Switch to Forum Live View Encouragement from Family Past and Yet to Be
4 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2011 - 7:58PM #1
Echo_of_me
A couple of decades ago my husband and I visited a Spiritualist Church  from time to time. Several members of the congregation were in our  weekly meditation and healing group, so we always felt comfortable  there.

The day of our first visit I was feeling pretty blue. I was neck deep in  therapy, recovering from long term childhood sexual abuse and torture.  It's the sort of healing work that gets worse before it gets better;  like lancing a boil, all that 'stuff' has to come out for the healing to  happen. It was very trying, I was exhausted and discouraged. It seemed  like I was only getting worse and I was ready to quit.

The evening before the visit, I was looking at some family albums with a  friend. She commented about the family portraits from my youth, that  our mouths were smiling but our eyes were sad. I responded, "We don't  have any happy family pictures."

The next day during our first visit to the church, at the end of  services, the minister, a gifted psychic, went around the congregation  bringing messages to those for whom she had received them, as was her  usual custom. She and I had not met at this point, so she asked my  permission to come to me. Of course I welcomed any message.

The minister said what she saw around me was unusual, (as compared to  the dead relatives she usually saw?). I thought, "Great, it figures I  get the freaky relatives!" What she told me was that I was surrounded by  family from ancient ancestors to contemporary deceased relatives to,  (this was the most unusual part), family yet to be born.

They had only one message for me:
"Don't give up, there will be many happy family pictures to come."

Of course that was the encouragement I needed to go on. I'm pleased to  say I stopped the family sickness and it's repercussions from touching  another generation.

Fast forward to my son's wedding this past summer. We all had a ball! We  laughed and played together like children throughout the family photos.  When we got them back from the photographer the brides family looked so  dignified, but our family was all over the place, laughing and cutting  up. Fortunately we calmed down for a few pictures, but even in those  we're smiling like we're holding back laughter.

A couple of days ago I was showing the pictures to a friend, and  commenting on what a bunch of nuts we look like. She answered........wait  for it.........
"You have a lot of happy family pictures!"

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2011 - 4:12PM #2
Stardove

Echo, your post had really touched my heart center and tears are brimming in my eyes.  Many blessings to you and your happy family. 

When we get confirmation of spirit like you did it does make us believers in the spirit realm.  The tears have fallen.  They are not tears of sadness as much as connecting with your spirit and your message.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The sun rises every morning and sheds light, vanquishing the night's darkness. The rooster also rises every morning only, unlike the sun, he simply makes noise. But the darkness of the night is dispelled by sunshine, not by the rooster's crowing.The world can use more light and less noise. Where I can, I want to be light.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2011 - 5:00PM #3
Echo_of_me
Thank you so very much Stardove.

It seems that the most important and profound parts of life are proven to oneself beyond a shadow of a doubt, in a moment, but cannot be proven to another. It's as though it is by design.

I logged in today with the intention of deleting myself/my information, and leaving Beliefnet. I've found more criticism than support for my spiritual journey here. The exact words in my mind as I read yours were, "no one here 'sees' me; no one connects with my spirit."

Thank you for delivering the very words I needed in the moment I needed them.

Peace
Echo
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2011 - 9:49PM #4
Stardove

Echo,  you are so welcome.  I'm delighted you posted what you did so I could share with you how your words affected me.  Please don't go any where.  I'm not sure which groups or forums you've been at, but find the ones you feel like staying with and avoid those which do not uplift your spirit.

Beliefnet is huge and has so much to choose from.  Click on the Beliefnet Forums upper left above posts under the orange banner to see all the different forums.  (I might have already shared this with you....)  Group are a whole other ball game.

Check into this group, if you haven't:

Sisters of Light and Love

You may have to send a request to join.  I can't remember, but it is an active group I believe you would enjoy.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The sun rises every morning and sheds light, vanquishing the night's darkness. The rooster also rises every morning only, unlike the sun, he simply makes noise. But the darkness of the night is dispelled by sunshine, not by the rooster's crowing.The world can use more light and less noise. Where I can, I want to be light.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2011 - 10:31PM #5
Echo_of_me
Stardove
Thank you
I'm staying here. When I get a message from the Spirit realm, I pay attention!
I've applied to the Sister's group. I hope they accept me, we'll see. It sounds like a kind and gentle group; I would like that.
I'm making better choices about forums, and having a better experience. It's starting to be an uplifting experience. Thank you for the part you have played in that.
Already, I'm learning and growing, guess you're never too old ;-)
Peace
Echo
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2011 - 1:35AM #6
Beliefnet_community

Echo, it's me Stardove.  I happen to be signed in at the Community profile.  I'm happy to read you aren't going anywhere.  That is great news.  Some forums can be toxic to the soul.  Those are the ones you don't have to go to. 

I don't get to the Sisters group often, but I do know it is an active group of "spiritual sisters".

Peace Love Stardove

We are listening! Problems, complaints, other issues? Send us a message at Beliefnet_community.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2011 - 10:44AM #7
Echo_of_me
It's taken 2 or 3 days of avoiding negative areas to get out of the line of fire; eventually sights were set on new targets. Oh well, people will be people. Truly, it has taken a lot of bumbling navigating to find my way to better places for myself. I'll keep at it when I have time, and build an experience of value here.

At my age one would think I wouldn't be shocked by people anymore! I like to believe that it's in remaining open and trusting that I remain vulnerable. I'm fond of a line from one of Jewel's songs: "...be careful with me, I'm sensitive and I want to stay this way." Haha, that's me!

Peace Stardove
Echo
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook