Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
4 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2010 - 2:34PM #1
Jupiter6208

Hello everyone,

My Question is Can one be Spiritual and believe in Jesus Christ?

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

What the heart loves, the will chooses, and the mind justifies.”

― Thomas Cranmer
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 01, 2010 - 9:29AM #2
Nikki

Spiritualism doesn't have the formal structure of a denominational institution.  Spirtualists can believe whatever they want, so long as it promotes goodness and humanity.  I know many spiritualists who believe in Jesus, in fact I think Jesus is worth believing in.... It's the sanctions of christianity that pose a problem for spiritualists, not Jesus.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 01, 2010 - 1:16PM #3
Jupiter6208

I agree 110% with you.

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

― Thomas Cranmer
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 03, 2010 - 2:32AM #4
Stardove

Spiritual and Spiritualism are also two different things.  Although Spiritualists are spiritual.

Spiritualists believe that the soul survives death and in communication with those that have crossed over to the other side.

Being spiritual is what we really are.  We are all human beings having a spiritual experience.

It is correct that some Spiritualists are Christians while others may not be.

Welcome to the forum.

Host Spiritualism ~ Stardove

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 03, 2010 - 12:54PM #5
Jupiter6208

I agree  so what would one call themselves if they see them selves as spiritualists but have a love for Jesus  would you still call yourself Chirstian?

― Thomas Cranmer
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 03, 2010 - 6:39PM #6
Jupiter6208

May 3, 2010 -- 2:32AM, Stardove wrote:

Spiritual and Spiritualism are also two different things.  Although Spiritualists are spiritual.

Spiritualists believe that the soul survives death and in communication with those that have crossed over to the other side.

Being spiritual is what we really are.  We are all human beings having a spiritual experience.

It is correct that some Spiritualists are Christians while others may not be.

Welcome to the forum.

Host Spiritualism ~ Stardove

Thank you Stardove!

― Thomas Cranmer
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 04, 2010 - 1:58AM #7
Dragonflys

May 3, 2010 -- 12:54PM, Jupiter6208 wrote:

I agree  so what would one call themselves if they see them selves as spiritualists but have a love for Jesus  would you still call yourself Chirstian?

yes. and i have found it really does take a spiritualist to believe Jesus is more than just a man ! LOL

BLUE SKY DREAMS
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 04, 2010 - 7:06AM #8
Jupiter6208

But  i really see myself  more Spiritual then Religious i really don't subscribe to the man made  institutions  so that being said if that's the way i feel and i still love Jesus  that would not make me a Christian still would it?  and the definition of Christian is a follower of Jesus,  so anyone who loves Jesus would be considered a Christian? very confusing......

― Thomas Cranmer
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 10, 2010 - 12:32AM #9
Stardove

May 4, 2010 -- 7:06AM, Jupiter6208 wrote:

But  i really see myself  more Spiritual then Religious i really don't subscribe to the man made  institutions  so that being said if that's the way i feel and i still love Jesus  that would not make me a Christian still would it?  and the definition of Christian is a follower of Jesus,  so anyone who loves Jesus would be considered a Christian? very confusing......

I believe there are many people who are not religious, but walk the path which Jesus is said to have walked.  The Christ can be our greatest example of love.  Only the person can decide what they want to be called. 

Christianity can be about the dogmas of the religion, just as many other world religions have their dogmas.  The do-s and don't-s of the religions are the dogmas.  While spirituality is that spark of Creator in all of us. IMHO.

Christ said to look inside yourself for the kingdom of God. 

PS.  Sorry to take so long to get back to the forum.  Hubby and I were gone 6 days and I'm still playing catch up after being home four days. 

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 10, 2010 - 7:06AM #10
Jupiter6208

Thank you Stardove  Excellent answer.

― Thomas Cranmer
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook