Page 2 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Ouija "Dangers" vs Other Types of Divination
4 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2009 - 10:37AM #11
Lavender

OK, I've heard of Ouiji boards, but I don't know what they are. I was at one time a wiccan (no regrets on that, btw) and never used a Ouiji board. SO, what are they????

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2009 - 11:52AM #12
Wendyness

Ouija boards are used to communicate with spirits.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2009 - 3:50PM #13
Dreamweever2

Lavender, most Ouiji boards I've seen are mass produced and sold where they sell board games. It's a board that has all of the letters of the alphabet on it, the words "yes" and "no" in the corners. It comes with a triangular shaped object called a "planchette". The planchette (sp?) has a clear plastic viewing circle in the center of it, and three plastic legs with felt on the bottom of them so that it will glide smoothly across the board, and you look through the viewing circle to see what letters appear underneath to spell out words. Two or more people sit holding their fingers lightly on the planchette and ask questions of spirit, then wait for the planchette to move, spelling out the words that respond to the questions. They usually write out the letters as they come up to keep track and read back the response. I have seen ghost hunting programs where they make a homemade version of the board on a table top, using an inverted drinking glass as a planchette. The problem some say, with using an ouiji board happens when the people using it do not know to use protection such as white light prior to beginning, thereby inadvertently allowing negative entities access to them. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2009 - 5:05PM #14
karbie

By selling the Ouija board as a  'board game'  and the equivalent of a toy but with some "forbidden" tang to it, not too many people believe there's any REAL danger or it couldn't be sold. Since we live in an age when things like TV dinners feel compelled to include "Take out of box before heating", again we get the idea that it can't be dangerous or no one would sell it.

Of course, the fact that alcohol and tobacco are legal and sold in grocery stores doesn't mean that they are edible or have no side effects....

Without being grounded and taking at least the most basic proctection of surrounding yourself with the white light of the Holy Spirit, an Ouija board or any other divination tool could be the equivalent to keeping all the doors and entries into your home wide open for anyone who wants to be there. I will admit that when they use a divination device in  a "Most Haunted" episode I keep waiting for the day it spells out S-H-U-T- U-P.

Are there spirits out there? Of course; with a psychic grandmother and father that was a pretty basic assumption for me since it was considered as just part of life growing up. I would assume that having someone among the people who were using the board would get a better reaction and response by shining a brighter light. I do know that Grandma knew one was in the house as soon as she stepped through the door and told us to get rid of it. I know that Daddy didn't know about it and it was in a closet in the bedroom my sister and I shared. She thought I'd gotten rid of it a long time ago but it was such a great size to use the back for playing solotaire. She stopped having nightmares as soon as it was gone.

When we sold our house and I had a newborn, it was part of the contract that I would only have the house shown by appointment. I had one salesman who kept bugging me to do an open house because there was so much traffic on the street on the weekends. I told him that while there might have been a lot of traffic, there was still a lot of it I didn't want going through my house. I consider the Ouija board to be about the same thing.

Whether you like Sylvia Browne or not, her opinion when asked about them was to get rid of them and certainly not to use them. She said that it was an open invitation to anyone who might want to come into your home, and it could open doors that might not be as easy to close.

Is it worth the risk? No, not to me.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2009 - 7:25PM #15
Teknmage

This is an example of an Ouija Board, normally it will have yes and no, as well as the letters from A to Z and the numbers from 0 to 9 on it.  Most often I have seem them used in conjunction with a triangle pointer used to select the letters or numbers. A few people will normally lay their hands on the pointer, and ask a simple question. The pointer will move, perhaps to the yes/no area or perhaps you'll get a message spelled out for you.

Needless to say the idea here is no one forces the pointer to move it simple moves on it's own.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2009 - 11:01PM #16
andrewcyrus

Sep 21, 2009 -- 12:05AM, Wendyness wrote:

Catboxer,

The Book of Enoch was found in 1948 along with the Dead Sea Scrolls.  Very important book that was left out of the canon.   You will also find the Book of Enoch referenced in the New Testament in Jude, and Hebrews.  The reasons as to why this important book was left out is of much debate and speculation.  However, many believe it was left out because the church did not want the common man to have much knowledge about the angels.  It's all about the angels and the fall of angels, the judgement and much more importantly the prophecy of Christ.  Historically it has great value and should be looked at.  In Jewish mysticism Enoch, after he was taken by God and did not die, was transformed into the angel Metatron, he is the highest ranking angel in Jewish myth and very important in Kabbalah.  In other literature Enoch is also associated with Hermes in mythology.  Google Enoch and the tarot and be very surprised.

Hi Wendy,

Good posts! I have studied the Book of Enoch and concur that whatever is conjurred up on some board will be something that doesn't go away and will permeate the air with seduction deceit and eventually destruction.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2009 - 8:12AM #17
Urukai

Respectively folks,

I have used the board many times and Im still here. Nothing has permeated the air, I can discern truth from deceit and I do not lay in ruins...

The Ouija board is just another psychic tool. The maturity of those involved who use it counts for alot. If you go into using it with fearful preconceived notions of course you'll scare yourself silly.

The Ouija is exactly what you make of it...just like any other tool used to develop psychic ability...

Hugs and Much Love

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2009 - 11:22AM #18
Teknmage

Oct 23, 2009 -- 8:12AM, Urukai wrote:

Respectively folks,

I have used the board many times with the board and Im still here. Nothing has permeated the air, I can discern truth from deceit and I do not lay in ruins...

Respectively'

I have also used the board, and the cards, and I have used alcohol and I am not an alcoholic by any stretch of imagination. Does that mean that I will deny alcoholism? No. Can one scary themselves or others with the board of course, one can.

The Ouija board is just another psychic tool.

IMHO the world has many tools, and in the hands of a skilled user many tools have value and create things of beauty. Some tools in the hands of some users do not create beauty. As a rule we (as a society) do not give guns to two year olds, in some cases we (again as a society) do not permit adults to posses certain tools.

The maturity of those involved who use it counts for alot. If you go into using it with fearful preconceived notions of course you'll scare yourself silly.

The Ouija is exactly what you make of it...just like any other tool used to develop psychic ability...

A gun, a knife are also tools.... Some here deny the reality of psychic forces, and things.... Some here suggest anything of a psychic nature is false, or evil, or good, or benign.... I can claim to be a really good guy but our society will prevent me from obtaining a weapon of mass destruction. LOL Where I live I may not even obtain a few kilograms of high explosives. For the good of our society. 

What does a gun or a knife, or weapons of mass destruction have to do with psychic tools? A gun or a knife in my opinion are neither good or bad, but depending on the nature of the user can be used for both good and bad purposes. Good or bad depends on both the nature of the user and on he nature of the one judging. What one sees as good, another may experience as evil.

It seems to me that only those willing to deny the reality of psychic forces should claim their harmlessness. If one is willing to at least acknowledge psychic powers as real, then one should not be too quick to dismiss their potential for evil. To be abused and used in destructive ways.

Just my two cents...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2009 - 1:43PM #19
Urukai

I get in trouble when I try to quote the quotes. I have never gotten the way to do them down exactly...So I'll just jump in and get the general message out without all the buttons...

Oh and um...Respectively...I actually meant Respectfully but this works too...

So respectively

I have to disagree or actually make a distinction respectfully...psychic tools do not have the potential, a potential for good or evil...they are neutral...it is the the people who use them that the that potential...it is their will, their intent, their choice to do what they will.

A ouija board has no such will and can not make such a choice. It a thing made of wood or resin or whatever these days, same as Tarot Cards(not that they are made of wood but are man made you get the idea), same as a crystal ball...same as a black mirror and so on...they are inanimate objects...nothing has any power that we don't give it.

A gun is not put on trial, neither a knife, neither electricity, neither a crystal ball or ouija board...

It is the responsibility of those using the tools to be responsible with them.

If someone is going to be abusive and destructive...the tool...can be anything...anytime...anywhere...

And a ouija board is no more lethal then the maturity of the mind of that uses it.

As for denying existence of evil connected to psychic ability...anybody can be evil on this side or the other...

We all have the potential to be jerks  -

Which is why whatever tool you use in order to be responsible you have to have procedures set up ahead of time to deal with such things whether your using a Ouija board or set of Tarot cards or a Crystal ball or your own body as the medium. It is noone else's responsibility to do this but your own, the medium as in the person channeling, not the medium as in object used that needs to be policed.

Respectively Respectfully

Urukai

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2009 - 2:06PM #20
Urukai

This is an addendum,

Sorry I forgot to address this bit...

Teknmage "IMHO the world has many tools, and in the hands of a skilled user many tools have value and create things of beauty. Some tools in the hands of some users do not create beauty. As a rule we (as a society) do not give guns to two year olds, in some cases we (again as a society) do not permit adults to posses certain tools."

Nobody is talking about giving a gun or a ouija board to a 2 year old or to someone who is mentally diminished or incapacitated or disturbed in some way...

Age of majority confers certains rights in a society.

The ability choose a leader, the ability to choose a mate etc. The idea is that at whatever age society deems to be the age of reason that person is now considered responsible for themselves and their actions...again unless mentally diminshed in some way.

I do not have responsibility over the actions of other functioning adults. I do have responsibility in my own sphere as a result...

I don't leave my tools lying around and make it very plain to my children they don't use tools that they do not have prior instruction for and experience with...and that goes with adults who I know as well who come to me and ask to be taught. If they should choose to go do these things on their own ( the adults) - then they take on the onus for themselves.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook