Switch to Forum Live View Developing intuition/psi, a contradiction?
5 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2009 - 12:44PM #1
malachan

Hey guys,

I've read several methods on developing your intuition/psi.  What I often hear is that during meditation, you want to "quiet" your mind of "thoughts" and "impressions."  Yet later on during the meditation be "open" to "thoughts" and "impressions."  This seems like a contradiction.  I have 2 theories for doing this, but I'm still not certain.  I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on this.

Stardove, I hope you don't mind but I posted this in a couple of different boards as well, since this is an area that highly fascinates me and in hopes of getting a satisfactory answer (and balanced perspective).

Thank you and Blessings

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2009 - 1:10AM #2
Stardove

Mar 30, 2009 -- 12:44PM, malachan wrote:

Hey guys,

I've read several methods on developing your intuition/psi.  What I often hear is that during meditation, you want to "quiet" your mind of "thoughts" and "impressions."  Yet later on during the meditation be "open" to "thoughts" and "impressions."  This seems like a contradiction.  I have 2 theories for doing this, but I'm still not certain.  I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on this.

Stardove, I hope you don't mind but I posted this in a couple of different boards as well, since this is an area that highly fascinates me and in hopes of getting a satisfactory answer (and balanced perspective).

Thank you and Blessings

I took classes locally from two different teachers (and a third that I only took 2 classes from).  My first classes were Metaphysics 101 and the teacher taught beginning students for one year.  I also sat in her Spirit Circles during the year of classes.  My 2nd teacher taught a higher level of Spiritual teachings, but we also would sit in development or Spirit Circles.  I also went to a Spiritualist Seminary called Camp Chesterfield in IN.  That is my back ground.

When I am the medium in charge of a Spirit Circle or do a readings.  I say my prayers of protection and ask that my mind be still and allow my guidance to come through.  I ask my joy guides to be the doorkeepers to protect me and only allow spirits that need to come though.  I'm lucky to have twin joy guides.  Makes life twice as much fun. 

I am amazed at the messages that come through from Spirit.  Things I have no way of knowing about a person, but I give what I hear mentally to the person I'm reading for or for those in a Spirit Circle.  Normally the readings I do are at social events or sometimes a convention show.  So I will read for about 25 to 50 people depending on the contract for the event, meaning how long and if more than one day.  A local company does the bookings.

On the other hand during my days as a student I had so much proof of Spirit given by other mediums to me I have no doubts that life continues after a person goes Home (the other side).  Our souls or spirits are eternal.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2009 - 1:17AM #3
Stardove

Prayers are talking to God/Goddess.

Meditation is listening to God/Goddess.

Yes, you quiet the mind during meditation, but you also allow spirit to give you messages.  When I say listening to God I believe our guidance (spirit guides) and angels are the filters we hear Creator though.

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2009 - 10:17AM #4
malachan

Hi Stardove,

Thank you for insights.  Your training is really impressive.  What you said about first quieting the mind, before first receiving guidance makes a lot of sense.  I enjoy hearing about your experiences.  This helps affirm for me the beauty and wonders of our world.

Many of the top intuitives/psychics/mediums say they were already very attuned  or gifted with this ability as children (I hear  this many times and it's almost a cliche that children are naturally very psychic, but from personal experiences I can't completely agree with this).  Therefore may I also ask if you think people who aren't as naturally gifted with these talents can still develop this ability? 

Thank you and blessings

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2009 - 1:01AM #5
Stardove

Apr 24, 2009 -- 10:17AM, malachan wrote:

Hi Stardove,

Thank you for insights.  Your training is really impressive.  What you said about first quieting the mind, before first receiving guidance makes a lot of sense.  I enjoy hearing about your experiences.  This helps affirm for me the beauty and wonders of our world.

Many of the top intuitives/psychics/mediums say they were already very attuned  or gifted with this ability as children (I hear  this many times and it's almost a cliche that children are naturally very psychic, but from personal experiences I can't completely agree with this).  Therefore may I also ask if you think people who aren't as naturally gifted with these talents can still develop this ability? 

Thank you and blessings

Sorry I missed your post till just now. Don't know how that happened. Short answer: yes.

I most certainly believe everyone can be intuitive and with training develop this ability.  I've had classes locally starting with Metaphysics 101, moving to another teacher for advanced classes. As well as some other teachers and classes including hands on healing, Reiki and Theta Healing, Numerology and probably more I'm forgetting. 

I do not say I was born with this gift, but have spent energy, time and money on training.  I sat in Spirit Circles as a student, then as a co-medium in charge and finally the medium in charge of the development circles.

I also went to Spiritualist Seminary at Camp Chesterfield in IN. I was shifting in my thinking for years from the religion of birth to spirituality.  In 1987 a major shift occurred which lead to the path I am on today.

IME some of those gifted psychics from birth do not understand about boundaries.  They will begin reading strangers without asking or being asked.  This is something a trained medium would never do.  A medium IMO goes to a higher level than a psychic.  There is a difference in the two. Others might disagree, but in my mind and experience there is.

EDIT:  I just saw where I had already mentioned some of the above in an earlier post.  ;o)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2009 - 12:21AM #6
malachan

Hi Stardove,

Thank you for the reply.  Your journey is really inspirational.  I like your dedication, how you kept learning and continuously training.  It gives me hope about my own practices at this developing this ability.  I'm thinking how much more wonderful this world can be if more people were able to receive clear, direct, and conscious communications or insights from their higher selves/spirit guides/guardian angels etc.

Thanks again

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2009 - 7:14PM #7
NothingButLove

There is a daily devotional just out, called The Guiding Light, a set of 365 daily messages from Father, the Father that lies within each of us. Its not yet back from the printer, but 125 books out of the initial 200 print run have been pre sold. Once its available. I will post details. You can read most of the daily messages on-line here: The Guiding Light

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook