Switch to Forum Live View Faith and astrology
3 years ago  ::  Aug 15, 2011 - 12:39AM #1
RavenTESL
Hi everyone,

I'm new to Beliefnet and am exploring a new path of neo-Paganism. I've always had a fascination with astrology, and I would love to start studying.

My question is this: is there a place for astrology in the world of neo-Paganism? Are there places where they overlap?
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2011 - 2:56PM #2
Lynleef

I found this post very interesting for a couple of reasons. 1. I never herd of neo paganism before so I looked it up and now I know what it is.  Learn something new every day! and 2. because the poster asks the question is their a place for Astrology in the world of neo paganism? And being a big fan of Astrology I just could help my self.  I had to post.

Well the definition I found for neo paganism is:

Neo Pagans are a community of faiths bringing ancient Pagan and magical traditions to the modern age--including mostly Wicca but also Druidism, Asatru, Shamanism, Neo Native American and more.  Neo paganism is an umbrella term for various and diverse beliefs with many elements in common.  Some Neo Pagans find no in-congruence practicing Neo Paganism along with adherence to another faith, such as Christianity or Judaism.

Sounds like a very open minded flexible religion to me!

From what I learned Pagans as well as Druids studied Astrology.  It has been with us for eons and there have many people of many faiths that have studied Astrology.  Not all believe Astrology is evil. For goodness sakes my mother is a Catholic and she still studies Astrology.  The Neo Pagan religion seems to be based on diversity and open mindedness so I see no reason why a person of this faith could not study Astrology.  Plus the way I believe is if you feel that strongly about something look into it.  See what it's all about do some research. It well worth your time because even if you find you do not want to pursue learning Astrology you still Learned something new!

LaughingCheers

lynleef

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2012 - 8:17AM #3
Ksushil970

Astrology, for me, is not a faith but a very useful technology--a kind of Cosmic Weather Channel, if you will. I think my concept of faith is that the energy from everything we do goes out into the universe and comes back to us, nine times over.

Moderated by Beliefnet_community on Aug 25, 2012 - 09:23PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2012 - 12:29PM #4
Neilormsby

Remember to view the Full "blue" Moon in Pisces on the 31st August 2012, it should be very enlightening !

So be sure to make a wish on it and the Blue Full Moon will shine for you and all the things you do.

Best wishes. Neil

www.neilormsby.com

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook