Switch to Forum Live View Does Your Career Fit Your Sign?
5 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2009 - 2:15AM #1
Meliora9553

I'm getting my masters in Counseling and eventually want to work in a University's office of student affairs  - I'm particularly interested student engagement and academic advising. I want to help people socialize, try new things, and become good students. 

And it really fits who I am astrologically speaking:  Rising - Sagittarius, Sun- Libra, Moon - Cancer, Mercury - Libra, Venus - Libra, Mars - Sagittarius.

And looking back on other jobs I have had, I can totally see the influences of the heavens at work:

Camp Counselor - Ooh! Playing out doors with kids! ( Sag + Cancer)

Retail - Ooh! Discounts on Pretty clothes! (So Libra)

HR - Helping people gets what's fair (Libra + Cancer)

Anyone else notice a pattern in their work life?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2009 - 10:30AM #2
LThul

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to see the 8 posts this thread says there is....also, I'd like to find out what careers are best for my sign--Scorpio.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 16, 2009 - 12:20AM #3
Kartari
Very true, Meliora.  It's important to also look to the sixth and tenth houses, however, to get a fuller picture of one's work and career potential.

Going by the sun sign alone is not enough, LThul.  The birth chart must be examined and interpreted, particularly the sixth and tenth houses which govern daily routines, work (sixth), career and public recognition (tenth), and apply these to the rest of the chart (mainly the sun, moon and ascendant).

I myself am a Virgo with Scorpio rising.  I've got Aries on my sixth house cusp and Leo on my tenth house cusp.  What do I do for a living?  I have two jobs: a computer technician and a computer game developer, self-employed in both cases.  The Virgo explains the analytical mind and related interests, but Aries on the sixth house cusp explains my lifelong desire for self-employment (my favorite jobs were always the ones that left me alone to do my own thing the most).  Leo on the tenth, maybe I'll become famous one day for my computer games (Leo = play, as in games).

Had I other signs on my house cusps, I would still be an analytical Virgo, but I might be a math teacher or science writer (Gemini or Sag on the sixth house cusp), a lawyer (Libra or Sag on the sixth house cusp), a crime scene investigator or detective (Scorpio on the sixth house cusp), etc..  Note the common trait of an analytical personality, but applied to varying fields appropriate to the sign on the sixth house cusp.

In your case, being a Scorpio, you would simply bring any of the following qualities to what you do for a living: your intensity, passion, psychological analysis and the desire for deeper transformation.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook