Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
Switch to Forum Live View Ouija "Dangers" vs Other Types of Divination
3 years ago  ::  Sep 23, 2011 - 12:55AM #51
Fae

This is interesting. I grew up having my grandmother warn me of ouiji boards, learning about ancient egypt, astrology, and all things that would "lead my house to be a demon's dwelling place". But here I am, spiritual, agnostic and having a pleasant, demon-free time.

Four years ago I spent Halloween with a new friend and two of her friends I had never met. They wanted to go to a cemetery and use the boy's ouiji board! (I was 19 and the oldest of us all) I had never even seen one and was very excited, yet nervous. I do believe in the paranormal. But he kept saying that he was very experienced in it and always got a response....which made me skeptical. When we got to the cemetery a cop car followed us in and pulled us over. They made us get out and searched our car. They laughed openly at us for having the ouiji board in a cemetery on Halloween. But anyways, we ended up going to a park. He pushed me to ask about someone and so I did about my Aunt that had passed recently. Ofcourse it moved. But I didn't believe it. Maybe I didn't believe it because I didn't know or trust these people. I didn't feel anything during it and I have experienced positive paranormal before. I do believe ouiji boards CAN work. The boy ended up being someone I don't care for who is very rude. I would love to try one again I just think I will be choosy about who I do it with.

Correct me if I am wrong, aren't ouiji boards meant for contacting spirits/paranormal (and unfortunately demons sometimes), but tarot cards and other tools are for divination, trying to obtain information about our future? Wouldn't the ouiji board be more dangerous? Or is it not so black and white? I'm curious about this as I have just started using tarot cards and would like to know if people start experiencing the paranormal more often while using them.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 26, 2011 - 2:35PM #52
BeerLover

Hello Fae and welcome to this little corner of cyberspace.  I'll offer my opinions on the subject.  Just be aware they are just that- opinions and not some immutable truth. 

I've been reading the tarot for about five years now, and have found the cards are actually most useful to reach somebody in the here and now.  It's one thing to predict when new love will come into your life.  It's a far more useful thing to help a person become available to new love.  Tarot is about gaining clarity into a problem or situation, bringing to the surface something which you have been denying. 

But to answer your other question, tarot cards are not summoning tools.  I suppose it is possible to open a portal while using the cards- you are in a meditative state, after all.  But you are focused on another person, looking for their energy.

Blessings,

BeerLover

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 26, 2011 - 7:50PM #53
Fae

Sep 26, 2011 -- 2:35PM, BeerLover wrote:

Hello Fae and welcome to this little corner of cyberspace.  I'll offer my opinions on the subject.  Just be aware they are just that- opinions and not some immutable truth. 

I've been reading the tarot for about five years now, and have found the cards are actually most useful to reach somebody in the here and now.  It's one thing to predict when new love will come into your life.  It's a far more useful thing to help a person become available to new love.  Tarot is about gaining clarity into a problem or situation, bringing to the surface something which you have been denying. 

But to answer your other question, tarot cards are not summoning tools.  I suppose it is possible to open a portal while using the cards- you are in a meditative state, after all.  But you are focused on another person, looking for their energy.

Blessings,

BeerLover

Thank you BeerLover! It's great to talk to someone experienced with the tarot....I know no one who does tarot or meditation and I don't even think any of my family or friend's would even be comfortable with me talking about it, besides whom I live with. It seems like when I ask about something I do get more cards that are extremely accurate relating to my feelings about the situation, and the situation itself.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook