings...
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2008 - 12:15PM #6
nuitprincess
[QUOTE=withwonderingawe;68028]The Pearl of Great Price

Selections from the Book of Moses.
An extract from the book of Genesis of Joseph Smith’s Translation of the Bible, which he began in June 1830. See History of the Church, vol. 1, pp. 98-101, 131-139.

[/QUOTE]

to christian bnet groups i was ...bought    so i go to the wrong people and orc ministry is what i have the darkness but not the fire
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook