Switch to Forum Live View "No One Dies In Lily Dale"?
3 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2011 - 12:33PM #1
DotNotInOz
Anyone else seen this documentary who'd care to discuss it?

Made me want to visit there, that's for sure. Must be a lovely place to live for a Spiritualist although I don't think I'd enjoy winter there as close as it is to Buffalo!
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2011 - 1:51PM #2
Stardove

Dot, I did see the documentary a while back and enjoyed it very much. I am connected either on Facebook or Twitter with Lily Dale.  *think FB...

I went to a very similar place for seminary called Camp Chesterfield in Chesterfield IN.  It is a closed community where only Spiritualists are allowed to purchase homes with the Board of Directors approval.  I loved Camp Chesterfield.  The grounds just feel so holy and spiritual.  Great teachers/ministers/ healers, which of course are mediums live there.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2011 - 6:21PM #3
DotNotInOz
Did you want to scream at the Christian woman who climbed up on Inspiration Stump near the end and dedicated it to the Christian deities?

I was amusedby how she looked around carefully beforehand to be certain no one saw her, since she knew that was SO not done due to the fragile condition of the stump.

I just don't comprehend how people can do such things to others' icons! Is respecting holy objects of other faiths no longer seen as what a polite guest does?

I thought, though, that medium Gregory Kehn was not a good choice for a reading for her. It wasn't a reading so much as a verbal war between them, each repeatedly interrupting the other. Not likely to have a positive outcome...
But then, I suspected from the first view of this woman that she wasn't there to give Spiritualism a fair hearing. Perhaps she might've If Kehn's statements about her son's last years had not been so inaccurate?
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2011 - 7:31PM #4
Stardove

Dot, since it has been a while I may have to have another viewing to be able to discuss particulars.  I have slept a lot since I viewed the show. 

Star

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 08, 2011 - 5:00AM #5
DotNotInOz
LOL. I understand that status well, its opposite having read so many books that I now sometimes get one from the library unaware until I get into it that I've already read it. Must be karma getting me for teasing my mom about doing that. ;-)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 08, 2011 - 11:06AM #6
Stardove

Dot, I did notice last night I saved the show on the DVR, so I will be able to watch it again.  Now time time time... where will I find the time?  Maybe hidden in my closet.

I can do the same thing with books..I've read so many it's sometimes hard to remember..."Have I read this yet?"  lol.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook