Switch to Forum Live View Cancer on the Cusp, Need Some Help
5 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2010 - 2:30PM #1
BeerLover

OK, here's the deal.  I am a Cancer, born June 30, which technically puts me on the cusp of Gemini.  I've always been comfortable with the crab characterization- a bit eccentric, homebody, hard shell, softie on the inside, etc.  A friend of mine recently said I should get in touch with my Gemini side (I have a Gemini moon in my natal chart, and Leo rising).

What does she mean, "get in touch with my Gemini side?"  I briefly looked at characteristics of a Gemini.  They seem so different than my comfortable Cancer.  Also, Gemini is supposed to end on summer solstice, a pretty sharp break.  Do I have a Gemini side?  what do I do with it?

Sort of an astrology neophyte here.

BeerLover

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2010 - 4:28PM #2
ManzanitaBear

I'm a neophyte, too, but here's my two cents:

All of us have all of the signs in our birth charts. How they affect you depends on which planets you have in those signs and which houses. The sign most people think of when they think of astrology is sun sign... as you did when you identified yourself as a Cancer. People who've entered astrology first grade, not just kindergarten, where most people are, will also think of moon sign and rising sign. But everyone's birth chart encompasses all the signs, so everyone has a Gemini side... and a Cancer side... and a Leo side... and a Virgo side... and everything else.

The house cusp(s) you have in Gemini gives a clue as to which areas of your life Gemini rules, so to speak. With Leo rising, your eleventh house cusp is probably in Gemini (though not necessarily; some birth charts are more complicated than that). If you have any planets in Gemini, that's also a clue as to what areas of your life and personality are affected--not only which planets they are, but the aspects they make with other planets in your chart.

I don't know enough about astrology to fill in the details. Hope Kartari pops in; he's the most knowledgeable astrology board regular.

Oh, and happy birthday!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2010 - 2:01AM #3
Kartari

Jun 16, 2010 -- 4:28PM, ManzanitaBear wrote:

I'm a neophyte, too, but here's my two cents:

Well done, I'll add my own input in a bit.

Hope Kartari pops in; he's the most knowledgeable astrology board regular.

Regular, lol!  If you call once every three months regular these days.  Good to see you, hope all is well.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2010 - 2:59AM #4
Kartari

Hi BeerLover,

I'll add a bit to what MB has so far responded with, which is all true.  There are really ten celestial bodies that matter most in astrology readings: the luminaries (Sun and Moon) and the eight planets aside from Earth (including Pluto).  Other factors are equally important, including the houses and aspects... but this is tmi for now.

The Sun, the Moon and the Ascendant are, as MB said, the three most important components of the astrological birth chart.  The sign that the Sun falls into at the time of your birth (Cancer in your case) describes your general personality or ego identity... for example, all Cancers have a strong emotionally-oriented take on life.  The Moon sign (Gemini in your case) describes your emotional nature... for example, Gemini Moon people tend to have short-lived, quick shifting emotional moods, and have more nervous energy or restlessness in general.  The Ascendant describes how you come across to others, and is regarded as the mask you wear to the world, how you dawn on others at first.  Leo rising is a fun guy, someone who knows how to have a good time with others, and perhaps even performs for others in some way (e.g. acting, musician, etc.).

The fun begins in putting all these seemingly contradictory signs together into a cohesive whole person.  What is interestingly reflected in astrology though is how we humans are complex people, with all these energies that come out in varying but distinct ways.  Only a skilled astrologer can put all your chart's many intertwined factors together for you in a sensible and accurate way, but in the meantime I can take a quick stab at your Primal Triad, as these three main factors are called.

Having a Cancer sun and Leo rising, though other chart factors may change this, based on this alone I'd say you do tend to grab the attention of others... they just notice something about you.  An unintended center of attention, you might say.  Friendly and warm, you inwardly would ironically be more shy or nervous perhaps... but ironically you appear quite natural at being in the company of others and enjoying a fun time.  You can play roles well, I'd guess, either hiding your sensitivity and restlessness behind the role at hand, or expressing yourself creatively and enthusiastically in some way.  Of course, the sign Mercury governs talkativeness, so that would indicate how talkative you actually are (if in Cancer for example, you'd be rather untalkative, but if in Gemini, you'd tend to never shut up).  Also, I see this combo as rather creative, maybe you want to express yourself creatively in some way.

As for being on the cusp, you're actually well into Cancer being over a week away from the solstice.  But having a Gemini moon nonetheless gives you a strong Gemini influence, particularly over your emotional nature, as I described above.  I could go on but it's time for bed.  Hope this helps.  If you're really interested in knowing a lot more about what astrology says about you though, you should consider making an appointment with a pro.  Astrology is really a very complex study, and it requires a lot of practice and interpretive skill to accurately utilize.  The sun sign is just the tip of the iceberg.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook