6 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2009 - 2:39PM #1
BeerLover

OK, this has nothing to do with tarot, but one which I hope the B'net community finds interesting.  If you don't like the idea of a thread like this, take it up with the moderatorWink

June is my favorite month of the year.  It is the month with the most daylight.  It contains tow delightful holidays, Father's day and my birthday.  Growing up, June was a bit of a breather between the rush of spring planting and oats harvest in July.  Summer was new and fresh.  Everything was green and growing with the promise of harvest in the months to come.  The new school year was still far away.  July and August tended to be hot, dry and dusty.  June was perfect.  Nowadays, I see and feel all nature filled with life.  This growing phase starts in May here in these parts.  We are already harvesting lots from our garden.  So June- warm, green, light, holding the pormise in months to come.

So I ask the Gallery, what is your favorite month?  or season or even week.

Enjoying the season,

BeerLover

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 06, 2009 - 2:13AM #2
Dreamweever2

Hi there BeerLover!

I can tell you my favorite season of the year...for me it's summer time. I love the life in things, the flowers, green healthy trees, animals are more often seen, and the water. I love water....still sleep on a water bed lol! I know...how 70's...lol. As far as sleeping and comfort level, it's the most comfortable surface, and it's also easier for me to move around in water than on land. I also love to swim...always have. Guess I should have been a dolphin!! 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 06, 2009 - 11:40AM #3
Urukai

I gotta go with Fall/October.  There is a tremendous feeling of change in this season. Getting ready for the coming year. Leaves turning colors, animals burrowing getting ready to cloister away for the winter. The season just feels more solid to me than the lighter days of spring and summer that pass all too fast and the heavy, bitter cold days of winter that stay far toooo long.

October is also the time of Samhain. A high holy day for us Pagans.  We remember, pay respects and commune with family and friends, pets and other loved ones that have died.  For me its a time of colors and movement and the Wind which seems alive as it scurts the ground and trees, getting into houses and people. During this time I remember the darkness that I came from and that eventually I will return to.

I guess its a time when I feel closest to the changes that bring about death and life...There is just something in me that recognizes this time of year that says hey come home.

Love

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2009 - 11:55AM #4
BeerLover

Let me start by saying I love all four seasons.  Each one has it's own unique appeal to me.  I'm very connected to nature, to the point where we don't have any electronics, even an alarm clock in our bedroom any more.  We live in a big old Victorian farmhouse out in the country.  Nature flows in through open windows.  We have AC but rarely use it. 

Summer is great because of the long days and vigorous growth of plant life.  Late summer in the South tends to be hot, dry, and sleepy, much like midwinter in the North.  All of life hunkers down just trying to survive.  I like June's promise of the harvest to come more than the actual harvest which July and August bring.

When I think of Fall, I think October.  September is more associated with the start of school and the flurry of activity associated with those new beginnings.  Other orgaizations start their year in September as well.  October always brought corn and bean harvest, the big payoff for small farmers like us.  October also brought heavy frost which brought ripeness to fall garden crops like squash.  I have many fond memories of picking brightly colored squash from among the dead vines which made them.  October finishes with Halloween, a time to welcome the coming darkness (like it or not) and remember those who have passed before.  November was a continuation of the harvest started in October.  And Thankgiving is just out of place at the end of November.

I was never much for Autumn leaves.  To me, the falling leaves were a tangible sign that summer was over and winter was just around the corner.  Their beauty was overshadowed by the thought that they would be gone until April, and that always seemed like a long time to wait.  Like the great flocks of geese flying south, the trees were exiting the stage.

Unlike you, Urukai, I don't want to see it all go.  I feel life draining out of my surroundings, leaving only the toughest plants and animals to endure the winter months ahead, and a part of me wants to say, "Hey, don't go quite yet." 

But today it is another glorious day in June,

BL

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2009 - 3:12AM #5
Cardtechgirl83

I want to chime in! SmileMy favorite months are the ones that I feel worst in, summer. I am an allergy ridden individual so it can be hard to enjoy the outdoors, but I dont let it stop me. Of the three summer months August has to be my favorite. Its scortching hot, so its good swimming weather, and as childish as this is going to sound, it's my birth month.

"Time is an illusion that serves a purpose." Author Unknown
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2009 - 11:34AM #6
BeerLover

Welcome Cardtechgirl.  It's always good to see a new face here on the Tarot boards. 

Ah yes, August holds a special place in my heart as well, a bittersweet month.  Growing up it was a bit of down time between oats harvest and corn harvest.  August was the culmination of summer with the county fair (we were in 4-H).  The few summer camps and big vacations we had came in August.  The days are getting noticably shorter, schools starts up again.  When I was fresh in the world of work, late August was a reminder that my days in school were over. 

So you were born in August?  A Leo?  My parents are both Leo's born august 14 and 15 (several years apart).  There is nothing childish about liking your birth month.  If you like that month, you do.  It's your preference, not to be judged by anybody else.

Welcome again, stay a while.

BeerLover

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 10, 2010 - 4:12AM #7
cdkelley

My favorite month??

Hmmmm....I read the posts,& thought.'I think that 1 is!'

Then I'd read the next post & think,'Oh! I agree! That 1 is!"

LOL! -figures!!!

Then I thought....I can't really say any given month is my favorite.But I can say

this-I agree with BL about June,the beginning of the summer,the sweet sunshine,the fun picnics & outings only summer seems to bring.But then I have to agree with Urakai!

The fall,(September brings my birthday) but it's the crispness in the fall,the changes in the sceenery,the wonderful fall colors.The anticipation of the Holidays,that can bring our spirits together in love.along with the feeling of anticipation of a coming new year that I look forward to as time so blesses me with.

But then I think of my most favorite thing I look forward to-the flowers in the spring.All their beauty they bring forth.Their beautiful smells.How I still love to ride my bike around & pick vasefuls of them every chance I get!

So-I can't say which is my favorite month,but I can say-I don't like the snow.But then I never have been around it! LOL!I just don't like the cold!(What a wuss,I know! LOL!)

So I have to say I love all the months,becuz each one has a special meaning!

LOL!

Love ya all,

Cathy :)

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook