Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The Amazing Power of the Words - "I AM THE LIGHT"
4 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2010 - 2:38AM #1
Jonathen

As an Atheist  a year ago I did not believe in demons or spirits.  I am having to report that my world view has been shaken in the recent past, and even more so as of yesterday.  What a strangeness from all previous perceptions this "awakening" can be!

In our apartment as I write this, there is on on a bedroom door,  a paint blister from yesterday that is bigger than than a 16 ounce bottle of soda pop.  At about sunset testerday, a demon (Yes, they are apparently real!) appeared as a shadow  to my 8 year old daughter again last evening, but she was courageous and more than ready to do battle.  When she declared aloud, "I AM THE LIGHT", as recommended by our Spirit Guide,  the shadow screamed and was instantly incinerated as it attempted to escape through the closed door.

In light of this it  has occurred to me that these worrds would be most useful for inclusion in your practice of daily meditation.  The, "I AM  THE LIGHT",  declaration makes for one superb mantra, which might be inserted into any of your daily meditations.  For me, they are going to be included in  words and thought to the maximum extent that I am capable,  ... 24/7.

And the real beauty of God's grace is this:  Any individual who simply practices Christ's Golden Rule to "love one another as thyself" is eligible to claim their Light.  Want to try it one time,just for practice; "I, ... your name  Am the Light!"  Now isn't that empowering!   But a word to the wise, whenever you say or think these words keep a little fire extinguisher nearby just in case.

In the Love and Light of the One True Creator.              - Namaste, Jonathan

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2010 - 7:41PM #2
Dunamus3

Interesting.  I do not doubt what you have written, only we were taught to do warfare in the name of Jesus, and it works.  No doubt, demonic forces are very real, and sometimes, will manifest themselvers.  However in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth we do have the victory.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2010 - 10:38PM #3
Jonathen

You are quite right, Dunamus3, in that the Love and Light of the One True Creator is that very same "Christ Consciousness" manifested in the Person of Jesus Christ.  The "Christ Conciousness" is Christ Jesus's Message of Pure Love in Action, as expressed in the Golden Rule; to love God first, and our "neighbor" as we do ourselves.  Those who heed the message of Jesus Christ are the Children of Light, Children of the One Infinite Creator.  Those who serve only themselves without lovingkindness toward others are not. 

Blessings upon you, Dunamus3, for being the Child of Light.    - Namaste, Jonathan

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2010 - 4:21PM #4
Dunamus3

Namaste, Jonathen.  May the love of God continue to enfold you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2010 - 6:26PM #5
In2thlight

Another great phrase to use when trying to "clean house"is, "In the name of Jesus, nothing and no one are allowed to enter who are not here to serve my better good."  This as helped in my house especially to rid of all shadows and keep them at bay.

I am new to this threadline and as of this post haven't read the previous entries, but I do have to say welcome to the Light!  The Christ Light is wonderful to be showered in and be filled with awe by. 

I have to agree that it was odd to see that saying yourself, "I am the Light", but I have to say this.  With the conviction to which it was said, the protective and loving power of the Light of Jesus Christ flowed through you to protect your family and be rid of this demon.  That is the amazing thing about the whole experience!

Whether we have believed in the past or not, when we see that small crack in the darkness where the Light begins to get in we are already on the path to truth.  As we get closer to the crack in the darkness, it begins to widen until we are completely enfolded in it.  Once we drink it in and it becomes part of us, we know the full magnificence of the Christ within us all!

Blessings to you and your family.  From the sounds of it, your home is brighter than it has ever been before.  Even in the dark.

In2 

Prov 23:12 Don't refuse to accept criticism; get all the help you can.

Revelations 3:8  When God leads you to the edge of the cliff, trust Him fully and let go, only 1 of 2 things will happen, either He'll catch you when you fall, or He'll teach you how to fly!

The journey has only begun.  Spread your wings with me!  Let's Fly!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2010 - 9:02PM #6
belleo

At the end of the gospel of Mark, the risen Christ says to the Apostles :

Go into the worldand preach the gospel to the whole creation . He who believes and is baptized will be saved ; but he who does not believe will be condemned . And those signs will accompany those who believe :in my name they will cast out demons ; they will speak in new tongues ; they will pick up serpents , and if they drink any deadly thing , it will not hery them ; thye will lay hands on the sick , and they will recover.

Just me
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2010 - 9:34PM #7
Jonathen

Thank you In2thlight and belleo for your thoughtful responses.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2010 - 2:13PM #8
Stephenway

This reminds me of the song that goes, “This little light of mine; I’m gonna let it shine.”  It is not so much that the light is little, but we humble ourselves to consider our light as ‘little’ when compared to the source of the light.

The Light that shined on the people in darkness showed the way out of the darkness.  So Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.  He came in love and real love does not come without the truth.  The truth brings understanding.  So if we say that 'light' is understanding, would that turn on a light in anyone’s head.  So light, truth, love, and understanding are all a part of the way to life.

But Jesus said that if you love your life, you would lose it.  But if you hate your life, you would save it.  But in the Greek life could be translated from psuche, bios, and zoe.  If you hate this psuche life which is this materialistic world, you can gain your zoe life which is the abundant life that lets your light shine.

But demons are from the darkness, and this little light of mine can dispel all demons.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2010 - 4:34PM #9
In2thlight

AMEN, Stephenway!

Amen

Prov 23:12 Don't refuse to accept criticism; get all the help you can.

Revelations 3:8  When God leads you to the edge of the cliff, trust Him fully and let go, only 1 of 2 things will happen, either He'll catch you when you fall, or He'll teach you how to fly!

The journey has only begun.  Spread your wings with me!  Let's Fly!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2010 - 8:05PM #10
belleo

But demons are from the darkness, and this little light of mine can dispel all demons

"He who pretends to control the spirits and give them orders sooner or later is controlled by and ordered around by the spirits " I wrote that in my jouranl some years ago . I forget the name of the author

Just me
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook