5 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2009 - 5:21PM #1
ManzanitaBear

I saw a mention somewhere of Venus being retrograde right now, in Aries.  What does that mean?  How would it play out in day to day life?

And I notice that in the last week or two, my local newspaper seems to have had a spike in stories about family violence: at least two separate incidents of someone killing family members and then themselves, and a noticeable rise in particularly nasty abuse cases coming to light.  Is that connected with Venus retrograde, or something else going on astrologically?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2009 - 1:13AM #2
LunaSolaris

Check out the "Astrological Musings" blog here on BNet.  I just read through it, and it covers all of those things. :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2009 - 9:56PM #3
Kartari

Hey MB,

Just saw this, haven't been here in a while. :)  Transiting retrogrades indicate a global turning inward of the planet's function; in the case of Venus, a turning inward of the functions of relating with others.  As with Mercury retrograde coinciding with an increase in communications dysfunction, Venus retrograde would coincide with an increase in tensions between people, or an increase in conflicts... especially in Aries which sparks self-interest over the interests of others.

Of course, other factors are always playing out simultaneously.  When bad stuff comes to light, it could be one of the outer planets.  Saturn is a planet of karma for example.  As for violence, Venus retrograde in Aries can contribute to the circumstances behind the violence, but Pluto and Mars transits are the prime suspects when violence is concerned.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook