Switch to Forum Live View Clairaudience and Spirit Guide Questions
3 years ago  ::  Nov 19, 2011 - 10:25PM #1
heatherlorrain
Here's a little backstory so as to help understand my questions a little more:
I was 13 years old and in my house when I heard someone say my name.  It was a man but did not sound like my dad.  I was next to the windwo and could see out of it, outside were both my mom AND dad.  Meaning I was in the house by myself.  I've heard the sound of kids laughing while being engrosed in a video game and I've heard someone call my name once before while I was lying in bed reading a book.  This all happened while I was living at home, 15+ years ago.  Since then I haven't heard anything.  Of each encounter I can tell you I was terrified and either ran out of the house, or hid under the covers.  When I asked my family if they heard kids laughing, I got weird looks.  

I've heard other people talking about being clairadeant but the way they describe it, it is like hearing a voice in your head.  Unfortunetly or maybe thankfully this was never the case for me.  It would literally sound like someone was standing right next to me saying my name, outloud.  I heard those words with my ears, not my mind.  I think this is why it freaked me out so much.

I am now older and I feel that I am at a place where I will be able to handle these types of things more effectivly.  I'm not exactly sure IF what I have is clairadiance OR if I'm just a little out there if you know what I mean.  Therefore I'm looking for extra insight and a little guidance.  Any would be helpful.

As to the second question, I would also like to work on my ability to contact my spirit guide.  I've had a few bad experiences in the past when it comes to meditating (seeing bloody faces and all....not a fun experience) but again I'm older and feel mentally able to handle the situation better.    I'm always curious though, WHEN you make contact with your guide, how sure are you that who you are talking to is from the other side OR if your just making something up?  I have quite the imagination and day dream constantly.  I would hate to find out I've made everything up.

Lots of info here, I'm sorry if it is a lot to read, just really curious and would like some helpful info.

THANKS!
Heather

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2011 - 11:13PM #2
Stardove

Nov 19, 2011 -- 10:25PM, heatherlorrain wrote:

Here's a little backstory so as to help understand my questions a little more:
I was 13 years old and in my house when I heard someone say my name.  It was a man but did not sound like my dad.  I was next to the windwo and could see out of it, outside were both my mom AND dad.  Meaning I was in the house by myself.  I've heard the sound of kids laughing while being engrosed in a video game and I've heard someone call my name once before while I was lying in bed reading a book.  This all happened while I was living at home, 15+ years ago.  Since then I haven't heard anything.  Of each encounter I can tell you I was terrified and either ran out of the house, or hid under the covers.  When I asked my family if they heard kids laughing, I got weird looks.  

I've heard other people talking about being clairadeant but the way they describe it, it is like hearing a voice in your head.  Unfortunetly or maybe thankfully this was never the case for me.  It would literally sound like someone was standing right next to me saying my name, outloud.  I heard those words with my ears, not my mind.  I think this is why it freaked me out so much.

I am now older and I feel that I am at a place where I will be able to handle these types of things more effectivly.  I'm not exactly sure IF what I have is clairadiance OR if I'm just a little out there if you know what I mean.  Therefore I'm looking for extra insight and a little guidance.  Any would be helpful.

As to the second question, I would also like to work on my ability to contact my spirit guide.  I've had a few bad experiences in the past when it comes to meditating (seeing bloody faces and all....not a fun experience) but again I'm older and feel mentally able to handle the situation better.    I'm always curious though, WHEN you make contact with your guide, how sure are you that who you are talking to is from the other side OR if your just making something up?  I have quite the imagination and day dream constantly.  I would hate to find out I've made everything up.

Lots of info here, I'm sorry if it is a lot to read, just really curious and would like some helpful info.

THANKS!
Heather

Hi Heather,

So sorry to take so long to read your post. We had company over the long week-end and somehow I missed your post before Thanksgiving.  Welcome to the Spiritualism forum. 

I do normally hear my guides within my thought patterns, but I have heard my name called out loud a few times when I was completely alone, and it was startling to me too.  Once I was outside working on some property we had for sale, but not living at and I truly expected my husband to come walking out the back door of the house.  He didn't.  I do believe I jumped that time.

When one begins the journey to work with spirits and the guides I believe we must use protection.  In other words say a prayer for protection.  One teacher I had at Spiritualist seminary said it was a law of God to pray we will come away from the experience (fill in the blank) as good or better than when we started.  It was actually a class in healing, but the prayer works for any spiritual work in my opinion and is necessary for protection.

Also ask one of your guides to protect you and guard the door to the spirit realm.  Some will use their joy guides who do appear as children although they are old souls.  Others might call upon their protector guide which could be a  Native American guide (if they have one).  The guide who does guard the door to the spirit realm could be called a doorkeeper. 

I hope you are enjoying reading the threads here.  Be sure to check out the Spirit Guides forum for more information about the spirit guides.  Both of these forums were very active at one time, but with the changes a few years ago the posts are now slow in coming.  It's good to see someone new here. Stardove

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The sun rises every morning and sheds light, vanquishing the night's darkness. The rooster also rises every morning only, unlike the sun, he simply makes noise. But the darkness of the night is dispelled by sunshine, not by the rooster's crowing.The world can use more light and less noise. Where I can, I want to be light.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2011 - 1:31PM #3
christine3
Hi Heatherlorraine (such a beautiful name),
I feel I should comment on your post because I do a lot of work with the spirit world.  Stardove gave good advice.

Well, not everybody has your experiences and so they can't understand what's happening with you until they have the same experiences.  I don't think anything is awry at all regarding your experiences.  You just have developed that ability.  I wish I had more of it myself! and so I constantly work on developing more of it.

Sometimes while meditating and we get into a little altered state of consciousness, we see into the spirit world like you did.  Sometimes when we see these things like you did with the bloody face, souls are coming to us for help.  Try to guide them to the higher spiritual worlds by talking with them, and picturing a place of beauty in your mind.  I often guide disincarnate souls to the higher spiritual worlds that way.  You'll know when they have left you when you feel a little "in-breath".
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2011 - 6:23PM #4
Stardove

Thanks Christine for your post.  Smile

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The sun rises every morning and sheds light, vanquishing the night's darkness. The rooster also rises every morning only, unlike the sun, he simply makes noise. But the darkness of the night is dispelled by sunshine, not by the rooster's crowing.The world can use more light and less noise. Where I can, I want to be light.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook