Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
Switch to Forum Live View Things I Don't Believe In...
5 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2010 - 6:54PM #41
Resipsa

Dec 29, 2009 -- 12:57AM, Namchuck wrote:

Is this supposed "unmanifest" anything other than a complete fiction?

The "unmanifested," as I refer to it, is anything we can't see/hear/touch or otherwise empirically perceive or test for. 

I'm an athiest and a skeptic and there's very little outside the readily perceivable world which I believe in.  However, I do think it would be foolish of me not to concede that science can (and has been) wrong... that there's more to existance than I can perceive... and that, as a human animal, my understanding of the universe is bound to be grossly limited.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2010 - 9:06PM #42
Namchuck

Jan 1, 2010 -- 6:54PM, Resipsa wrote:

Dec 29, 2009 -- 12:57AM, Namchuck wrote:

Is this supposed "unmanifest" anything other than a complete fiction?

The "unmanifested," as I refer to it, is anything we can't see/hear/touch or otherwise empirically perceive or test for. 

I'm an athiest and a skeptic and there's very little outside the readily perceivable world which I believe in.  However, I do think it would be foolish of me not to concede that science can (and has been) wrong... that there's more to existance than I can perceive... and that, as a human animal, my understanding of the universe is bound to be grossly limited.

Your articulate clarification is very much appreciated, Resipsa.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2010 - 5:21PM #43
teilhard

Dec 30, 2009 -- 5:19PM, Namchuck wrote:

Dec 30, 2009 -- 12:09PM, teilhard wrote:

It's difficult to "believe in" -- or understand --

something one has not actually personally Experienced,

eh ... ???

Believing in anything without evidence is contrary to reason,

Exactly ...

Hence, the Importance of Actual Real-Life E-X-P-E-R-I-E-N-C-E,

eh ... ???

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 20, 2010 - 7:07PM #44
Slipnish

I thought of this thread for the first time in a while...

Mostly because I moved out of the other location and bought myself a house.   Interestingly enough...it's got some similar issues, though they seem much more tame.

The doors to the other bedrooms open of their own accord.

I've had reports from others of seeing shadows walking in front of doorways, and standing over them when asleep.

One report of some(one/thing) knocking on a bedroom door when everyone was otherwise occupied...

Interesting, huh?

Maybe it's me...

It's been quiet for a few months, but we'll see.

I don't believe it. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it.

~Any Creationist~
(But honestly Douglas Adams)

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2010 - 12:02AM #45
Slipnish

Dead board is dead.  (Is that a pun here?)

~Any Creationist~

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2010 - 7:54PM #46
In2thlight

Oct 12, 2010 -- 12:02AM, Slipnish wrote:

What prompted you to check on it and repost?  Something goin on again you need to vent?

Prov 23:12 Don't refuse to accept criticism; get all the help you can.

Revelations 3:8  When God leads you to the edge of the cliff, trust Him fully and let go, only 1 of 2 things will happen, either He'll catch you when you fall, or He'll teach you how to fly!

The journey has only begun.  Spread your wings with me!  Let's Fly!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 01, 2010 - 11:58PM #47
Slipnish

Nov 4, 2010 -- 7:54PM, In2thlight wrote:

Oct 12, 2010 -- 12:02AM, Slipnish wrote:

What prompted you to check on it and repost?  Something goin on again you need to vent?

Dunno really.  I think we were talking about spooky experiences about work that day, and it made me think of that thread.  It was quite an adventure.

~Any Creationist~

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2010 - 7:26AM #48
whirlgal

Aug 20, 2010 -- 7:07PM, Slipnish wrote:

I thought of this thread for the first time in a while...

Mostly because I moved out of the other location and bought myself a house.   Interestingly enough...it's got some similar issues, though they seem much more tame.

The doors to the other bedrooms open of their own accord.

I've had reports from others of seeing shadows walking in front of doorways, and standing over them when asleep.

One report of some(one/thing) knocking on a bedroom door when everyone was otherwise occupied...

Interesting, huh?

Maybe it's me...

It's been quiet for a few months, but we'll see.

Slipnish--hi.

You may think you're joking when you say--"It may be me" but this can sometime happen that energies get attached to a person and come along with them wherever they go.

If you want some possible suggestions on ways to think about/perhaps alter the situation--let me know either here or via PM.

Sending good thoughts your way.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 09, 2010 - 8:05PM #49
Slipnish

Dec 5, 2010 -- 7:26AM, whirlgal wrote:

Slipnish--hi.

You may think you're joking when you say--"It may be me" but this can sometime happen that energies get attached to a person and come along with them wherever they go.

If you want some possible suggestions on ways to think about/perhaps alter the situation--let me know either here or via PM.

Sending good thoughts your way.

I've heard of that, and honestly, I don't think I'd alter it if I could.  I enjoy the sense of adventure each encounter brings, and the hair raising WOW! I get when I tell the stories.  It's been fun for the most part, though I it seems most of the people I talk to would feel that way.

I've never felt threatened or even scared beyond the immediate, WTF was that, moment.  All in all, it's still quiet, with the exceptin of my new kitties.  They seem to feel at home, so I guess I can't do any less.

But thanks all the same!

~Any Creationist~

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook