Switch to Forum Live View Magic belonging to us
5 years ago  ::  Sep 21, 2009 - 7:51AM #1
Thoughts2009

Master said,

"If you, as Dafa disciples, want to effect change in a person when you clarify the truth and want to save him, you must not arouse the negative elements in that person. You must hold to being shan, and only then can you resolve problems that may arise and save that person."

"For a cultivator, looking within is a magical tool."

("Fa Teaching at the 2009 Washington DC International Fa Conference")

Master clearly advises practitioners of the ways to save sentient beings, and the importance of cultivating compassion. I have an experience and understanding that I would like to share in this regard.

In 2004, when I was practicing Fa the man suddently came near me and want to tear the zipper off my jacket. I resisted. He slapped me on my face. I shouted at him, "You slap me! You will get karmic retribution!" He slapped me again and said to me evilly, "Do you see me getting karmic retribution?" Although he slapped me hard, I did not feel hurt. I knew it was Master who endured it for me. I looked inward, "I did not cooperate with the evil's request and command, which is what Master asks us to do. There is nothing wrong with that. Then why was I slapped?" The fellow practitioner said to me, "You should continue to look inward. You will figure it out." It turned out I still have the competitive mentality: in another words, I am a Dafa practitioner, whoever hurts me will get karmic retribution! By holding this thought, I had put myself higher up.

That is magic belonging to us, fellow practitioners.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 21, 2009 - 12:29PM #2
DAH54

Hello and welcome to Folk Magic! I'll be honest and acknowledge that I'm not sure I understand just how your post relates to the concept of folk magic? This area is not for the discussion of "organized religions", which on the surface your post appears to be about?

DAH54

Beliefnet Community Host

Folk Magic

For Technical support visit

> Dah's User to User Self Support <

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2009 - 7:42PM #3
Thoughts2009

I am really sorry for the mistake and thank you for your reminding .

Sue

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook