Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Where have all the Magicians gone....
5 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2011 - 3:48PM #1
Hello!?! anyone out there?

I had some questions concerning lodges and their training systems. Anyone have any good links for thelema or any other mordern cerimonial lodges. Any response regarding such is welcomed.

Beatus Esse!
Quick Reply
4 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2011 - 4:50AM #2

This has never been a very active area. Too bad. I think Beliefnet could use the leavening. Be that as it may...

Your best bet for a Thelemic lodge is probably a camp or lodge of the OTO--Ordo Templi Orientis. Unfortunately, unless you live in a major city or near one, you're unlikely to find one of those.

Any Thelemite I've talked to (admittedly not many since all my contacts have been online) was an ex-lodge member. Like most clubs, lodges are primarily useful for establishing social contacts, or so I was told. So, if you're the social type interested in meeting people, a lodge or camp may be useful.

Otherwise, there are so many terrific books available today--even a few explaining the structure of magickal lodges--that I don't know that I'd bother with a lodge myself even if I lived somewhere near one. But then, that probably testifies to the fact that I'm not much of a joiner and never have been.

Can suggest some useful books if you've not already acquired those.

Quick Reply
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Beliefnet On Facebook