Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View The Amazing Power of the Words - "I AM THE LIGHT"
4 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2010 - 9:12PM #11
In2thlight

Sep 7, 2010 -- 8:05PM, belleo wrote:

But demons are from the darkness, and this little light of mine can dispel all demons

"He who pretends to control the spirits and give them orders sooner or later is controlled by and ordered around by the spirits " I wrote that in my jouranl some years ago . I forget the name of the author

I agree because when we attempt to tell the spirits what to do we are not showing them the respect they deserve.  We are placing them at a level lower than ourselves.  Even in the spirit world, we are all equals, just different in form.  They are here to guide us, love us, comfort us, teach us.  Not to do our bidding.  When we expect them to bring harm, cause a winfall, or any other command that is based within our ego or selfish mind, we are actually allowing ourselves to be controlled by them.  If they do "our biddings", then they are not here to help us.  It is a trickery that is used to "get in" and control you.  You are quite right, and I'm sure that someone who can quote a passage much quicker than I can insert somewhere from the Bible that tells how Satan uses this trickery to control us and turn us away from God (runon sentence, sorry).

If we "dispel" a demon through our little lights, it is with the Light of Christ we do so.  We are commanding that they are not to be with us because they are not for our better good.  Demons try to extinguish the Light so we have to make it a little brighter!

Prov 23:12 Don't refuse to accept criticism; get all the help you can.

Revelations 3:8  When God leads you to the edge of the cliff, trust Him fully and let go, only 1 of 2 things will happen, either He'll catch you when you fall, or He'll teach you how to fly!

The journey has only begun.  Spread your wings with me!  Let's Fly!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2010 - 10:55PM #12
Stephenway

I apologize for not being clear.  I didn't really, exactly mean 'this little light of mine'.  Actually, it was basically a kids song (hey, I'm 58 and still a kid), but that light could only be 'mine' because it was a gift from the Greater Light that was shown in Christ.  But if Christians have Christ in our lives, then the light never really is a 'little' light.  I'm no linguist, but I think I'm trying to use what they call euphemism (if I'm using the right term, and if I spelled it right).

Unfortunately, it's up to me to let that light shine, and ashamedly, I must confess that I don't let it shine as I should.

Language is a peculiar thing.  I think I know what the words mean that I try to use, but does the one I'm speaking to think they mean the same thing I do?  Love, Steve

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2010 - 6:06AM #13
belleo

If we "dispel" a demon through our little lights, it is with the Light of Christ we do so.  We are commanding that they are not to be with us because they are not for our better good.  Demons try to extinguish the Light so we have to make it a little brighter!

We live in a society that  adheres to falsehoods without knowing it at times. Following a few examples .

"Your only gonna live once man live it up ."

"The devil - I don't believe in an evil entity that exists , it is just the weight of evil in man and in society that causes our darkness ." Words of a liberal priest , theologian .

Jesus our loving savior , foresaw these attitudes and he said :"When these things begin to take place , stand erect , hold your head high , because your liberation is near at hand ."Luke 21:28

"The light will be with you only alittle longer now . Walk while you have the light , or the dark will overtake you ; he who walks in the the dark does not know where he is going . While you still have the light , believe in the light and you will become sons of light ." John 12 :35,36

Just me
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2010 - 6:38AM #14
belleo

Sep 7, 2010 -- 10:55PM, Stephenway wrote:

I apologize for not being clear.  I didn't really, exactly mean 'this little light of mine'.  Actually, it was basically a kids song (hey, I'm 58 and still a kid), but that light could only be 'mine' because it was a gift from the Greater Light that was shown in Christ.  But if Christians have Christ in our lives, then the light never really is a 'little' light.  I'm no linguist, but I think I'm trying to use what they call euphemism (if I'm using the right term, and if I spelled it right).

Unfortunately, it's up to me to let that light shine, and ashamedly, I must confess that I don't let it shine as I should.

Language is a peculiar thing.  I think I know what the words mean that I try to use, but does the one I'm speaking to think they mean the same thing I do?  Love, Steve

Hi Steve , None of us are linguists here . We learn from one another . Our cultures are different on BNet . It's a good  thing . Jesus is the light of the world . We have his light by baptism . Jesus was obedient on his journey on earth . We too have to live in obedience to God who loves us .

Just me
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook