5 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2009 - 3:32PM #1
catboxer

Tomorrow marks a significant place in the calendar, if you put any stock in the idea that numbers mean something.

For me, nines signify endings -- and new beginnings. So at the moment, I find 09/09/09 to be an auspicious number, since I believe that today we are in a social and historical situation where we are facing many things which must and will end. But this is not a political or ethics board, so I don't want to get into that here.

Tomorrow's date is significant enough that Yahoo! News is running a story about it. Among other interesting facts, this article notes that:

Any grade-schooler could tell you, for example, that the sum of the two-digits resulting from nine multiplied by any other single-digit number will equal nine. So 9x3=27, and 2+7=9.

Multiply nine by any two, three or four-digit number and the sums of those will also break down to nine. For example: 9x62 = 558; 5+5+8=18; 1+8=9.

Sept. 9 also happens to be the 252nd day of the year (2 + 5 +2)...

See also the Beatles' prophetic Revolution Number 9, which was made at the end of the sixties, in 1969, and might be the first time an artist used sampling in this way.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2009 - 10:01PM #2
Dreamweever2

Hey Catboxer, did you know that tomorrow is the release date for the Beatles Remastered?

berzin.blogspot.com/2009/07/beatles-rema...

Cool huh? I'm hoping to see good things ahead, so it will be great if the influences of 9/09/09 are positive.

Take care

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2009 - 10:12PM #3
Lavenderfrog

I've always felt comforted by numbers in some kind of sequence.  I like looking at the clock and seeing that it is 12:34.  It's strange, but when numbers line up, it just seems like it should mean something.  I always hope that it means something good!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2009 - 2:03AM #4
Dreamweever2

Hi Laverderfrog, I saw your post and thought I'd mention something you might want to check out. If you go to the Angels forum here on Beliefnet, there is a thread on there that I believe is called "angel numbers". It's about seeing those kinds of numbers especially on clocks and  in other places and situations too. It also lists meanings for numbers. I thought you might be interest in seeing that thread too. Welcome to Beliefnet. I think you find all kinds of interesting things here. It's a pretty neat place. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2009 - 10:41PM #5
catboxer

Dreamweever, thanks for the cool link. I had heard about this from someone else, but hadn't seen the product.

Today was an interesting day -- lots of work, as class resumes tomorrow. And class is, interestingly enough, coming to an end.

I'll be leaving here soon and moving to Seattle. I'll miss the trees, the water, the peace and quiet, but I won't miss having long drives to get anywhere.

Nines are big changes.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 10, 2009 - 12:08AM #6
Dreamweever2

Hi Catboxer. You're welcome for the link. You sound like you are ready for those changes. I think that is understandable. I hope things go well for you with the move and the classes.

Today I spent most of the day with my daughter and youngest son. I was pretty much being a sounding board for them. They are young, 26 and 18 respectively, and they are trying to take care of their grandparents on their fathers side. It's a big job for them, and all I can really do is try to share with them what I learned from taking care of my mom before she passed. It's kind of a balancing act for me since I am no longer part of that family, and at the same time trying to help my kids with the situation.

I'm looking back at the events of the day, and I don't know where there may have been any endings making way for new beginnings. Hopefully whatever may come will turn out to be a pleasant surprise.

I don't know if you are into astrology at all or not. I had seen on one of the other forums that Mercury has started into it's retrograde period again, and will last until Sept 29th. I'm not too into astrology myself, but I had learned about Mercury retrograde during it's last retrograde cycle on that same forum. They say it interferes with communications. I'm sure that last garbled sentence is a good example....lol

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook