Switch to Forum Live View Working With Mercury Retrograde
3 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2011 - 2:59AM #1
ManzanitaBear
Dead as this forum is, I have something to ponder here: I know very little about Mercury retrogrades except that they're supposed to be bad for things like communication, travel, and mechanical breakdowns. I've also heard that Mercury retrograde tends to bring on unexpected meetings with people from the past, and it's a good time to take stock of things.

I didn't consciously plan to work with the Mercury retrograde energy just now, but I see it happening anyway. Around the end of July/beginning of August, I found myself making a list of things I wanted and/or needed to do in my life and deciding that I should do something related to at least one of those things every day. One thing on the list was travel... I'd wanted to take some brief trips for some time and kept getting delayed by lack of money, a very frustrating and disorganized work situation (in fact, how that work situation came about and how it went made me think surely Mercury was retrograde in June and July... did I perhaps get hit with it early for some reason?).

Last week, I decided to hell with it, I'm going on a trip. The planned part of the trip took me close to a town I lived in years ago... I went to college there and hadn't really been back since I graduated. I then felt strongly compelled to go back and visit the town. So I did. I ended up being an unexpected visitor from the past for the 6 or so old friends/acquaintances I saw during that trip... a few who I sought out; one who I hadn't expected to still be there but happened to run into; and two more people who I just happened to walk by at the right moment, who were very surprised to see me. Sometime in there, I remembered the Mercury retrograde... it seemed that my decision to go back right then and contact the people I contacted was taking those chance encounters into my own hands. For them, it was completely unexpected. For me, it wasn't... although I really lucked out in finding a couple of them at home; they'd just gotten back from a trip themselves.

I had amazing good luck when it came to finding what I needed on the trip, my money holding out, and things working out in general. Not what I'd have expected based on what I've usually heard about Mercury retrogrades.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook