Switch to Forum Live View Spellcraft through Tarot
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2011 - 3:45PM #1
Zavist
I have had amazing results useing my tarot cards within my spell casting. Has anyone else in this forum used their tarot cards in conjuction with spellcraft? What was yr experiance, I will share my notes if you share yrs ;)

Beatus Esse!
-Zavist-
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2011 - 6:52PM #2
writingal1

What is "spellcraft"?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2011 - 1:20PM #3
Zavist

Mar 28, 2011 -- 6:52PM, writingal1 wrote:

What is "spellcraft"?

Spellcraft, is a term that entails working, practicing and producing spells. A "spell" is an intentional (and sometimes unintentional) magical act. "Magic" is often described as "Causing Change in accordance with Will". So then "Spellcraft" could be understood as the working, practice and production of causing Change in accordance with Will. Many people use different ways of channeling magic through spellcraft, mine (as an example) is through tarot/ folk magic and wiccan spiritualism. My reason for starting this thread was to see if others that use Tarot, also use it as a medium for their spellcasting, and what results they had with this practice.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2011 - 1:41AM #4
Gabriela

Hey. I just found out I could use my cards in spellcasting, and I'm still reading about it. After all these years I never knew I could combine the two. Any good readings you can recommend?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2011 - 6:22PM #5
writingal1

Is "spellcasting" trying to change other peoples' lives without their knowledge or consent?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 08, 2011 - 12:11AM #6
Zavist

Apr 16, 2011 -- 6:22PM, writingal1 wrote:

Is "spellcasting" trying to change other peoples' lives without their knowledge or consent?

No. It is considered bad etiquitte to cast a spell on someone without their consent. There are a number of reasons for this. The person you are doing the spell for (without their knowledge) may not want the change you are creating, even if you think it is the best for them, if they have not consented to the spell you are casting then you are (in a magickal sense) manipulating that person to means that you see fit. Another reason is that perhaps the spell you are casting is not needed in that persons life, you are then just wasting energy and time. Yet another reason is that without the others knowledge of the spell, they may not be open to the change in energy you are creating thus making the spell ineffective.

Before performing a spell for another you MUST ask for their consent, further more, you must communicate with that person and make sure you and the other are fully understanding to what changes are needed in that persons life. Alot of the time, the "need" this person has can be obtained without magick. Magick is best used for oneself, since you know yrself and what you need better than anyone else. I am not saying that magick shouldn't be done for others, I am merely saying that if you were to cast for another you should ask for their consent first.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 08, 2011 - 12:18AM #7
Zavist

Apr 4, 2011 -- 1:41AM, Gabriela wrote:

Hey. I just found out I could use my cards in spellcasting, and I'm still reading about it. After all these years I never knew I could combine the two. Any good readings you can recommend?

I am glad you have discovered this wonderful medium for magick here is a book I have found to be very inspiring:

Tarot Spells by Janina Renee

It was from this book that I discovered the deck that I now use, the Robin Wood Tarot Deck.

Hope this helps,

Beatus Esse,

Zavist

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 20, 2011 - 2:09PM #8
writingal1

Zavist--thanks so much for the detailed answer to my question. Much appreciate the info.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 15, 2011 - 4:18AM #9
Gendenwitha

I used to dabble with it, but stopped.  The problem wasn't that it didn't work for spells, the problem is that you try and keep your cards as energetically "clean" as possible.  By not reading for the same person too often for instance. Cards need to be able to mean different things at different times. When you use one for a spell, you're putting too much of that spell's energy into one card, and it's too hard to "wash it back out" when you want to use the deck again for divinitation.

I have one deck (or part of a deck) that my toddler got into and I have given up hope of finding the rest of the cards to it.  I might hang on to what's left of those cards to use for spells, but that would be the only time I'd use it.

Or if I could draw, I might do a rendition of a card for a spell, but I'm not that artistically talented.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook