4 years ago  ::  Oct 01, 2010 - 5:40PM #1
Antiochian

I've tried using a pendulum a bit, and sometimes the answers seem to come, but at others not.  On two occasions the answers were wrong...  one of them involved a wrong answer as to the location of a lost object, the other the sex of the new baby in the family.

I cleanse the pendulum before each use.  I've established yes, no and maybe signals.  Is there a reason this form of divination hasn't always been working for me?  One friend mentioned I could have a block, but not sure what that means exactly... it could mean a lot of things.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 04, 2010 - 9:53AM #2
BeerLover

Hello Antiochian, and welcome to this little (cobwebby) corner of cyberspace.  It used to be quite a place long ago.  You have come to the right place to talk about your pendulum, I'm afraid.  Maybe some others with more pendulum experience will offer their opinion.

I'm not a big pendulum fan myself, but I'll take a stab at you question all the same.  It could very well be you are not doing anthing wrong.  Bear in mind, a pendulum or any other divination tool will not unlock the secrets of the universe for you.  It will not find soul mate or even your car keys.  Pendulums, like divining rods are not 100%.  To expect the pendulum will could answer every question put to it is an unrealistic expectation.  Near as I can tell, they work from your own subsonscious, which is a pretty powerful thing, but not all-knowing.  So the pendulum will not be all-knowing.  My advice, at least in this initial post, is get to know your pendulum.  Get to know its strengths and weaknesses, what areas it has good accuracy, also what mental state you need to be in to make it work.  And as you use the pendulum more, and get better acquainted with it, you will understand its powers and limitations.

So have some fun with your new divination tool.  Relax, try to focus on what it can do well and use it for those purposes.  And please post more.  It's been pretty lonely around here lately.

Blessings on your journey,

BeerLover

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 05, 2010 - 4:42PM #3
Antiochian

Hi there!  Thanks for your suggestions.  I've just been going by what I've been told and what I've read about how to use them.  But what you wrote makes sense.  At first, the pendulum didn't respond at all, hence my friend telling me to try and find "the blockage" within myself and fix it.  Obviously, I could ask the pendulum whether I could survive a 50 foot jump off a building, and get a yes answer for whatever reason...  and I'd be pretty stupid to try it.

I do a little tarot as well, but am far from an expert.  Perhaps the best form of divination is just going by what our "gut" tells us, good old intuition.  But sometimes, my intuition could use a bit of a boost.  Lack of time is part of why I don't "play" with these things more often.  I work, I'm tired, end of story.  Someday, perhaps I'll somewhat master the cards. 

Sad to see some good online forums dying out.  What do you do?  Fads come and go, and now folks are tweeting (I have no idea how to and see no need for it!).   

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2010 - 2:14PM #4
solful1

I've used tarot cards for about 20 years, and maybe 6 years or so ago I got exposed to the pendulum and have used that since. I don't consider myself an "expert" at tarot, but at least with my cards and most the readiings I've given to close people of mine the cards seem like a more un-biased and meaningful divination tool. I don't want to use the word "accurate" but I guess that's the best word I can use, because the cards do seem more accurate than the pendulum.

The results I get with the pendulum seem to be about 50-60% accurate as a "divination" thing. I haven't studied them as much as I have the cards, so perhaps there is something I could be doing "wrong" but even with my cards I don't do much "extra" stuff when I use them; stuff like getting into a "meditative" mood, wrap my cards in velvet, sleep with them under my pillow, etc. I generally keep these things somewhat secluded from my regular stuff, and when I do any readings I try to be objective as I can...well maybe I do get into a little bit of meditative state of mind too.

I think I agree a lot with what Beerlover said about the pendulum being in tune with the subconscious. My biggest complaint is that most of the time that the "answers" are inaccurate, it was because the pendulum indicated what I "wanted" to hear. As objective as I try to be, usually I do have some level of "hope" that my intuition or hunch is "correct", so I can see how the pendulum may be just picking up on that level of energy I have. I don't get the same results with my cards. I can be fairly hopeful with my spreads too and still get a "nay" when I want a "yes".

And as BL suggested, this type of stuff should be approached with a grain of salt anyway. I believe that very few things destined "to be" are non-negotiable. We always have Free Will to make whatever choices or do whatever actions we want--which could affect our destiny.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 15, 2011 - 4:27AM #5
Gendenwitha

I get good results with a pendelum, but found it most helpful when reading cards to determine if I'm interepeting a card right... not just yes or no, but sometimes when I feel I'm missing something, I'll get a weak yes, look deeper, see there's more to it, and then get a stronger yes.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook