Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View What are your favorite Tarot / Oracle decks?
5 years ago  ::  Jul 03, 2009 - 11:22PM #1
Umai

Hi Everyone!

I was wondering, what your favorite decks are. :)

I personaly have a collection of about 60 Tarot decks and 40 Oracle decks. sone are sort of "my collection and othere I use when reading professionaly.

Here are some of my and my clients favorites:

Favourite Tarot Decks:

Druid Craft!!!!!
Ironwing Tarot!!!!!!!!!
Tarot of the Southwers Sacred Tribes
Vision Quest Tarot
The Tarot of Transformation
Healing Earth Tarot
Animals Divine Tarot
Medicine Cards
Sacred Path Cards
Wolf Song Cards

soooooo!!??

How about you?

:)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2009 - 9:11AM #2
BeerLover

Hi Umai,

And a belated welcome to the Tarot boards.  Set a spell, read the threads such that they are.  This place used to be jumpin', maybe will be again sometime.  Post on the open reading thread if the mood strikes you.  From the sound of it you are a pro.  A hundred decks, wow, that's a lot.  I only have two, neither of which made your favorites list.  I started out with the Osho Zen Tarot deck, certainly you have heard of it.  I love the deck.  I love the images, the joy infused through the deck, and the really good write-ups in the book.  Quoting extensively from the book can make even an hack like me sound good Wink  Besides, the Osho Zen deck played a part in falling in love with my wife.  We met right here on the tarot boards, and her read for me got things going between us.  It will always be my favorite deck.

I also have the Gilded Tarot by Ciro Marchetti, just to have a more standard deck.  Also the whole feel of the deck is different.  The joy of Osho is replaced by a cool intelligence.  The Far East themed pictures are replaced by the more typical Mideval European style.

And to be honest with you, I don't see myself buying another deck for the little I actually read.  It takes a lot of time and energy for me to get really familiar with a deck.  Those are scarce commodities in the BeerLover world these days.

There are a lot of other readers who lurk and post on these boards.  I hope some of them chime in with their favorite decks.

Good topic.

BeerLover

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2009 - 12:28PM #3
Umai

Hi there, Beerlover/ Tarot lover!

Oh yes, I do have the Osho Zen Tarot!

I like its readability and it's "into the face" way!

It is also good, to see Asian faces! :)

I am a member of Aeclectic Tarot and there we have an extensive study thread on this and many other decks. It is free to sign up! check it out!

www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=8306...

Right now I am studying the Inner Child Tarot = Large colourful cards with fairy tale themes. I am intruiged by lore and legends..... :) 

www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/inner-chil...

Blessings!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2009 - 12:13PM #4
catboxer

My favorites are still:

1) the grand-daddy of all our modern decks, the Tarot de Marseilles, or

2) a regular playing card deck.

Usually for readings and consultations I use a deck of my own devising, which is kind of a combination of the 2

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2009 - 2:04PM #5
Urukai

Hello and welcome Umai!

Some favorites:

Tarot

Legacy of The Divine

The Mystic Dreamer

DruidCraft (This 1 is my fav of the favs. It is the only deck Ive every bought used and was so glad I did because the energy off it is fantastic!) 

Oracles

The Wisdom Well

Spirit of The Wheel Meditation cards

Caroline Myss' Archetype cards

The Tao Oracle also made by Osho (Waves to Beer)

I have to admit to an addiction to collecting these things. Each deck has a different energy to them and its interesting where that energy takes you during a reading...

Hugs

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2009 - 6:00PM #6
Whitesage

Hello to all, and brand new here!

My favourite is the Crowley/Thoth deck.  Over the past 30 years, no matter how many other decks I have collected or worked with (oh my, over 50 at last count), I always return to this deck.  I suppose we all return to the deck that resonates best with us.  I am always drawn back to the art, and over the years, as I read for people, there were some moments when  I felt "off" -- but, if I focused on simply "reading what I saw" and explaining the symbols, the cards would always read themselves. It is a powerful deck!

I apprenticed to a reader with that deck. So I always come back to it.

I also love the Sallie Glassman deck: New Orleans Voudoun Tarot. It has a lot of Thelemic and Voudoun imagery I am drawn too.

I also love the Palladini deck -- in fact, I love all my decks, but those would be my top three.

Blessings to all,

WS

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 05, 2009 - 10:00AM #7
catboxer

Hello Whitesage. I'd say "welcome," but I'm kind of a newcomer here myself.

You must be an artist, because those are all very much artists' decks.

The only one of the three I was already familiar with was Crowley's, of course. It's a landmark because of the outstanding execution of Crowley's ideas by Lady Frieda Harris, if for no other reason. I think I owned a copy of it once, but was unable to work with it because of the strangeness and unfamiliarity of some of the images and concepts.

That New Orleans Voodoo tarot also is very impressive from an artistic standpoint, although its applicability as tarot would have to be limited to the person who designed it and those who have studied the exact meanings of her very place-specific iconography.

Hope to see more of you at this place.

DB/CB

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2009 - 3:57PM #8
cherryofcupcake

My favourites would have to be anything by Magic Realist Press, especially the Bohemian Gothic and Victorian Romantic decks. At present, I'm using the Bohemian Gothic most of all... must be that sense of impending Hallowe'en...

I'm also extremely fond of Tarot of the Sweet Twilight, a new Lo Scarabeo deck. Lovely images and a sweet, melancholy voice. Lisa Hunt's Fairy Tale Deck is another favourite.

:)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2010 - 4:53AM #9
Saucyshepirate

Hello, new here as well.

My favorite deck is the Universal Goddess Deck, not only does it depict different goddesses throughout the world, the artwork is amazing. I always get clear readings with this deck, but then again each deck is different people.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2010 - 5:57PM #10
Ashley

Hello every one! I only have one deck as I am a beginner & still learning Tarot. I didn't pick out my deck, my Mom just bought them home one day for me. The deck is called "Cachet Tarot Reading" with illustrations by Colin Howard. The deck is beautiful in my opinion, and I love how realistic the people in the cards look. The only problem I have is that the pip cards don't have characters & only have the number of pip symbols on them (1-10 wands, cups, pentacles or swords) so it's hard for me to understand them in my own way. I have been looking into numberology though hoping it can give me some sense of information to elp me out with this deck until I feel comfortable enough to get another deck for myself.

Site: www.tarotpassages.com/cachet-lb.htm

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook