4 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2010 - 1:26PM #1
Lauras2112

Just wanted to stop in and say "Hi" to this forum! (I'm new to Beliefnet and I am loving it here so far!)

I wanted to ask if anyone here is familiar with Lunar Astrology.  I have not heard much about it- it seems like there is little focus on it, which confuses me, since the moon is the closest celestial object to our planet!  The moon affects so much about daily life on Earth.  I feel a lot of closeness with it as I'm sure many do. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's a very strong energy I feel.

To anyone who knows about Lunar Astrology, how does it interact with the Solar Zodiac?  How do you "read" the moon and its phases?  Any links/documents/info or personal experience would be great!  Thank you!

..."jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden" />

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 30, 2010 - 12:21AM #2
Kartari

Hi and welcome. Smile

The moon is certainly very important to all forms of astrology to my knowledge, though I understand it is even more important in Vedic (Indian) astrology.  But even in Western astrology (which is the only type I am well studied in), the Primal Triad is the most important triplet of factors, and it includes the moon (as well as the sun and the ascendant).

The moon is associated with the emotional nature, whereas the sun is associated with the ego or identity of the person.  A Saggitarius with a Pisces moon could, for example, be a very gregarius and adventurous personality with an uncanny (perhaps psychic) sensitivity to the feelings of others, along with moods that shift, depending largely on what others are feeling around them... or whatever other feelings they may be psychically picking up.  Whereas a Pisces with a Sag moon might have a more "invisible" or spacey personality, but can be emotionally quite the happy optimist in general, albeit with a tendency to intellectualize their emotions (rather than know what they are really feeling).

This Wikipedia article has some interesting info about the moon in astrology.  The moon's phases are not something I have gotten into very deeply.  But one thing I always found particularly interesting is that, if you understand aspects, the full moon always occurs when the sun opposes the moon, the new moon always occurs when the sun conjuncts the moon, and the first and last quarters always occur when the sun squares the moon.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 10:06PM #3
christine3

Hello, can somebody please help me?  I need to find out how I can find out the syzygy for the months of 2012.  Thanks!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2012 - 2:09AM #4
Ksushil970

Lunar Astrology is Moon Astrology, the lunar sign is the second most important zodiac placement in a person's chart, very few people actually know what sign their Moon is placed in.

World Famous Love Astrologer

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook